Tattoos come in a wide variety of themes to encompass the diverse range of human emotions. Specific categories of tattoos have emerged which symbolize specific but interrelated sets of emotions. Om is a universal Hindu symbol and is the first syllable in any prayer. In Hindu mythology, Om symbolizes the universe and ultimate reality and is the source of all creation and life. It represents the 3 aspects of God: Brahma, Vishnu and Lord Shiva. Om leads us from unreality to reality, from darkness to the light and from fear of death to the knowledge of reality. The sound of Om is a slow, calming chant that is used for chanting spiritual texts and is used for meditation purpose for the peace of mind it provides.
Getting an Om tattoo conveys the understanding of our primitive and ancient universal principles. Permanent inking of this symbol signifies our affinity to the unifying force and is an appropriate conveyance of our sacred and timeless awareness. In this post, I will be listing some of the best tattoo designs featuring OM in single and coloured patterns.
Best Om Tattoo Designs
[ Read: Arm Tattoo Designs ]
2. This tattoo is placed on the nape and looks ultra-stylish. You can see Pink petals with delicate shades of blue makeup and the lotus with OM inked at the fiery orange center of the flower. The vibrant shades of pink, purple and orange are sure to catch the attention of onlookers.
[ Read: Sun Tattoo Designs ]
7. The shape of Om combines with a face of a smiling Shiva in this modern Indian design idea. This tattoo symbolize peace and prosperity and this combined with Om provides a peaceful mind and body.
[ Read: Tattoo Designs for Girls on Hands ]
The Om tattoo world is full of many designs! But these are our favourites so far! let us know if you agree. Just drop a comment.
More tattoo ideas for you are here at Tattoos For All Android App.
Latest posts by Arshi Ahmed (see all)
- 20 Radical Styling Ideas For Your Red Ombre Hair - October 27, 2017
- 10 Best Neem Soap Brands You Can Try - September 29, 2014
- 50 Amazing Workout Hairstyles You Can Try - May 15, 2014
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits & Uses Of Tomato Soup - April 10, 2014
- 13 Easy Tomato Soup Recipes To Try At Home - April 10, 2014