Almond is considered a ‘superfood’ due to the presence of a high amount of nutrients in it. It is the most nourishing nut available in the market and contains a wide range of vital elements like soluble and insoluble fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acid, omega-6 fatty acid, vitamin E, potassium, zinc, calcium, magnesium, and so on. According to nutritionists, these seeds should be soaked in water overnight, prior to consuming. It eliminates the toxic materials present in its coating, decomposes its gluten content and releases Phytic acid so that we can get the most out of the nuts. In this article, we are talking about how almonds soaked in water can benefit your health, skin and hair.
Benefits Of Soaked Almonds For Health:
The health benefits of soaked almonds are almost unlimited. Here, we have put together some of the most important medicinal values of this ‘wonder food’:
- Soaked almonds can make your food digestion smoother and faster by facilitating the entire digestive procedure. The external layer of the nut contains a certain enzyme inhibitor which, when steeped in water, is released due to the presence of moisture. It activates the seeds, makes them easily digestible and allows people to get the maximum nutrition. Soaked almonds also release the lipid-breaking enzyme ‘lipase’, which works on the fat present in the food and aids digestion.
- These are extremely beneficial for pregnant women. As the moisture increases the availability of the nutrients present in the nuts, they provide the ultimate nourishment and energy to both the would-be mother as well as the fetus. Furthermore, the folic acid content of the almonds makes the delivery of the baby trouble-free and helps the newborn stay away from any sort of birth-defect.
- Scientists have proved that the intake of 4 to 6 soaked almonds a day can serve the purpose of a brain tonic and boost the functionality of the Central Nervous System (CNS) to a great extent. Being full of essential fats, these can sharpen the memory and improve the intelligence of growing kids significantly.
- Almonds immersed in water can reduce your cholesterol levels to a great extent. Basically, they are loaded with Monounsaturated Fatty Acids (MUFA), which lower the amount of Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) or ‘bad cholesterol’ in your bloodstream. The vitamin E content of the nuts is also helpful in fighting against LDL and raising the level of High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) in the body.
- By keeping your cholesterol levels under control with soaked almonds, you can maintain the heart health. They are good sources of protein, potassium and magnesium, which are necessary for a healthy cardiovascular system. Apart from these, almonds are full of vitamin E which, being an antioxidant vitamin, combats several fatal heart diseases.
- Acute hypertension can also be treated by soaked almonds. The low sodium and high potassium content of the nuts can prevent your blood pressure from escalating. In addition, magnesium and folic acid present in the seeds are helpful in lowering the chances of artery congestion.
- Soaked almonds are a wonderful natural remedy for treating diabetes mellitus. They help to keep your blood sugar level under control and stay away from the daisies.
- There are very few chemical or organic compounds that can promote weight loss like soaked almonds. Being loaded with monounsaturated fat, they satisfy your craving for food and help you shed additional body weight.
- Those who suffer from chronic constipation can also benefit by consuming soaked almonds. The nut is full of insoluble fibers, which increase the amount of roughage in your body and help you get rid of the problem.
[ Read: Cherimoya Fruit ]
Benefits Of Soaked Almonds For Skin:
The regular consumption and the proper external application of soaked almonds can do wonders for your skin. Given below are some of their great beauty benefits:
- Soaked almonds can be mashed and applied to the skin as a natural moisturizer. If your skin is dry, you can mix some whipped cream with the almonds and use the mask every day. It would nourish your skin and hydrate it sufficiently. As a result, you will get a soft, supple and smooth skin.
- If you want to improve your skin tone and regain your lost glow, soaked almonds can help you a lot. It repairs the damaged skin tissues internally and accelerates the formation of new cells. Hence, the tone and texture of your skin are enhanced considerably.
- Aging can easily be prevented with soaked almonds. Vitamin E and other antioxidants present in these nuts can eliminate the harmful free radicals from your body. As a result, the aging process gets delayed and you remain younger-looking for a longer period.
- The paste of soaked almonds can be used as a natural scrub for the face as well as rest of the body. You can add milk, lemon, or honey to it and prepare different packs. These are very effective in exfoliating your skin and giving you a fresh, new look.
- Soaked almond paste can also be used to treat skin inflammation. Be it rashes or chapped skin, the soothing property of the seeds give you relief from itching and irritation quickly.
[ Read: Nigella benefits ]
Benefits Of Soaked Almonds For Hair:
Soaked almonds are not only beneficial for your health or skin, but if used in the right manner, they can also give us long and smooth tresses. The following are the benefits of this magical food for the hair:
- Soak a few almonds in water overnight, mash them the next morning and finally, prepare a hair mask by mixing a fair amount of olive oil with it. Apply it on your scalp and hair every day. It is a wonderful natural conditioner that can give you smooth and healthy hair.
- As mentioned earlier, almonds are highly nutritive. Therefore, eating soaked almonds or using its paste on the scalp can nourish your hair and make it stronger. It also repairs severe hair damage, reduces frequent hair fall and helps in the growth of new hair follicles.
- Soaked almonds also add shine and luster to your tresses. They work directly on the roots of hair.
So, include soaked almonds in your morning diet. Be beautiful! Don’t forget to leave a comment.
Latest posts by Nilankeeta Roy Chowdhury (see all)
- 10 Most Popular Vegetarian Restaurants In Pune - December 26, 2014
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Step Aerobics For Weight Loss - October 21, 2014
- 4 Steps To Use Mala Beads For Meditation - October 20, 2014
- Top 10 Herbal Cosmetic Brands Available In India - October 20, 2014
- Mahamudra Meditation – What Is It And What Are Its Benefits? - October 8, 2014