Glowing skin is the mark of a healthy person. We all strive to attain this healthy glow but due to our busy schedules. we sometimes tend to neglect this. Also smoking, drinking and unhealthy snacking results in various skin problems and dull skin.
But we can help to reverse these external bad effects. Consuming healthy food helps in keeping the skin fresh and glowing by reversing the adverse effects of environment and our lifestyle. Here is a simple plan on healthy diet for glowing skin which can make your skin glow with a healthy shine.
[ Read; Diet ]
Diet for glowing skin
Read out these diet tips for glowing skin and try to include them strictly in your daily diet routine.
Breakfast is a very important meal of our routine. Morning diet needs a good mix of foods and nutrients so that we can be active throughout the day. So it is advised that you always have a good breakfast. Some believe skipping will reduce the weight but that is not true.
Start your day at 8.30-9.30
- Have a glass of milk (180-200ml)
- Have some cereals (Cornflakes, Muesli, Poha, Bread)
- Have a portion of protein too (Egg whites, Sprouts, Cottage Cheese or Chicken)
[ Read: Pomegranate ]
How about a cheese grilled sandwich?
This is quite easy to make. Here’s what you will need: two slices of bread (preferably brown bread) , some capsicum slices, some tomato slices, some onion rings, some olive oil, a boiled egg/chicken pieces(leftovers from last night should be fine; just soak them in warm water and remove any spices which it may have or you can also take fresh chicken pieces)/ cottage cheese / any vegetables you like (in case you want a vegetable grilled sandwich), a little bit of low fat cheese slice, chaat masala, pudina chutney, ketchup.
- Take one bread slice and spread some capsicum, onion, tomatoes and cucumber.
- Place the chicken/cottage cheese/vegetable filling/boiled egg over it. In case of the chicken/cottage cheese sandwich I suggest to just stir it in the pan with some spices like red chilli powder, a pinch of turmeric, some garam masala and salt.
- Use olive oil for stirring. Place the stirred items on a blotting sheet and blot the excess oils. Place them on the veggies.
- For the egg sandwich cut the egg in slices and place on the veggies.
- On the other slice, rub some tomato pudina chutni and follow up with ketchup. Now before placing this on the other piece, quickly sprinkle some Chaat masala on the chicken/egg/cottage cheese and top it up with a cheese slice.
- Grill it on both sides and have it while it’s hot.
[ Read: Get Glowing Skin In 7 Days ]
Mid day Snack: 11-12pm
- Have some beverage like lassi, buttermilk, coconut water or lemon water
- Have a whole fruit or a fruit salad if you are very hungry
Lunch is an important meal too so there should be a balance of food in it.
- Have a portion Of Cereal like Chapati/Roti or a bowl of rice (Brown Rice)
- Vegetables: A vegetable salad or a simple vegetable preparation using fresh green vegetables is great for the body as well as your skin
- Proteins like Dal/ Fish/ Chicken/ Egg is also necessary
- A portion of curd
Evening Snack: 5.30-6.30pm
- Some milk/ tea
- 2 biscuits
- 1 portion of Cereal like Roti/ Rice
- 1 Portion of protein like Dal/ Chicken/Eggs/ Fish etc
- 1 potion of vegetables either in a salad or in the form of a preparation.
[ Read: Ways To Make Skin Glow Overnight ]
This glowing skin diet plan is great for achieving a healthy and glowing skin . Also we like to mention some additional items for achieving glowing skin:
- Include protein rich food like Fish/ Chicken/ Eggs
- Have leafy Veggies like beans, sprouts, broccoli, celery, spinach etc
- Have green tea instead or regular black tea
- Have food items like berries, pomegranate, carrots, cucumbers, citrus fruits
- Peach juice, watermelon juice is great for skin
- Do some healthy exercises like yoga to keep the body healthy from within. This is a perfect addition to that clear skin diet that you have devised!
[ Read: The ABS Diet ]
Hope these tips help you in getting perfect glowing skin. So, are you going to follow this best diet for glowing skin. Do leave us your comments.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Shabby (see all)
- Comedonal Acne – What Is It And 5 Ways To Control It - March 18, 2014
- 16 Best Pongal Kolam Designs That You Should Try - February 20, 2014
- Top 25 Most Beautiful Athapookalam Designs - November 11, 2013
- 11 Different Types Of Acne And How To Identify Them? - November 8, 2013