If you are partial to parsley, you should not ignore chervil. It can be used as a substitute for parsley in several culinary preparations. Besides flavouring your food, chervil herb also can offer you several health benefits. While chervil may have been common in Western Asia and Eastern Europe, today it is ubiquitously used in French cuisine to impart mild flavouring to delicious French dishes.
Health Benefits of Chervil:
1. Chervil can reduce your high cholesterol quite easily if you make it a point to consume it regularly.
2. It is used to cure hiccups. If you want those irritating hiccups to cease, eat some chervil and banish them forever.
3. If you are suffering from high blood pressure, a mild dose of Chervil every day can help lower it. Besides lowering your blood pressure, chervil can also improve your digestive and kidney health.
4. One of the common problems that most women face is enduring water retention. Chervil can eliminate excessive fluids from your body, as it has diuretic properties. It can also help you combat menstrual cramps and abdominal pain.
5. Chervil plant is a storehouse of several minerals as well. It is rich in selenium, potassium, manganese and magnesium. You can use its antioxidant properties to get rid of free radicals from the body.
6. If you are pregnant, chervil is one herb you will adore, as it can help lighten stretch marks on your abdomen naturally. Also, during the first trimester, chewing on chervil can reduce morning sickness. The sweet fragrance of chervil is said to be the main reason for preventing nausea. Try it and let us know if it works.
[ Read: Benefits Of Bignay ]
Skin Benefits of Chervil:
7. Tired of your sunburned skin? Apply chervil paste and watch how your skin lightens naturally.
8. You can use it to disinfect and cleanse your skin. Kids are often adverse to disinfectants, as they cause a burning sensation when applied on scrapes and bruises. Just apply some chervil paste that will be mild while working on the wound.
9. It can provide relief from the symptoms of eczema. All you have to do is apply some chervil paste on the affected parts of your body. Not only will you get rid of the dry, scaly skin, it can also alleviate the accompanying itchiness.
10. Use chervil paste to cleanse your pores and prevent pimple and acne breakouts. If you are yearning for blemish-free skin, this is the perfect solution.
[Read:Benefits Of Saguaro Fruit]
Hair Benefits of Chervil:
11. Chervil oil, when massaged into your hair, helps to strengthen hair follicles, thereby preventing excessive hair loss.
12. You also can use the oil to improve texture and appearance of dull, dry hair. It acts as a natural conditioner and helps you overcome those bad hair days.
13. There also are claims that chervil oil can protect hair from the harshness of weather.
These were some of the common benefits of Chervil. We hope you found the article useful and will try out some of these tips yourself. Do let us know in the comments section if you used the herb and what was the result.
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015
- 15 Best Selling Brands Of Rose Perfumes, Fragrances And Scents - August 19, 2015