Tea tree is an essential oil that is widely used in the cosmetic and medicinal industry alike. Known from its anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties, tea tree oil helps in clearing blemishes and acne. Also, it is used in handling hair problems like dandruff and itchy scalp. Here I am listing the top ten shampoos that contain tea tree oil and act effectively. Most of them are easily available with chemists, cosmetic outlets and the international ones can be easily bought online!
Let’s get started with the list now, shall we?
The Most Popular Tea Tree Shampoos
1. Jovees Thyme and Tea Tree Anti Dandruff Shampoo:
This tea tree oil shampoo from Jovees is a much loved product as it effectively treats dandruff. As the monsoons are here, we all need to keep ourselves away from dandruff and this shampoo serves that purpose right. It retails at Rs. 194/- for 250 ml.
2. Health Aid Tea Tree Shampoo:
This shampoo contains tea tree oil as the main ingredient and is known to be an effective cleanser. It claims to give soft and shiny hair while also getting rid of dandruff. It is available in leading online shopping portals. It costs Rs. 850/- for 250 ml.
3. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo:
Being a shampoo from the Paul Mitchell range, this shampoo has definitely won many ladies swooning over its wonderful way of getting dandruff off. It also handles the damaged hair well and infuses the much needed moisture. It is available for Rs. 2951/- (10.14 ounce)
[ Read: Matrix Shampoo for Dry Hair ]
4. Baba Ramdev Patanjali Kesh Kanti Shampoo with Rosemary and Tea Tree Oil:
This desi shampoo from Baba Ramdev is a raved one! It contains rosemary extracts with tea tree oil thus it adds shine to the hair while preventing dandruff too. It retails at Rs.110/- for 200 ml.
5. Avalon Organic Tea Tree Shampoo:
This shampoo definitely is a winner – what with it relieving one of itchy scalp, reducing flaking of the skin and getting rid of the dandruff. It contains adequate amounts of tea tree oil extracts making it an effective shampoo. For 11 OZ, it costs Rs.750/-
6. Avon Naturals Tea Tree and Mint Anti Dandruff Shampoo:
Avon offers a fabulous shampoo and it is none other than the Avon Naturals Tea Tree and Mint Anti Dandruff shampoo. With the goodness of tea tree oil, it eliminates dandruff, while the mint content refreshes the scalp and relieves on of itchy scalp.
[ Read: Keratin Shampoo Brands ]
7. Fabindia Tea Tree Dandruff Control Shampoo:
This shampoo from Fabindia is known to be an effective shampoo which clears the dandruff and also reduces the flaking skin. Being a mild shampoo, it can be used every day with no fear of damaging your hair. It also reduces hair fall. It costs Rs. 250/- for 250 ml.
8. Giovanni Shampoo Tea Tree Triple Treat:
This famed shampoo from Giovanni contains tea tree oil extracts that relieve dandruff. It also prevents drying of the scalp and flaky skin. It is one of the best sellers as it suits all hair types. It has zero sulphates. It costs Rs. 495/- for 8.5 oz.
9. Aloe Veda Cleansing Anti Dandruff Shampoo with Tea Tree Oil:
A fabulous shampoo from Aloe veda, this anti dandruff shampoo also helps attain soft, silky tresses. It contains rosemary oil, neem oil, honey and aloe vera too. It can also be used every day as it’s mild. It retails at Rs. 230/- for 200 ml.
10. Vedic Line D Clean Shampoo:
Vedic Line offers the D Clean Shampoo that contains tea tree oil extracts, extracts of thyme, salicylic acid which are known to be anti septic and anti bacterial. It is an effective cleanser and yet a mild one. It costs Rs. 180/- for 200 ml.
These are my top picks of shampoo with tea tree oil girls, what are yours? Shoot a comment and let us know!
Latest posts by Namita (see all)
- Brown Hair Color Guide – Everything You Need To Know - January 31, 2015
- How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Get Rid Of Lice? - January 19, 2015
- How Many Litres Of Water Should You Drink Daily To Lose Weight? - January 14, 2015
- Is Jaggery Helpful To Treat Diabetics? - December 23, 2014
- 4 Best Ways Tamarind Helps You To Lose Weight - November 11, 2014