Who doesn’t like to munch on some crunchy cashew nuts? All of us do but how many of us actually use its oil? Not many, I believe.
This oil is derived by the cold press method using the seeds of the cashew tree. Its roots come from Northeast Brazil and have been used not just for medicinal or health purposes, but in beauty products as well.
It is rich in nutrients like vitamins and minerals and will provide you with all the goodness you need. It is also high in calories. From your cracked heels to your cholesterol, it is blessed with nutrients that can cure anything! Let us read to know more on how it nourishes your skin.
Cashew Nut (Kaju) Oil Benefits:
Benefits of using Cashew Nut Oil for Skin:
There are a plethora of beauty products and product ranges that include cashew nut oil as their featured ingredient. Do you want to know why? Listed below are the reasons:
1. This oil will provide a smooth texture to your skin.
2. Apply this oil on a regular basis to find that your skin has retained its moisture. This is largely due to the abundance of moisture present in cashew nut oil. This in turn can be owed to the availability of high amounts of unsaturated fatty acids in it.
3. Being rich in Vitamin E, it plays a vital role in anti-aging mechanism and therefore has become an important ingredient in anti-aging products.
4. Do you suffer from skin infections or warts? Want to try a home remedy? Apply cashew nut oil or the cashew shell oil on the infected area as the oil has the ability to treat fungal infections.
5. Cashew nut oil also helps in improving your skin complexion.
The above mentioned properties help make it a really good home remedy and are sure to give you young, vibrant and beautiful skin.
[ Read: Moringa Oil Benefits ]
Benefits of using Cashew Nut Oil for Hair:
This mild yet sweet, fragrant oil has to offer a lot of advantages for your hair as well. How, you may ask?
6. The pivotal ingredients that play the huge role are Vitamin E and unsaturated fatty acids. Acids like linoleic acid and oleic acid are richly present in this oil and can be used for all hair types. This, therefore, renders a smooth and shiny texture to your hair.
7. Again, for those of us who suffer from balding, the solution lies in applying this oil on a regular basis and you will surely note the difference.
8. If you are wondering whether cashew nut oil can treat scalp infections, think no more because it can!
Having deliberated on the benefits this oil has to endow on your skin and hair, the other major realm it deals with is health in its entire totality. Read further to know about its health benefits.
[ Read: Benefits of Saffron ]
Benefits of using Cashew Nut Oil for Health:
The list below gives an overview of its benefits:
9. This bean-shaped nut, found in tropical climatic regions is rich in magnesium and calcium. Its oil therefore helps in maintaining healthy and strong bones and teeth.
10. It helps prevent premature greying of hair by providing the hair and skin an important pigment known as melanin.
11. It also aids in providing good sleep to women who are in their menopausal stage.
12. Being rich in Vitamin E, this oil has antioxidant properties. This helps in preventing different types of cancer and other fatal diseases. It also helps in improving your body’s immune power.
13. Make this oil a part of your culinary life as it is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and linoleic acid. This will help lower your LDL cholesterol level and will keep your heart healthy.
[ Read: Almond Oil for Face ]
Use this oil on a regular basis and see the difference for yourself. Stay fit, stay healthy!
Latest posts by sitaranikhil (see all)
- Top 10 Beauty Tips For Kids - October 5, 2013
- Does GM Diet Have An India Version? - September 28, 2013
- 6 Best Reasons Why You Should Eat Pineapple For Weight Loss - September 27, 2013
- How Can Dates Help You Lose Weight? - September 17, 2013
- 10 Simple Ways In Which Green Tea Can Help Reduce Acne - September 16, 2013