Do you find acne marks and pimples creating a mess with your looks? Are you afraid of looking at yourself in the mirror just because you feel your face doesn’t look good? Then we have a solution – a simple and yet a highly effective one! It is the honey and milk mask, which is probably the best cleanser you can use on your face.
Want to more about this wonder mask and how to prepare it? Then go ahead and give a read!
Properties Of Honey And Milk:
Honey has many properties that help repair dry or flaky skin. It’s a natural emollient that hydrates the skin. Honey and milk contain many antibacterial properties that help deep cleanse the skin. Honey is a humectant (It attacks free radicals that harm the skin). Both the humectant and emollient properties of honey help rid the skin of free radicals, while ensuring that the moisture level of the skin is maintained.
[ Read: Homemade Face Packs with Honey ]
How To Apply Honey And Milk For Face:
Applying honey and milk to your face has many health benefits as we have seen above. Let’s look at how to apply honey and milk to your face.
Combining milk and honey can help you make a face mask or a cleanser, depending on your discretion. While the cleanser will help cure flakiness, the mask hydrates the skin and leaves it feeling soft.
- ½ Cup of unflavored and unsweetened milk
- ½ Cup of honey
How To Make:
- Begin by whisking the milk and the honey together. Whisk the mixture for at least two minutes.
- Using the tips of your fingers work the cleanser evenly on your face for at least two minutes.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wash the cleanser off using lukewarm water.
The Face Mask:
- 1 tablespoon of unflavored, plain and unsweetened yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon of raw, unprocessed and unrefined honey.
How To Make:
- Begin by whisking the honey and the yogurt. Whisk the mixture for a minimum of two minutes.
- Spread the mixture evenly over your face. Use the tips of your fingers to spread the mask evenly onto your face.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with warm water.
Benefits Of Milk And Honey Cleanser/Mask:
1. Glowing Skin:
The honey and milk mask gives you an instant glow as soon as you wash it off. Honey and milk contain many anti-oxidants, which are good for the body. The honey and milk mask acts as a great pick-me-up and can do wonders after a long day in the sun. It also helps reduce tanning.
2. Cures Chapped Lips:
Winters can be especially harsh on your lips. Applying a combination of honey and milk on your lips can cure chapped lips quickly and effectively. Regular application of this combination will help heal those chapped lips extra quick.
3. Removes Scars:
Honey and milk have been known to help remove scars. In fact, they help remove not only acne and other skin pigmentation, but wound scars and even chickenpox scars. Daily application of honey and milk will give you the best results.
4. Prevents Ageing:
It may seem incredible, but applying milk and honey for face can help you reduce those fine lines and wrinkles that have begun to make you look old. The honey and milk face mask contains many antioxidants that help curb the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your face.
5. Cures Acne:
If acne has been bothering you, the honey and milk mask is your savior. Regular use can help reduce the frequency and redness of acne. Raw honey has been known to cure acne, and its efficacy increases when you mix it with milk.
Have you ever tried honey and milk for face? So the next time you want to enhance your looks, don’t forget to try out the honey and milk mask for face! Why don’t you try out this magical mask today and tell us how it helped your skin? Share your experiences with us in the comments section below!
- Dead Sea Mud Mask- How To Prepare It And What Are Its Benefits?
- 8 Amazing Benefits Of Peel Off Masks
- How To Make Grape Face Mask At Home?
- 6 Simple Homemade Mud Masks – Benefits And Uses
- 7 Amazing Benefits Of Avocado Face Mask
Latest posts by Ameya C (see all)
- 8 Facts About Washing Hands That You Don’t Want To Ignore - February 23, 2016
- 10 Best Essential Oils To Treat Hemorrhoids - July 23, 2015
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil Bath - June 12, 2015
- Top 9 Foam Rollers For Runners - June 8, 2015
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Elemi Essential Oil - May 6, 2015