Come rainy season, and it brings with it so much joy. But who can ignore the challenges it brings forth too? While you enjoy your rain-drenched evenings and monsoon-special snacks, the humid climate takes a toll on your hair. Your hair needs special care during the monsoons.
While most women crib about dull and frizzy hair. Hair fall and dandruff becomes a regular issue at this time of the year. To combat these, a simple hair care routine is all you need. But you must know the dos and don’ts to minimize further damage, agreed? So, here you go some simple tips to manage your luscious locks during the monsoons!
Hair Care Regimen For Monsoons
1. Conditioner Is A Must After Shampoo
During the monsoons, your mane stays humid all the time, especially if you have curls. Regular use of shampoo and conditioner is the best way to control this. It is best advised to use a frizz-control shampoo and conditioner. Try Toni and Guy Frizz Smoothing shampoo and conditioner (it is always better to use hair products from the same range for best results).
2. Hair Serum For Lustrous, Frizz-Free Hair
Hair serums control frizz, flyaways and add shine to hair. In short, it makes your hair way more manageable. It is important to use a serum with light consistency to avoid hair from weighing down. You can try Garnier Fructis Smoothing Serum-Silky Straight for satisfying results.
3. Hair Masks For Nourishment
Due to humidity and frequent washing, our hair tends to lose it vital nutrients. Hair masks come to the rescue in such situations. Prepare homemade nourishing hair masks for best results. Clueless? Fret not, here’s some help.
How To Prepare Hair Mask At Home?
- Mash half or full banana (depending on your hair length)
- Add one tablespoon honey
- One teaspoon almond oil
- Mix all ingredients well
- Apply the mask to your hair shafts and leave it on for half an hour
- Wrap a moist hot towel around hair for nutrients to penetrate deeper
- Wash your hair well using shampoo, followed by a conditioner
4. Hair Oils For Deep Conditioning
Due to excess humidity during monsoons, our hair tends to stay frizzy and damp all the time. Deep oil conditioning is a great remedy for tackling your hair problems. For a good hair oil conditioning:
- Take coconut, olive oil or any other oil you prefer
- Warm the oil a little
- Apply some warm oil to your hair and scalp
- Leave it on for an hour before taking a shower. This will ensure frizz-free hair even after you shampoo
Tips For Stronger And Healthier Hair
- Always use a wide-toothed comb to untangle your hair. This will prevent split ends and breakage. This is particularly if you have wavy and curly hair.
- Drink extra water to keep your hair well-hydrated and nourished. This will control hair fall and damage.
- Add protein-rich foods like carrots, eggs, dairy products, green vegetables to your diet. Proteins play a significant role in making your hair stronger.
When the rain god showers his benevolence, don’t let your hair act as a rebel. Tell us about your monsoon hair care routine and leave your comments below. And soak in the goodness of monsoon!
Latest posts by Ritu Rajput (see all)
- Tips To Sport The Best Makeup For Camera Lights(Test Manu) - September 5, 2015
- How To Make Your Own Perfume? - July 21, 2013
- 4 Ways For Effective Skin Spots Treatment - July 18, 2013
- Best Hair Styling Products In the Market - July 11, 2013
- Best Loreal Hair Spas Availlable In India – Our Top 5 - July 9, 2013