Yes, Popeye was absolutely correct! Spinach is indeed good for your health. Belonging to the same family as beets and kale, spinach not only tastes good but also gives your body the essential nutrients. What’s more, it works as a magical curing element for countless health issues.
Raw or unprocessed spinach is loaded with carotenes, amino acids, iron, iodine, potassium and magnesium, Vitamins A, C, K, E and B complex. The minerals found in this vegetable are alkaline in nature and helps balance the pH level in your body. As a matter of fact, you get the same amount of protein from a chunk of spinach as you would obtain from a morsel of meat. One of the ideal forms of consuming raw spinach is spinach juice and it has countless health benefits.
Benefits Of Spinach Juice
Spinach Juice – Health Benefits:
Spinach is a green leafy vegetable that’s full of vitamins and nutrients like potassium, magnesium, manganese, carotene and folic acid. The amount of iron in this vegetable is almost double the amount found in other vegetables like carrot or cabbage. When you cook this vegetable, you lose a lot of nutrients in this process. So, it’s always advisable to consume it raw, at least once in a day. By drinking a glass of spinach juice every day, you’ll benefit in the following ways:
1. The high nutrients content level in spinach helps in the creation of red blood cells and is an outstanding blood builder. So, you never become prone to anaemia.
2. Due to the high alkalinity of spinach, you get complete relief from rheumatoid arthritis.
3. Spinach clears out the tissues in your body and helps maintain the alkalinity level of your blood.
4. Loaded with Vitamin C, spinach juice helps cure bleeding gums.
6. Thanks to the presence of chlorophyll, flavonoids and lution found in spinach, it helps combat the formation of cancerous cells.
7. Fights vision problems like night blindness and cataract with the presence of vitamin A and caretonoids in it.
8. Since spinach is rich in fiber, it helps combat stomach problems like colitis, ulcers, poor digestion and constipation.
9. Fights osteoporosis since the Vitamin K present in spinach helps anchor calcium in your bones, assuring healthy and strong bones.
10. Combats high blood pressure.
11. Extremely beneficial for pregnant women, since it provides the essential nutrients needed by the developing fetus. Besides, it’ll also enhance the amount and quality of milk produced in the mother’s body.
[ Read: Red Cabbage Juice ]
Now that you’ve known the benefits, it’s quite amazing to think how raw spinach has so many dietary benefits. However, these benefits are not just limited to your body alone; it has several skin and hair benefits as well.
Spinach Juice – Skin Benefits
12. Your perfect skin care regimen:
As time passes by, your skin starts losing its shine, luster and softness. Over time, it starts developing wrinkles and dark patches as well. Instead of trying those anti-aging creams, skin tonics, masks and ointments, try a glass of spinach juice every day. High in antioxidants, spinach helps keep your skin supple and well hydrated. That way, you’ll be able to combat the damaging effects of time on your skin, and that too without using any chemicals. The vitamins and antioxidants present in spinach play a crucial role in the promotion of healthy and glowing skin.
[ Read: Pumpkin Seeds Benefits ]
Spinach juice – Hair benefits
13. Strong and problem-free hair:
Your hair forms an important part of your overall character and personality. If you have a thinning hair line or an itchy scalp, it might become a cause of social embarrassment for you. Instead of using chemical-based hair tonics and shampoos, consider consuming a glass of spinach juice daily. Since spinach is loaded with Vitamin B complex, it helps stimulate your hair growth and retains its luster as well.
[ Read: Side Effects of Black Tea ]
Are you amazed by the spinach juice benefits? Share with us in the comments section below.
- 23 Best Benefits and Uses Of Beetroot Juice For Skin, Hair and Health
- 15 Best Benefits and Uses Of Papaya Leaf Juice for Skin, Hair and Health
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits and Uses Of Garlic Juice
- 20 Best Benefits and Uses Of Cranberry Juice For Skin, Hair and Health
- 7 Amazing Benefits Of Lauki Juice For Weight Loss
Did You Find This Article Helpful?
Latest posts by Shruti Goenka (see all)
- Does Metformin Help You Lose Weight? - March 24, 2014
- Create Your Own Maybelline Makeup Kit With These 10 Amazing Products - March 18, 2014
- Top 5 Ayurvedic Products For Increasing Height - March 15, 2014
- 10 Pictures Of Emma Stone Without Makeup - March 15, 2014