Love eating fish? Do you enjoy the scrumptious and healthy taste of seafood? If the answer is yes, then you have to try tilapia fish. It is popularly consumed in countries such as the United States, India and the North African countries. Tilapia is harvested in chunks every year and is quite a popular dish these days. To learn more about tilapia, its health benefits and the interesting ways in which you can cook this, continue reading the post!
1. Good For Bones:
Tilapia fish is good for your bones. It contains minerals such as phosphorus that is needed for human health. Not only does it build strong bones but it also encourages the development of your body. Phosphorus is needed for the maintenance of the bones and nails. It will keep you strong and durable even during old age. Phosphorus may also prevent diseases such as osteoporosis that occurs when the mineral density of the bones is degraded.
2. Prevents Diseases Like Cancer:
Like several other kinds of fish, tilapia contains selenium in abundance. It contains antioxidants in abundance that fight cancer and heal you from heart-related diseases. Researchers have declared that selenium will not only reduce the radical activity inside the body but also make you less prone to oxidative stress. It also prevents the mutation of healthier cells into ones that are cancerous.
3. Good For The Brain:
Tilapia is also healthy for the brain. It contains both potassium and omega 3 acids in abundance that not only boost the brain power but also increase the neurological functions. The goodness of potassium helps in increasing the flow of oxygen towards the brain, which helps in balancing fluids throughout the body. Not only does it deposit nutrients into the system but allows the brain to think with clarity.
4. Favours The Heart:
Another health benefit of tilapia is that it takes good care of your heart. It is rich in omega 3 fatty acids that improve the cardiovascular system. According to a recent study, omega 3 can help you reduce high blood pressure and prevent diseases such as heart attacks, strokes and atherosclerosis. If you are worried about your heart health, tilapia would be the best kind of seafood for you.
5. Fights Ageing:
If you are worried about developing signs of ageing in the future, you need tilapia. It contains antioxidants along with Vitamin C and E that are good for the skin as they improve the complexion and makes it look more radiant and beautiful. Plus, it comes with selenium that helps your appearance and stops free radical damage. So, if you want to remove the common signs of ageing such as wrinkles, age spots and skin sagging, tilapia is highly recommended.
6. Weight Loss:
Tilapia can also help you lose weight. Like regular fish, it is very high in protein and very low in calories. It could be a great way to reduce the calorie intake that will also give your body all the nutrients it needs in order to function properly. Fish can also be used as a dietary option for those who are trying to get back into shape. You don’t have to go on a crash diet for this one!
7. For Thyroid Patients:
Tilapia is also good for thyroid patients. It contains selenium that plays an important role in the regulation of the thyroid gland and improves the hormonal functions as well. Regular functioning of the thyroid gland will make sure your metabolism is boosted.
8. Boosts Immunity:
A final benefit you can derive out of tilapia is that it boosts immunity. It will boost and improve the activity of the white blood cells which will protect the body against harmful substances and other foreign bodies.
Here are a couple of Tilapia recipes you should definitely try out!
1. Tilapia Tacos With Peaches:
Tilapia tacos with peaches are a popular lunch dish among most people these days. It is healthy, low in calories and a very light recipe.
- 2 cups of chopped peaches
- Half a cup of red onion
- 2 spoons of cilantro (chopped)
- One spoon of fresh lime juice
- Half a teaspoon of kosher salt
- One minced garlic clove
- Some red pepper
- Jalapeno pepper
- To prepare the salsa, combine the onion, cilantro, lemon juice, salt and ground red pepper in a bowl. Let it stay at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Place the fish on the baking sheet with some cooking spray.
- Let it bake for the next ten minutes.
- Heat the tortillas and serve fresh.
2. Cornmeal Crusted Tilapia Salad:
Cooking fish salad at home is now possible! This recipe takes little time and promises to taste heavenly.
- 4 to 6 corn tortillas
- Chilli powder
- Yellow corn meal
- Canola oil
- Tilapia fillets
- Red onion
- Lime juice
- Dijon mustard
- Mexican blend cheese
- Sprinkle the tortilla strips with some chilli powder and salt. Let it bake for ten minutes at 425 degrees.
- Use the measuring cup for the flour and combine it with cornmeal and chilli powder.
- Sprinkle the fish with some salt and dredge.
- Combine the juice, mustard and salt in another small bowl.
- Now let it whisk.
- Drizzle the mixture over lettuce and toss it.
- Place the salad mixture in four plates.
- Sprinkle some cheese.
- Add one fish fillet on each.
- Top it with tortilla strips.
So how did you like this post? Have you tried cooking tilapia fish earlier? Let us know by simply leaving a comment below!
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 6 Surprising Ways Salmon Can Benefit Your Health - September 2, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015