Being one of the well-endowed spices you can find in the world, cardamom seeds will appeal to you in every way possible. These seeds are not just used in food but also for medicinal purposes; in perfumes and for various other purposes. For many of us, cardamom seed is any other spice used in foods and as medicine, particularly in the Indian subcontinent. But do you know that these gifted seeds help provide nourishment for your skin and hair as well? Scroll below to read more on how the cardamom seeds benefit your skin.
Benefits of Cardamom Seeds For Skin:
Whoever thought that cardamom seeds would be the fountainhead to clean and healthy skin? Cardamom seeds indeed help in cleansing the skin, thereby removing all toxins and giving it a natural glow.
Some of the advantages you derive from these seeds are:
1. Cardamom seeds will help in hydrating your skin.
2. These seeds have been used since time immemorial for their healing powers. They also have good antibacterial properties.
3. They help in internal and external warming of the body, thereby resulting in increased circulation of blood.
4. They are also known for nourishing the skin and giving it a tranquil effect.
5. Cardamom seeds are also beneficial for their regulatory properties on the skin.
[ Read: Dried Apricots ]
Benefits of Cardamom Seeds For Hair:
6. This delectable spice also stretches its merit to your hair’s health. This spice helps in strengthening the roots, thereby helping you gain strong hair. It is also known to provide shine and lustre to your hair.
7. Steep the cardamom pods in Aloe Vera, oil and heat till you get the strong, delightful scent of cardamom. Take the saucepan off the stove and let it be for a day. Filter it out and voila. You have the cardamom-rich oil for your hair. Remember to use oil that doesn’t dominate the cardamom scent.
[ Read: Cinnamon Powder ]
Benefits of Cardamom Seeds For Health:
This Queen of Spices offers a plethora of advantages due to its numerous healing capabilities and medicinal properties. In order to get an overview of its health benefits, read on.
8. Have you lost your appetite? Then add some powdered cardamom to your curry or chew some of its seeds to improve your appetite.
9. How many of us suffer from cold and headaches when its winter? You need look no further. Just make cardamom tea and your headache will be gone in a jiffy!
10. Are you looking for a natural mouth freshener? Do you have odour problems? Chew a couple of cardamom seeds and it solves your breath problem (halitosis).
11. These seeds are the best solution for indigestion, belching and flatulence problems. Cardamom helps improve your digestion of food.
12. It is rich in minerals and vitamins like Vitamin A, B, C, niacin, riboflavin etc. It also helps in detoxification by removing toxins from the body. It is a great blood purifier and removes excess urea, calcium and other toxins from the kidney. This way, cardamom seeds are good for your kidney as well.
13. For those of you who suffer from hypertension, its time you consume cardamom on a regular basis as this spice has the capability of improving blood circulation to the lungs. This helps in reducing your blood pressure.
14. Various studies have shown that cardamom seeds are the storehouse of anti-bacterial and even anti-tumour properties. It is also known to be rich in antioxidants.
15. It also improves metabolism and boosts your immunity.
[ Read: Bael Juice ]
The above benefits are just a tip of a really huge ice-berg. Get ready to make cardamom seeds a part of your culinary world and eating lifestyle!
Did You Find This Article Helpful?