This South American herbal plant pronounced as ‘YERB-ah mah-TAY’ has high caffeine content and is brewed as a tea to enjoy its benefits. While the natives of South America drink the brew from a hollow gourd, you can use a cup and still reap the yerba mate nutrition and health benefits.
Yerba Mate Benefits For Health:
Women, especially during pregnancy, often complain of cellulite. These are fat deposits (in patches) under the skin and give your skin a bulging and dimpled appearance.
1. If you are battling cellulite unsuccessfully, it is time to try an extract of Yerba Mate on your skin. The caffeine in the extract will reduce cellulite and help you get flawless, smooth skin.
2. The extract is also beneficial for reducing visibility of stretch marks, a common problem most pregnant women experience.
3. Yerba Mate extract is a natural skin lubricant and using it regularly can help you get soft and healthy looking skin. Today, you get Yerba Mate oil that can be used to give your skin a lovely lustre and sheen.
[Read:Benefits Of Bignay]
Yerba Mate Benefits For Skin:
4. Hair dyes can make the hair dull. They also end up damaging your hair and you need to take proper care if you want to prolong the effects of the colour. With Yerba Mate, you can help bring back the lustre and sheen to your dyed hair.
5. Not only this, it also aids in strengthening your hair and making it bouncy and voluminous.
6. Yerba Mate also has the ability to restore your natural hair colour.
7. The vitamins and minerals in Yerba Mate can strengthen your hair follicles and reduce excessive hair loss.
8. They also help in promoting hair growth.
Yerba Mate Benefits Of Hair:
9. Besides helping you get great skin and hair, Yerba Mate can do wonders for your health as well.
10. It is rich in B complex vitamins and Vitamin C.
11. It also contains several minerals, such as manganese, zinc and potassium.
12. Vitamin C is an antioxidant. It helps to eliminate free radicals from the body and can also boost your immune system. This means you can prevent colds, coughs and premature aging.
13. If cancer runs in your family, you may want to take Yerba Mate to reduce the chances of developing it.
14. The theobromine in Yerba Mate can help you get a healthy heart.
15. It can reduce your blood pressure and restore your cardiac health.
16. If you feel depressed and moody, sip a brew of Yerba Mate. The caffeine in the herb will stabilize your mood and help alleviate stress.
17. It also helps to improve mental focus and helps concentrate.
18. The caffeine in Yerba Mate does not cause side effects, such as tremors and sleeplessness that are often associated with other caffeinated beverages.
19. You also can keep your digestive tract healthy with Yerba Mate, as it stimulates the production of bile and gastric juices.
20. Yerba Mate is the perfect treatment for halitosis or bad breath. It can remove bacteria that are often responsible for mouth odour. This is why it is a common ingredient in toothpastes.
[Read:How To Make Onion Juice]
With so much information about the herb, we are sure you will try and include it in your lifestyle somehow. Do let us know if you try it out and tell us how it helped you.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)