Best Foundation For Asian Skin Tone
A strong base is a must for a brilliant outcome.
This applies to eveyrthing, makeup too. You may be adept with makeup, but unless your foundation is right it won’t really look good. A foundation is what sets your makeup base. It is very important that the foundation you are wearing matches your skin tone. It should look very natural on your skin without giving it a cakey or masked look.
Understanding the Asian skin tone
Asian skin tones are varied in the sense that there is a big range of skin tones to work with.
- Most Asian skin tones accentuate a strong yellow undertone. For those of you who have a yellow undertone to your skin tone, you should look out for a foundation with a yellow base.
- Along with the base, another thing you need to keep in mind is the complexion. Understand whether the skin tone has cooler tones or warmer tones or has a combination of both. Cooler tones will typically have a light pinkish or pale undertone while warmer tones will have more of a tan, olive or brown undertone to it.
- Finding a perfect shade match foundation for an Asian skin tone can be quite tricky. In many instances, you may not even be able to find the perfect match. The trick here is to mix and match two different shades and make the foundation shade that is perfect for your skin tone.
An important thing to remember is to buy the foundation in real time. This means that instead of opting to buy something online, you need to first check it out on yourself and then go for it. What looks a perfect match in a product image may look quite the opposite on your skin.
Here are a few tips that will help you pick a shade that is closer to your original skin tone
- The best way to look for the right foundation is to visit a beauty counter. Here you can find foundations from a wide variety of brands. These also have a vast shade selection to choose from.
- Try out the brands and shades that seem to be matching your skin tone.
- Alternatively, you can try to mix 2 or 3 shades and form a shade which is an exact or closet match to your skin tone.
- Try applying foundation at your jaw line instead of at the back of your palm. The jaw line is considered to be the best part to test your foundation.
- While testing the foundation, remember to blend it in such a way that it completely disappears into your skin tone. This will give you an idea of how it will look upon wearing.
- Too dark or light shades can make you look dark or ghostly pale. The best option is to stick to the more natural shades. Try to mix darker and lighter shades to create a perfect natural shade that is closer to your skin tone.
- Mineral makeup is also a good product that works great on Asian Skin tones.
Some of the brands in which you can find the best foundations for Asian skin tones are:
- Bobbi Brown
- Bare Essentials
Before you make up your mind, make sure you follow the tips below while buying:
1. Check the foundation shade in day light. The lighting in the store can have a different effect on the shade as compared to day light. This can end up making you pick the wrong shade. Dot a bit on your jaw line and step out of the store. Check it in a compact mirror. You will have a much clearer understanding of the shade.
2. Dab the shade on your bare lips. If it has a washed out look on you, then it is probably the wrong shade for you.
These simple tips are useful in making sure that you have the closest match when it comes to your foundation. Try these out and do share any other tips you may have. Comment below and we will know!
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)