If you thought life’s turning dull and you haven’t had any hair-raising adventures lately, think again because all it takes is a frizz attack to have a really bad hair-raising experience, quite literally.
Coarse and frizzy hair can make every day a bad hair day. Before your hair turns into a mess, take immediate action and try these products. They smooth your hair and make it sleek and glossy.
Top 10 Drugstore Hair Smoothing Products
- Matrix Vavoom Smooth Me Smoothing Gel
- Aveda Smooth Infusion Nourishing Styling Creme
- Redken Frizz Dismiss Smooth Force
- Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz Smoothing Balm
- Wella Professionals EIMI Anti-Frizz Smoothing Balm
- The Body Shop Brazil Nut Styling Cream
- Lush Cosmetics R&B Hair Moisturizer
- 100 % Pure Pro-Vitamin B5 Smoothing Hair Serum
- Alba Botanica Hawaiian Anti-Frizz Serum
- Pureology Intense Smoothing Hair Cream
1. Matrix Vavoom Smooth Me Smoothing Gel
Matrix Vavoom Smooth Me Smoothing Gel smooths unruly waves and adds shine to the hair. It seals split ends and enhances the overall look and feel of the hair. It is perfect for controlling frizz and curls.
- Light on hair
- Drab packaging
$45.99* for 8.5 ounces
2. Aveda Smooth Infusion Nourishing Styling Creme
Aveda Smooth Infusion Nourishing Styling Creme conditions hair and controls frizz effectively. It smooths coarse and unhealthy hair.
The smoothing product protects your hair from humidity. It contains plant butters that condition the hair and nourish it.
- Long lasting
- Helps untangle hair easily
- Feels heavy on fine hair
- The flip opener is rigid.
$27.50* for 8.5 ounces
3. Redken Frizz Dismiss Smooth Force
Redken Frizz Dismiss Smooth Force protects your tresses from humidity and makes them easy to manage.
The smoothing product retains and locks moisture in the hair. It contains Brazilian oil that helps control flyaway hair.
- Hygienic packaging
- Protects hair from the ill effects of heat styling
- Delicate nozzle
$16.12* for 5 ounces
4. Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz Smoothing Balm
Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz Smoothing Balm turns your hair smooth and sleek in no time. It has a heat-activated mechanism that tames unruly hair quite easily.
The smoothing product strengthens hair strands and resists humidity. It contains bamboo extracts, which make hair healthy and resilient.
- Lasts up to 72 hours
- Contains silicone
- Tends to dry hair
$7.14* for 5 fluid ounces
5. Wella Professionals EIMI Anti-Frizz Smoothing Balm
Wella Professionals EIMI Anti-Frizz Smoothing Balm increases the hair’s flexibility and adds bounce and movement to it.
The smoothing product protects your hair from dehydration and makes it soft and manageable. It is an effective pre-styling protection cream.
- Spreads easily on hair
- Improves the hair’s quality
- Slightly sticky
- Subtle fragrance
$10.50* for 3.38 ounces
6. The Body Shop Brazil Nut Styling Cream
The Body Shop Brazil Nut Styling Cream works well on curly and wavy hair. It conditions hair and tames frizz.
The smoothing product protects your hair from heat styling and makes it silky smooth. It contains Brazil nut oil that nourishes hair and controls flyaways.
- Pleasant nutty fragrance
- Feels slightly heavy on hair
- Can get oily
$14.99* for 3.3 ounces
7. Lush Cosmetics R&B Hair Moisturizer
Lush Cosmetics R&B Hair Moisturizer controls frizzy and flyaway hair and conditions your locks.
The smoothing product contains olive oil, organic avocado butter, and coconut oil, which are excellent ingredients for smoothing your hair.
- Amazing fragrance
- Tub packaging is inconvenient to use.
$37* for 3.5 ounces
8. 100% Pure Pro-Vitamin B5 Smoothing Hair Serum
100% Pure Pro-Vitamin B5 Smoothing Hair Serum makes your hair soft, smooth, and manageable, and adds shine to the hair.
The smoothing product contains Vitamin E and Pro-Vitamin B5. The product locks moisture in your hair and makes it luscious.
- Reduces split ends
- Not available in a bigger size
$35.00* for 1.35 ounces
9. Alba Botanica Hawaiian Anti-Frizz Serum
Alba Botanica Hawaiian Anti-Frizz Serum gives hair a sleek and polished look. It calms the hair cuticles and protects them from humidity.
The smoothing product contains argan oil and plant-sourced keratin that smooth hair and control frizz.
- Sulphate free
- Does not work on overprocessed hair
- Unappealing smell
$6.29* for 2 ounces
10. Pureology Intense Smoothing Hair Cream
Pureology Intense Smoothing Hair Cream smoothes coarse hair and adds flexibility to it. It calms the hair and holds it in place. The hair smoothing product makes blow-drying easy. It also nourishes and strengthens the hair.
- Works well for color-treated hair
- Feels heavy on hair
- Bad texture
$28.00* for 6.8 fluid ounces
*Prices may vary
Hair can make or break your look. Frizz, dryness, and dullness are a big no-no, and you need to get rid of these issues as fast as you can. The hair smoothing products mentioned above are perfect for setting your hair right, and you need to start using them now.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
How often can I use hair smoothing products?
You can use hair smoothing products whenever your hair needs them whether it is to control frizz, hold hairstyles or calm stressed hair. Re-apply the product whenever necessary.
Can I use hair smoothing products on damp hair?
Yes, it is okay to use hair smoothing products on damp hair that is washed and clean.
Latest posts by Ramya Achanta (see all)
- Best 10 Cleansing Oils For The Face That You Need To Try - December 27, 2017
- Best Waist Trainers For A Great Body – Our Top 10 - December 20, 2017
- Best Butt Enhancement Creams For A Shapely Body – Our Top 10 - December 5, 2017
- Top 10 Protein Powders For Women - November 29, 2017
- Best In-Shower Body Lotions – Our Top 12 - November 27, 2017