Rose – the beautiful flower from Mother Nature symbolises love. It is considered one of the best ways of expressing one’s love and affection. Roses invariably become a part of any surprises planned in our daily lives. But this gorgeous bud has much more to it than just adorning a bouquet or a garden.
The health benefits of a rose can be helpful to everyone. Rose bud, rose oil, rose water, all of these are really useful. Rose water especially is considered good when it comes to soothing eyes. With the work life stress on a rise, most people spend endless hours in front of a computer screen. The environmental pollution also plays havoc on our eyes. Taking good eye care is important. The healing properties of rose water make it ideal for eye care. So here is a post discussing the popular benefits of rose water for eyes.
1. Great anti-bacterial and anti-septic properties
The anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties found in rose water come handy in a lot of ways. It helps us protects from the dust, pollutants, redness, inflammation of eye and harmful ingredients of make up and beauty products. To use:
- Take two cotton balls
- Spray or dip cotton balls in ample rose water
- Place these over your eyes for 10-15 minutes to get the best benefits
2. Reduces stress and fatigue
Rose water makes for an excellent eye wash. It especially reduces stress and fatigue that one feels after sitting for long hours in front of computer and television screens. To use:
- Take some water
- Add a few drops of rose water to it
- Rinse your eyes well using this cotton pad.
3. Excellent eye drops for relaxation
Rose water also make for useful eye drops. To use:
- Put 2-3 drops of rose water in each eye
- Lie down in a comfortable position
- Relax for at least 10 minutes without opening your eyes.
- This helps relax and washes extra dirt present in the eyes.
4. Treats dark circles
Rose water is often considered a great remedy for reducing dark circles. To use:
- Spray a mixture of cold milk and rose water on a cotton ball
- Leave this on for at least 10 minutes on your eyes daily
- You will notice a visible change within 3 – 4 weeks.
Other Useful Tips:
Apart from the above-mentioned tips for eye care, remember:
- Never sleep with your eye makeup on
- Always use a good eye makeup remover before bed
- If you work for too long on computer, try and look away from the screen every 20 minutes. This gives a break to your eyes.
- Splash your eyes with cold water to release the tension and tiredness due to constant working on screen.
- Always wash your hands properly before wearing or taking off your contacts.
- Never wear contact lenses for more than 19 hours at a stretch.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes too much
- Look away a little farther from your screen and blink your eyes repeatedly. This should be done every 15-30 minutes. It helps release the tiredness.
- Eat foods that help improve eye sight. Vitamin A is good for eye health and vision.
- Use cucumber slices to soothe and cool eyes.
- Wear UV protectant sunglasses.
- Never read in poor light.
- Never look at bright light directly
- Do the exercises specially for eyes to relax them more
Eyes are one of the most beautiful creations and gift of god to humans. So preserve them well. Tell us how you take care of your eyes. Have you ever used rose water for eye care? Tell us how it helped by leaving your comments below.
- How Rose Water Can Help Treat Acne
- How To Make Rose Water
- Rose Water: History, How To Use and Benefits
- Rose Water For A Rosy Skin
- 10 Benefits Of Rosewater For Skin And 4 Ways To Use It
Latest posts by Bhaswati Sonowal (see all)
- Top 10 Skin Care Brands Available In India - February 12, 2013
- Top 10 Acne Control Products – 2018 Update - January 28, 2013
- 10 Best Anti Aging Products of 2018 Available in India - January 12, 2013
- 24 Simple Tips To Get Younger Looking Skin - December 22, 2012
- 8 Simple Curling Tips To Make Curls Last Longer - December 8, 2012