Cold can sometimes turn terrible, right? And especially when you catch a cold in summers, you will have to stay away from all those ice creams or soft drinks that you can enjoy the most only in summers. So what can you do when you contract common cold in summers? How to cure a summer cold? Is going to the doctor and shelling money the only option?
Well, no. There is a better alternative, and that is to make use of some amazing home remedies that are both inexpensive and highly effective.
Want to know the effective home remedies for cold in summer? Then sit back and give this post a read!
Garlic is anti-bacterial and anti-viral. It also helps boost your immune system and flushes out toxins from your body. You can consume garlic in several ways to heal your common cold.
- Take 1 clove of garlic. Add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Drink the liquid every day.
- Continue till the symptoms of common cold subside.
- Boil a few cloves of garlic in hot water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Drink the juice two to three times a day.
Honey has nutrients that kill bacteria and virus that cause the common cold. Here is how you can consume honey:
- Take 2 teaspoons of honey. Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to it. Drink this syrup 2 to 3 times a day.
- You can also consume a spoonful of honey.
3. Spice Tea:
Spice tea works as an effective home remedy for summer cold.
- Take 1/4 cup of coriander seeds, ¼ cup of fenugreek seeds, ½ tablespoon of cumin seeds and ½ tablespoon of fennel seeds (1), (2), (3). Roast all of these.
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Add 1 and ½ tablespoons of this dry mixture to the boiling water.
- Also add rock candy (1 and ½ teaspoons).
- Let the new mixture heat on the stove for 4 to 5 minutes.
- After the drink boils, use a strainer to filter out the particles.
- Drink it till your common cold heals.
[ Read: Effective Remedies To Treat Dry Nose ]
Ginger has anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties.
- You can consume raw ginger. Or drink ginger tea 2 to 3 times a day. You may also add honey to the tea.
- Make a paste out of ginger, salt and clove.
- Consume ½ teaspoon of the paste two times a day.
5. Chicken Soup:
Chicken soup has nutrients and vitamins to treat the common cold. It also serves as an antioxidant to accelerate the healing process.
- Make a thick soup of vegetables and chicken.
- Drink it at least twice a day.
6. Red Onion:
Syrup made of red onions works great to treat your common cold.
- Take 2 to 3 red onions. Cut them horizontally.
- Take a bowl. Keep one slice of red onion in it. Pour the honey. Repeat.
- Cover the bowl. Store it for a little over 12 hours.
- Now, drink your thick red onion syrup.
Pepper contains capsaicin. It gives relief from congestion.
- You can simply smell pepper. It reduces your cold.
- You can also sprinkle pepper on your food.
8. Mullein Tea:
- Take mullein tea leaves in a strainer.
- Leave that strainer in a cup of hot water.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add honey to the drink.
- Consume it 2 to 3 times a day.
If you combine milk with turmeric and ginger, it works to help you get rid of symptoms of common cold like headache, watery eyes, etc.
- Boil a glass of milk.
- Add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder to it.
- Add ½ teaspoon of ginger powder to it.
- Dink it 2 times a day.
You can use cinnamon as a drink to relieve yourself from cold.
- Take 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- Add 2 cloves to your list.
- Put all these in a glass of boiling water.
- Leave for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the granules.
- Now, drink your syrup 2 to 3 times a day.
These were some of the best home remedies for cold in summer! If you know of other such home remedies, do share with us in the comments box below!
- 10 Yoga Poses To Help You Treat Cold
- 20 Effective Home Remedies For Treating Headache
- 10 Effective Home Remedies For Common Cold
- 10 Effective Home Remedies For Swimmer’s Ear
Latest posts by Suhani (see all)
- How To Use Castor Oil To Treat Arthritis? - December 12, 2014
- Is It Safe To Eat Radish During Pregnancy? - December 12, 2014
- 5 Clever Makeup Tricks To Hide Your Double Chin - December 10, 2014
- 11 Amazing Benefits Of Using Night Creams - December 10, 2014
- Is Banana Peel Helpful To Treat Psoriasis? - December 9, 2014