Potatoes are everyone’s favourite as they make delicious and crunchy snacks. They grow all over the world and are an excellent tonic for your health. Potato is useful for curing many common diseases and is used widely in India in numerous home remedies.
Potatoes can be used to make potato juice which contains Vitamins A, C, B, phosphorus, calcium, iron, potassium, fiber, and protein. Potato juice can be taken with any other juice, honey or lemon.
Let us quickly look at some of the benefits of this wonderful gift of nature:
Benefits of Potato Juice:
- Apply cold potato juice for skin to treat blemishes
- Cold juice can be applied on sun burnt skin for a soothing and cooling sensation.
- Apply potato juice on your face daily to keep away wrinkles and to get that healthy glow and softness.
- Keep cotton balls dipped in potato juice under the eyes to reduce dark circles.
- Rub a cotton ball dipped in the juice to get rid of a tired face and eyes.
- Apply potato juice to reduce facial swelling and for a natural bleaching effect.
- Mix potato and lemon juice to lighten your skin naturally
- Mix potato juice with multani mitti and lemon juice to get flawless skin.
- Mix potato juice with curd. Apply this mask for anti-aging, hydration and to reduce fine lines.
- Apply cucumber and potato juice on your face to lighten skin tone and to treat puffiness of the eyes.
- Apply potato juice with olive oil to remove crow’s feet, wrinkles and dark circles.
Potato juice acts as an inexpensive detox agent that helps to flush out the liver and gallbladder. In Japan, this juice is used to treat hepatitis.
3. Reduces Inflammation:
The Buddhist monk Master Tomizawa, uses fresh and raw potato juice for cancer treatment. Drink 1-2 glasses of potato juice every day to cure gastric ulcer, kidney disease, heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, cancer, liver disease, lumbago and sore shoulders.
[ Read: Black Radish Uses ]
5. Kidney disease:
Potato juice treats pancreatitis and kidney diseases. It is also useful to treat diabetes and high blood pressure. Potato Juice prevents the formation of calcium stones in your urinary tract.
6. Dry skin:
Dry skin may not respond to lotions or creams. To treat this, drink one glass of potato juice daily. It will protect your skin from the toxins in your body.
Potato juice is an excellent remedy for sciatica. It aids in building a strong and healthy body.
Potato Juice is a useful remedy to lower cholesterol and improve your health.
[ Read: Moringa Leaf ]
You can prepare a potato juice hair mask to grow your hair faster in a chemical-free way!
- Squeeze out potato juice
- Mix it with one egg white and little honey
- Apply it on your hair
- Leave it for 2 hours
- Wash off with a mild shampoo.
Potato juice is alkaline in nature and hence, soothes the GI tract, cures indigestion, and excess acidity. Gout is a horrible disorder caused by foods like beans and fats. Drink a glass of potato juice every day to heal gout and gastric ulcers.
[ Read: Benefits Of Ginger Tea ]
11. Cardiovascular disease:
Potato juice prevents cardiovascular diseases and cancer. It is used to cure heart attacks, artery blockage, tumors and cancer.
Include more potato in your daily diet to cure or prevent eczema. Potato juice reduces eczema and acne to give you clear skin.
13. Weight Loss:
Potato juice helps you to lose weight. Drink one cup of juice daily in the morning before breakfast and 2 -3 hours before going to bed. You can also mix it with other juices or honey.
Side effects of Potato Juice:
- Always use ripe, spot free, new sprout potatoes.
- Increase its taste by adding carrot juice or herbs like sage, nettle, and spirulina.
- Potato juice may lead to diarrhea in some cases.
- Avoid drinking this juice if you have stomach trouble.
[ Read: Grapefruit Oil ]
Hope you are now ready to tap the wonderful benefits of potato juice. Share your thoughts with us below.
- How To Make Onion Juice?
- 19 Amazing Benefits of Turnip Juice
- 10 Yummy Anti-Inflammatory Juice Recipes And Their Benefits For Your Health
- 5 Simple Steps To Make Bitter Gourd Juice For Diabetes
- 5 Healthy Vegetable Juices For Weight Loss
Chaga mushrooms, medically known as Inonotus obliquus, is actually a fungus that grows on birch trees and other trees in the forests of Eastern and Northern...>>
Nitric oxide - now that seems like a term straight out of our high school chemistry book! Nitric oxide, also known as nitrogen oxide or nitrogen monoxide, is basically a molecule...>>
“We have far more control over our health and the condition of our bodies than we ever thought possible.” ― Mike Rabe, The Fat Loss Guidebook: Proven...>>
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)