Picking out a new hair color can be a daunting task. There being so many colors and shades to choose from, how do you pick the right one? It is when you are struck by this question that considering the color of your eyes and skin comes in handy.
Hazel is one of the most versatile eye colors. One of the things that make hazel eyes so versatile is the combination of gold, green, and brown present in it, which makes it complement a myriad of hair colors.
Choosing a color becomes an easy task when you consider the tone of your skin and the tones in your eyes that need to be highlighted. Below, we have put together a guide for choosing the right hair color, keeping your skin tone in mind, to go with your hazel eyes.
What Are The Best Hair Colors For Hazel Eyes
Choosing the best hair color to go with your hazel eyes comes down to two major factors – the undertones in your eyes, and the undertones in your skin. While the first is easy to determine, the latter takes a bit more of an effort.
Hazel eyes can be divided into two broad categories – hazel-green eyes and hazel-brown eyes. The difference that this makes when it comes to picking hair colors is that eyes with a green tint are better at pulling off cool shades like platinum blonde and ash brown, while warm, brown-tinted eyes look best with rich yellow, red, and brown based colors.
Determining your skin tone, on the other hand, is a bit more complicated. The easiest way to do it is by looking at your wrists while you are out in the sun. Look at your veins to see what color they are. If they seem to be blue or purple, you are cool-toned, whereas if they appear to be green, you are warm-toned. If you cannot tell whether they are blue or green, it is possible that you have a neutral skin tone. Neutral skin tone is also referred to as olive skin.
Considering these two factors, follow the guide below to pick the best hair color for you.
Hair Color Ideas For Hazel Eyes And Different Skin Tones
- Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Fair Warm-Toned Skin
- Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Fair Cool-Toned Skin
- Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Olive Skin Tone
- Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Cool-Toned Tan Skin
- Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Warm-Toned Tan Skin
1. Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Fair Warm-Toned Skin
If you have fair skin, the undertones in your skin determine what hair colors are likely to look good on you. Those with a warm skin tone like Mila Kunis cannot go wrong with rich yellow or red-based colors. Many different light and dark shades of hair color look good on people with hazel eyes and fair skin.
Hair Color Ideas For Hazel Eyes With Fair Warm-Toned Skin
- When it comes to shades of brown, warm skin tones look fabulous in rich chocolate and chestnut browns. However, brown hair can subdue the green flecks in your eyes.
- For red-based colors, a dark mahogany is likely to be your best bet. Burgundy with a hint of berry is also a great color option that complements the green in your eyes.
- While it is recommended to stay within a couple of shades of your natural hair color, light hair colors like rich golden blondes complement hazel eyes and fair skin extremely well.
What Hair Colors Should You Avoid
- Ash browns can make you skin look washed out and are best avoided.
- Avoid cool colors like platinum blonde.
- Blue or green-based colors do not pair well with warm skin.
- Black is best avoided on women with fair warm-toned skin.
2. Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Fair Cool-Toned Skin
Pink undertones in your skin are a dead giveaway for cool-toned skin. This, in combination with hazel eyes, can let you pull off many different hair colors. The best thing about this skin tone is that shades from the lightest blonde to the darkest black tend to look amazing.
Hair Color Ideas For Hazel Eyes With Fair Cool-Toned Skin
Write about what colors are best suited for hazel eyes and fair skin, explaining each in detail.
- Black is an excellent option for fair women with cool-toned skin and hazel eyes. The dark color creates a beautiful contrast, bringing out the green and gold flecks in your eyes.
- Brondes, ash browns, and hazelnut browns complement a cool skin tone and bring out the golden flecks in your eyes. Browns darker than chocolate bring out the green flecks.
- Light buttery blondes, platinum blonde, white blondes, and cool silver tones are colors that are best pulled off by fair cool-toned women. These light colors also emphasize the green in your eyes.
- For bold colors, blue and green bases work well.
What Hair Colors To Avoid
- Red-based colors are best avoided if you have cool skin as they can make your face look blotchy.
- Rich golden blondes, strawberry blonde, and shades of orange do not work with this skin tone.
- Gold-based browns do not go well with cool skin tones.
3. Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Olive Skin Tone
Lucky you, if you are olive skin toned. Not only do you have the most coveted eye color, but your skin tone can practically pull off any hair color! Olive skin is also referred to as the neutral skin tone which can pair well with practically anything. Blondes, browns, blacks, or blues – it’s all a go.
Hair Color Ideas For Hazel Eyes With Olive Skin
- Golden blonde, or light platinum blonde. Both warm and cool toned blonde colors look great on olive skin. Choose the lighter shades if you want to highlight the green in your eyes, and warm ones to highlight the gold.
- It is likely that you are naturally a brunette. When choosing a brown, it’s a good idea to stay within a few shades of your natural hair color to get the best results. Darker browns can bring out the green in your eyes.
- Almost all shades of red, bright or deep, look beautiful on olive skin. They also create a beautiful contrast with the green in your hazel eyes.
- Black is also a great option for women with olive skin.
What Hair Colors To Avoid
- Avoid orange based colors, as these can be too close to your skin tone.
- Certain ashy browns and blondes can make your face look washed out.
4. Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Cool-Toned Tan Skin
Hazel eyes tend to stand out most on dark skin, and it’s only natural to want a hair color that complements this beautiful combination. Cool-toned dark skin pairs well with a number of hair colors that complement hazel eyes.
Hair Color Ideas For Hazel Eyes With Cool-Toned Tan Skin
- Yellow-based colors like rich blondes and blondes look amazing on tan cool-toned skin.
- Dark browns with yellow-based highlights work well in bringing out the gold and green flecks in your eyes.
- Purple and blue based colors look amazing on this skin color. Burgundy works best if you want to highlight your hazel eyes.
- Black hair with a yellow, or red-based ombre also looks excellent.
What Hair Colors To Avoid
- It is best to avoid hair colors with an orange base.
- Browns that are too close to your skin color can blend in and look unappealing.
5. Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Warm-Toned Tan Skin
It’s common to be warm-toned when you have tan skin. Your skin has yellow undertones, and your hazel eyes are likely a hazel-brown. This combination makes the ultimate base for warm toned hair colors.
Hair Color Ideas For Hazel Eyes With Pink Skin
- Red and berry tones look amazing on women with tan warm-toned skin. These colors also bring out the gold in your eyes.
- Golden and caramel blondes that are much lighter than your skin tone also look great.
- Warm-toned tan skin is one of the very few complexions that orange-based colors look good on.
- Opting for a rich, warm brown with highlights is also a great idea.
What Hair Colors To Avoid
- Platinum and buttery blondes are a big no-no. They create an undesirable contrast with your skin tone.
- Blue and purple-based colors can make your skin look washed out.
There you have it, the complete guide on how to choose the right hair color for your hazel eyes, depending on your skin tone. With this information at hand, there is no way that the color you choose won’t look good on you.
What do you have in store for your hair? Let us know in the comments section below.
- How To Pick The Right Hair Color For Your Skin Tone
- Best Hair Color For Green Eyes With Different Skin Tones
- Temporary Hair Colour – What Is It, How Does It Work, Benefits And Drawbacks?
Latest posts by Meenal Rajapet (see all)
- 10 Best Ear And Nose Hair Trimmers – 2018 - January 30, 2018
- Lice Vs. Dandruff – How Do I Know If I Have Nits Or The Flakes? - January 23, 2018
- 15 Best Hair Dryers to Buy In 2018 – Top Rated Hair Dryer Reviews - January 23, 2018
- BBLUNT Salon Secret High Shine Crème Hair Colour Review - December 19, 2017
- Melblok Review – The Wonder Pigmentation Cream For Bright, Clear Skin! - December 6, 2017