Energy bars or nutrition bars are meant to supply the body with energy, in terms of calories. These may contain added vitamins, minerals or fats too. These are basically supplemental bars containing high energy contents like cereals and are targeted to provide quick and instant energy for those on the go! Healthy nutrition bars make for a brilliant snack especially if you just want to carry it around in your bag.
Nutrition Bars In India
Here is a list of the best tasting nutrition bars available in India.
1. Labrada Cookie Roll Bar:
This is available as a pack of 12 pieces.
- Calories: 230
- Protein: 6 grams
- Total carbs: 23 grams
- Total fat: 13 grams (1.5 saturated)
- Sugar: 18 grams and fibre: 3 grams
The cashew nuts and dates in the bar give it a delicious taste. This is the first microwavable bar in the market too.
2. Allmax Isoflex Triple Layer Protein Isolate Bars, Chocolate Caramel Crunch:
Available as: 1 piece/pack
- High quality Protein
- Omega 3& 6 fatty acids
- Essential vitamins
Each bar claims to have just 1 gram of sugar in it. This bar has been created using an innovative cold flow chill process, so you won’t find it in a sticky mess when you open your bag after a workout.
[Read:Carbohydrate Rich Foods]
3. Pure Protein Bars, Peanut Marshmallow Eclipse:
Available as: 1 piece per pack.
- 12g of protein per 40g
- 3g of fat per bar
This bar is rich in proteins and tastes good as well.
4. Muscleblaze Power Bar, Chocolate:
Available as a pack of: 12 pieces/pack
- 5.5g of dietary fibre
- 20.5g of protein per bar of 50g
This bar claims to pump up your metabolic rate and enhance immunity. This is an ideal snack for fitness freaks.
5. Metrx Big 100 Mini Colossal, Super Cookie Crunch:
Available as: 8 pieces/pack
- Calories: 310
- Protein: 30 grams
- Totalcarbs: 33 grams
- Totalfat: 10 grams (6 saturated)
- Sugar: 3 grams
This bar can be used as a meal replacement. This protein bar is packed with protein punch and very little carbohydrates. This bar also has an amazing flavour.
[Read:Purine Rich Foods]
6. Pure Protein Bars, Chocolate Deluxe:
Available as: 6 pieces/pack
- Calories: 190
- Protein: 20 grams
- Total carbs: 17 grams
- Total fat: 6 grams (3 saturated)
- Sugar: 2 grams per bar
This is a pure protein bar that sells under the tag line“eat good, look good’’. These bars have a high protein-to-carbohydrate ratio. They stay clear of that chalky protein-supplement taste and have a delicious flavour instead.
7. Supreme Protein Bars, Cookies & Cream:
Available as: 9 pieces/pack
- Protein: 15g
- Vitamins and minerals
This bar works as both pre and post-workout snack. So you can eat this and hit the gym.
8. Universal Nutrition Dr.Carbrite Bar:
Available as: 12 pieces/pack
- Sugar free
- Gluten free
[Read:Copper Rich Foods]
9. Quest Bar:
- Calories: 200
- Protein: 20 grams
- Total carbs: 22 grams
- Total fat: 9 grams (0.5 saturated)
- Sugar: 2 grams
10. Power Crunch Bars:
Available as a pack of: 12 bars
- Calories: 205
- Protein: 14 grams
- Total carbs: 10 grams
- Total fat: 12 grams (4 saturated)
- Sugar: 5 grams
This bar tastes like a cookie and has a sweet and crunchy flavor. It has a different texture from the traditional protein bars. This can provide you with the required dose of nutrition.
*Subject to Availability
Usually, most bars have very low fat content, low carbohydrates and good fiber that help you keep full. These are particularly rich in proteins and anybody who has a protein deficiency, athletes, body-builders or who do a lot of physical exercise or training can safely eat these to their benefit. So, go grab your favorite bar, now!
Latest posts by Jayshree Bhagat (see all)
- Top 15 Most Beautiful Cherry Blossom Flowers - May 13, 2014
- 23 Effective Exercises For Toned Buttocks - April 25, 2014
- Best Aerobics Shoes For Women – Our Top 10 - April 11, 2014
- 14 Amazing Benefits And Uses Of Soy Protein - March 26, 2014
- Top 10 Clinics/Centers That Provide Laser Treatment For Acne Scars - March 24, 2014