In India where natural and herbal remedies are often preferred to chemical and synthetic products, most people know the importance of the humble Amla fruit for its multiple benefits when used for hair treatments. Phyllanthus emblica, commonly known as the Indian gooseberry or Amla in Hindi is an active ingredient in traditional Indian medicine. Ongoing research into this humble fruit has revealed many potential health benefits; however, let’s have a look at the significance of Amla for hair treatments. A common ingredient in a vast range of hair oils and shampoos in this country, it’s not uncommon to come across cheap fake products that promise the goodness of Amla but don’t deliver. So if you are looking to put to use the goodness of Amla to strengthen and nourish your hair, this article is worth reading.
Let’s take a look at the top ten Amla shampoos available in the market or your nearest drugstore.
Top Ten Best Amla Shampoos:
1. Khadi Herbal Amla and Bhringraj Shampoo:
This herbal product contains not only as the name suggests amla and bhringraj but also other active ingredients such as sesame oil, henna, reetha, neem extracts, glycerin and kali. It removes impurities from your scalp with its neem extracts and also effectively promotes growth and shine with its Amla and Bhringraj extracts. Ideal for maintaining long and thick hair, this product is perfect for daily hair care.
Price: 95 INR for 210 ml
2. Vaadi Herbals Amla Shampoo with Shikhakai and Reetha:
A purely natural product from the popular Vaadi brand, this amla herbal shampoo is cost friendly and effective. This product effectively provides the nourishment your hair needs which in turn results in consistent hair growth and strength. The shikakai extracts present active as a natural conditioner and reetha is deep foaming cleanser.
Price: 40 INR for 100 ml
3. Lotus Herbals Kera-Veda Shikakai and Amla Shampoo:
Made with an ayurvedic formula, this product though pricy is well worth your money. It’s hard to ignore the Lotus Herbals brand while contemplating purchasing a natural beauty and hair product and that’s for good reason as Lotus Herbals are known for their quality and effectiveness. Purchase this product to indulge in the best of Amla’s natural goodness for your hair.
Price: 175 INR for 200 ml
4. Garnier Fructis Goodbye Damage Shampoo:
Price: 120 INR for 175 ml
5. Just Herbs 8-in-1 Root Nourishing Amla Neem Shampoo:
This formula using eight essential herbs in one best amla shampoo is a breakthrough by the Just Herbs brand. Combining the goodness of eight herbs including amla, neem, hibiscus, wheatgerm oil and soy lecithin, this shampoo works wonders for promoting growth and strength and darkening the hair thus effectively preventing premature greys.
Price: 225 INR for 100 ml
6. Vaadi Amla Shikakai Shampoo – Hair Fall & Damage Control:
Another product from the Vaadi brand in a combination of amla and shikakai, this product effectively combats hair fall and soothes damaged hair to give way to stronger and consistent hair growth.
Price: 155 INR for 350 ml
[ Read: Nizoral Shampoo For Hairloss ]
7. Nirogam Herbal Shampoo with Neem & Amla:
Price: 200 INR for 100 ml
8. Ayur Herbal Amla Shampoo:
Price: 120 INR for 500 ml
9. Sunsilk Stunning Black Shine:
Price: 184 INR for 400 ml
[ Read: Avon Shampoos ]
10. Dabur Vatika Black Shine Shampoo with Black Olives Amla and Almonds:
Last but not the least on the list, this product from the popular Dabur brand provides the goodness of amla, black olives and almonds all packed into one. Amla helps strengthen your hair and promote growth, while the black olive and almond oil extracts nourish the hair.
Price: 47 INR for 100 ml
So which amla shampoo is your favourite? Shoot us a comment!
Latest posts by Shruti Goenka (see all)
- Create Your Own Maybelline Makeup Kit With These 10 Amazing Products - March 18, 2014
- Top 5 Ayurvedic Products For Increasing Height – Works Wonders - March 15, 2014
- 10 Pictures Of Emma Stone Without Makeup - March 15, 2014
- 6 Main Causes Of Hair Loss In Children - March 15, 2014
- 10 Diseases Caused By Nutritional Deficiencies - March 14, 2014