Flower, flower everywhere and beautiful colours in my hair! As kids we all sang these kind of funny rhymes, but as we grow up we see these beautiful flowers being used everywhere in our daily life in different forms. We decorate our homes with beautiful flowers during festivals.
Onam is one of biggest festivals celebrated in our country, especially in Kerala. This festival celebrates the home coming of Emperor Mahabali who is considered as the Vamun Avatar or Lord Vishnu’s Avatar. The celebration is held in the month of Chingam (August-September) and continues for 10 days. This homecoming is celebrated by various festivities like large community banquet lunches, Onam pookalam (flower rangoli) as well as boat races and many other activities.
50 Best Pookolam Designs
In this article, today we will quench all your thirst for pookalam designs for this Onam. Here we present to you the top 50 designs we like:
1. Usually during Onam, people of Kerala use flowers to do the rangoli. Here we see a similarly done floral rangoli or pookalam which is made using flowers of different colours like yellow, pink, purple, white and red. The basic shape is a circle and within it is a star shaped design in the center of the pattern.
2. This is a beautiful flower rangoli design done with simple flowers like marigold, rose and lotus with few other flowers. There is a repetition of the colour yellow and orange in the design and it is a great pattern for beginners.
3. This pattern is a great way to show your rangoli making skills. The design requires great precision and the design is a symmetrical design and both the sides are similar. The colours used are various like white, purple, red, orange, yellow and more.
4. In this pattern, the picture of lord Ganesha adorns the center of the rangoli pattern. Red backdrop with the Ganesha design done in yellow is a perfect contrast.
5. This design is one of the finest and it beautifully gives a three dimensional effect. One definitely needs time as well as steady and practiced hands to make this pattern. The colours are combined in a perfect way to create the illusion of a three dimensional effect. The colours used are vivid like purple, blue, yellow and green.
6. This is a beautiful geometric pattern. In this rangoli, there is a circular shape holding a floral shaped motif inside exhibiting more motifs and designs inside. The extensive detailing in this design surely deserves an applause and will be best for veterans.
7. This beautiful rangoli pattern has a spiral design with common colours adorning it. The design is easy to make in a short time, as it requires very less number of coloured flowers. Yellow, orange and white marigold flower petals with green leaves are used in this pattern to give an exquisite look. Not to forget the red flower petals used, which give a beautiful definition to the pattern.
8. This design is quite different from the usual ones. The main shape here is a circle but within it is a rectangular shape. The use of coloured flower petals enhances the pattern with yellow and orange marigold petals being predominant.
Latest posts by Shabby (see all)
- Comedonal Acne – What Is It And 5 Ways To Control It - March 18, 2014
- 16 Best Pongal Kolam Designs That You Should Try - February 20, 2014
- Top 25 Most Beautiful Athapookalam Designs - November 11, 2013
- 11 Different Types Of Acne And How To Identify Them? - November 8, 2013