10 Best Benefits Of Tomato Juice For Skin, Hair And Health
Raw tomato juice is considered a super food in itself thanks to all the vitamins and minerals present in it. It is a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6, along with minerals like magnesium, iron and phosphorous. All these vitamins and minerals in turn have numerous known and scientifically proven beauty and health benefits. In short, a glass of tomato juice is all that you need to remain healthy and beautiful.
Tomato Juice Benefits
Here are some benefits of this red coloured magic potion:
1. As I mentioned, tomato juice is an abundant source of Vitamins A and C. These help in strengthening the immune system, improving vision and in preventing vision-related diseases. These vitamins also help in maintaining the health of your bones and teeth.
2. Drinking tomato juice can also help in the prevention of high cholesterol. It is rich in fiber which helps in breaking down LDL or bad cholesterol in the body. It also has niacin or Vitamin B3 that is known for stabilizing cholesterol.
3. Another big benefit of tomato juice is that it aids in weight loss. It keeps the body hydrated, while the low sodium and high fiber content in it ensure that the body doesn’t feel weak or hungry. It gives the body the required amount of nutrients and calories to ensure that the metabolic process in the body remains unaffected.
[ Read: Benefits of Mosambi Juice ]
4. One of the biggest problems that old people face is irregular bowel movement. The best solution available to counter this is tomato juice. The fiber in the tomato juice keeps the liver healthy, aids digestion, prevents constipation and thus, regulates and aids the bowel movement.
5. Tomato juice is rich in Vitamin B6 which is known to help the body to break down a compound called homocystene into other harmless molecules. Homocystene is a compound that damages blood vessel walls and causes various heart diseases.
6. Tomato juice has a detoxification effect on the body due to the presence of chlorine and sulfur. Our liver and kidneys are responsible for the detoxification of our body. Thus, for the body to remain healthy it is essential that these two organs remain in a healthy state. Natural chlorine helps the liver and kidneys to function properly, while sulphur protects them from any kind of infection. As tomato is abundant in both, to get rid of all the toxins in your body, all you need is a glass of tomato juice.
[ Read: Jackfruit Benefits ]
7. The red colour in tomatoes is due to a fat soluble antioxidant known as lycopene. Scientific studies have proved that lycopene protects the body against different types of cancer such as breast cancer, prostate cancer, colorectal cancer, lung cancer, coronary artery disease, pancreatic cancer and also atherosclerosis.
8. Tomato juice is full of antioxidants, so its application as well as consumption helps to get rid of the free radicals in the body, thus helping it to remain young and energetic. Instead of a cup of coffee, try drinking a glass of tomato juice to get that energy kick you crave for.
9. Tomato juice for skin has a lot of benefits. It helps in getting rid of tanning, counters discoloration of skin, helps in treating and preventing acne, shrinks open pores and regulates secretion of sebum in oily skin.
[ Read: Arugula Benefits ]
10. The vitamins and iron present in tomato juice help in preserving as well as adding shine to dull, damaged and lifeless hair. It also helps in getting rid of itchy scalp as well as dandruff. Just apply fresh tomato juice to your scalp and hair after you have washed it with shampoo and leave it in for 4- 5 minutes just like you let a conditioner sit on your hair. Rinse with cold water thereafter.
So what are waiting for? Grab those plump juicy tomatoes from your kitchen, juice them up and give yourself the chance to enjoy its benefits. The best thing about it is that drinking tomato juice on a regular basis has no side effects even if it’s consumed in a large quantity. But completely avoid it in case you have high uric acid levels as tomatoes aggravate it.
Stay fit, stay healthy!Share on Facebook Share on Pinterest