So, you are a true fitness freak. You go to the gym every single day and sweat it out for long hours. Awesome! But how do you keep yourself energized while you are working out? Do you just say─by sipping your favorite energy drink? Oh, wait! You might be spoiling all your efforts and hard work! Choosing the wrong drink during working out not only prevents your body from restoring its lost energy, but it also gets into the way of losing weight successfully. So, here is an overall guide that will help you select the perfect energy drink to go along with your workout regimen!
7 Best Natural Energy Drinks For Gym:
Now, here are the best natural energy drinks that you should consume before and after hitting the gym. Read on below:
1. Berry Juice:
Make your own berry juice by mixing some whey protein powder, a little coconut milk and freshly prepared herbal iced tea with pure blackberry or blueberry juice. It can provide you instant energy during your workout.
2. Cherry Juice:
Juice up some fresh cherries and consume it throughout your gym session. The antioxidant content (anthocyanins, flavonoids, etc.) of the fruit will keep you away from post-workout swelling, helping your muscles recover faster.
3. Carrot Juice:
Drinking carrot juice is another great way to replenish your lost energy in the gym. It is one of the simplest methods to provide Vitamin E to your body and help your muscles utilize oxygen more efficiently.
4. Green Tea And Honey Mix:
Prepare green tea and add a tablespoon of pure honey to it. This mixture can be used as a perfect energy booster for your gym session as it can increase our endurance greatly.
5. Chocolate Milk:
It is an excellent energy drink that you can consume both before and after workout. Being rich in milk-based protein, it helps in synthesizing the muscle proteins, thereby reducing muscle fatigue.
When taken in a moderate amount (not more than 2.3 mg. per pound of body weight) before workout, coffee can actually boost the session by making you more energetic and reducing exercise-related soreness.
Apart from holding the right carbohydrate to protein ratio, beer can hydrate our body extremely fast. It also helps reduce the pain caused by workout.
Factors To Consider While Working Out:
But why do we need an energy drink while working out? Here’s why:
- Our body loses a considerable amount of water while working out. So, it is important to consume 200 ml. of fluid every 15-20 minutes while working out, and follow it up with a 250 ml. fluid intake once you are done.
- Water is always one of the best choices that you can make. But, it is even better to find something that contains electrolytes to replenish the water-electrolyte balance in the body.
- If you exercise longer than usual, choosing a drink packed with protein or carbs may be a good option.
- Fruit juices should be avoided by diabetics and obese people as they contain sucrose, which turns into fat.
- Make sure that you consume the pre-workout energy drink at least 1.5-2 hours prior to exercising and limit it to a maximum of 600 ml.
Readymade Vs. Natural Energy Drinks:
The market is flooded with ready-made energy drinks and all of them claim to keep you energized all through the gym session. But experts always advise to skip these store-bought ones and make some natural pre and post workout energy drinks at home. We have listed below the reasons why you should choose natural energy drinks over the ready-made ones:
- Natural energy drinks contain very low amount of sugar (mainly fructose). Being homemade, you can easily alter their sugar content as per your requirements.
- They do not contain more than 8% of carbohydrates, which eventually aids in weight loss.
- The sodium content of these natural drinks remains under control, which is essential for people suffering from hypertension.
So, next time you visit the gym for your morning workout, do not forget to carry your favorite energy drink with you. Happy exercising!
Do you carry an energy drink while working out? Which is your favorite energy drink? Share with us right below in the comments section.
Latest posts by Nilankeeta Roy Chowdhury (see all)
- 10 Most Popular Vegetarian Restaurants In Pune - December 26, 2014
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Step Aerobics For Weight Loss - October 21, 2014
- 4 Steps To Use Mala Beads For Meditation - October 20, 2014
- Top 10 Herbal Cosmetic Brands Available In India - October 20, 2014
- Mahamudra Meditation – What Is It And What Are Its Benefits? - October 8, 2014