Everyone wants to look young for longer. There is no question about that. However, what is questioned is how to remove fine lines and wrinkles from your face or other parts of your body.
Let’s just talk about laugh lines. The kind that usually show up on your faces; there are many natural treatments and facial exercises to remove laugh lines. Would you like to know them? Read on and find out!
How To Get Rid of Laugh Lines – Top 3 Exercises:
Exercise 1: Strengthen The Orbicularis Oris:
- Using your index fingers, hook the corners of your mouth and gently pull towards the sides.
- Don’t overdo the stretch; only around ¼ inches.
- Hold this position for a few seconds. Now work on the opposite side.
- Draw the corners of your mouth toward each other, resisting the movement using your index fingers again.
- Relax and repeat the exercise 25 times.
[ Read: Yoga Exercises For Slimming Your Face ]
How Does It Work?
The orbicularis oris muscle is quite necessary and helps ensure that the overlying skin is adequately supported to prevent sagging.
Exercise 2: Resistance Smiles:
- This exercise is also a great cure for preventing laugh lines. Perform the exercise by placing your fingers firmly over your laugh lines.
- Proceed to smile as widely as you can with your lips separated.
- Hold this position for five seconds. Relax and repeat the exercise 30 times.
How Does It Work?
The exercise helps strengthen your cheek muscles and minimizes skin creases. It also helps lift skin, preventing further creases around the mouth.
Exercise 3: Thumbs Next To Eyes:
- This exercise has been rated as one of the most effective. According to Carolyn’s Facial Fitness, placing your thumbs near your eye corners, with your fingers resting on the top of your head, helps visibly reduce laugh lines.
- To perform this exercise, close your eyes and slide your thumbs away from your eyes toward your temples.
- Hold this position for around 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
How Does It Work?
The exercise helps draw the corners of your eyes outward, which helps combat the effect that laughing causes; when your cheeks naturally push up and the skin around your eyes wrinkles.
[ Read: Home Remedies For Wrinkle Free Skin ]
Apart from these laugh line exercises, there are certain other steps you can take for reducing laugh lines around your mouth.
1. Avoid The Sun:
This is probably oone of the best way to combat the growth of wrinkles and creases around the mouth. When you limit your exposure to the sun; you not only avoid the chance of getting wrinkles and sagging skin, but also can reduce smile lines. Wear a hat to avoid sun exposure or use a sunscreen (1).
Antioxidants treat all kinds of ailments from cancer to other diseases. They also have many potential benefits for the skin. They are active anti-aging agents, which prevent the growth of wrinkles around the mouth. Antioxidant-rich diets, which consist of vitamin C, along with many fruits and veggies help keep your skin healthy and elastic longer (2).
[ Read: Anti Aging Facial Exercises ]
3. Drink Water:
One of the best ways to prevent wrinkles is drinking lots of water. Water helps hydrate the skin and makes the skin suppler and more elastic. Drinking 8-10 glasses of water every day can make you look younger longer. Drinking water slows the development of fresh wrinkles around your mouth (3).
4. Consuming Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
By consuming omega-3s, you ensure that you will keep looking young for long. This is because fatty fish and fish oil supplements help prevent wrinkle formation and creases around the mouth and upper lips. Fish oil is crammed with omega-3 fatty acids, which decrease skin damage like wrinkles around the eyes, mouth and laugh lines (4).
These exercises and other diet changes will help you prevent those irksome laugh lines. Now that you know how to get rid of laugh lines, let us know if you’ll try these home-based remedies and simple exercises today. Tell us about any other foods or exercises that you use for preventing skin wrinkles here. Leave a comment below.
- 15 Best Exercises To Reduce Double Chin
- 5 Best Anti Aging Facial Exercises
- Bleeding Lips – How To Reduce The Fine Lines?
- How To Use Almond Oil To Reduce Dark Circles?
Latest posts by Ameya C (see all)
- 8 Facts About Washing Hands That You Don’t Want To Ignore - February 23, 2016
- 5 Best Yoga Asanas For Strong Feet - September 1, 2015
- 10 Best Essential Oils To Treat Hemorrhoids - July 23, 2015
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil Bath - June 12, 2015
- What Is Coachella Diet? - June 10, 2015