Do you want to maintain your hair colour? Would you like to know how you can safeguard your hair from getting damaged? Then a toning shampoo is what you should be using.
People with nearly all hair colours can benefit from using these shampoos, though it is the blondes who prefer it more. A good quality toning shampoo adds dimension and shine to coloured hair. It also protects coloured hair from sun damages and fading.
Would you like to know more about a toning shampoo and the top toning shampoos available in the market? Then go ahead and read!
Things To Remember When You Use A Toning Shampoo:
While using toning shampoos can minimise the fading of hair colour and make hair lustrous, you need to keep some points in mind.
- You can use a toning shampoo once or twice every week to battle dullness and maintain the colour gloss. It should not be used everyday like general shampoos for cleansing hair. Some shampoos like Provoke Touch of Silver series have specific products meant for weekly or daily usage.
- For the best results, you should use a toning shampoo in combination with your regular shampoo. Some toning shampoos are not very good at cleansing scalp and hair as opposed to regular shampoos.
- If you end up using a toning shampoo more than what is recommended, there is nothing to worry much. These shampoos deposit colour on hair strands. So, if you feel there is more colour than usual on hair, simply rinse it off with a general shampoo.
- It is not necessary that you can use a toning shampoo only after your coloured hair starts fading! You can, in fact, start using such shampoos after getting your hair coloured at home or in the salon. This will help the colour last longer, and you will not have to cope with the hassles of brassiness or dull hair.
10 Best Toner Shampoos
1. Nexxus Aloxxi Platinum Pro – Colour Toning Shampoo
This toning shampoo is ideal to eliminate unwanted brassiness and golden hue from coloured hair. It also adds shine to your hair colour and intensifies natural colour. It can be used on various hair colours like Dark Brunettes, Reds, Grey, etc. You can apply the shampoo to moist hair and work up a lather. Keep it on for a couple of minutes and then rinse off with clean water.
Price: Rs. 4,588.00
2. John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Multi-Tone Revealing Moisture Shampoo
This toning shampoo is meant for revitalising and hydrating coloured hair that has become brittle and dry. It adds shine and silkiness to hair upon application. For brown hair, it restores the richness and makes the highlights stand out. The formulation contains crushed pearls and cocoa bean extract. It is available in a 250 ml bottle as well.
You Can Buy Here: http://www.flipkart.com/john-frieda-brilliant-brunette-multi-tone-revealing-moisture-shampoo/p/itme4p2unwhhgy9g?pid=SMPE4P2UF9BJPJQ7&otracker=from-search&srno=t_3&query=toning+shampoo&ref=7718b8e9-39a4-435d-8a07-65e39fbf7351
Price: Rs. 450.00
3. Korres Magnesium & Wheat Proteins Toning Shampoo
The magnesium and wheat toning shampoo from Korees has hair loss preventing properties. The combination of ingredients like manganese, zinc, magnesium, and calcium fortifies hair roots. The provitamin B5 adds volume to coloured hair. Its wheat proteins and rice enhance elasticity, leading to reduced hair damage.
Price: Rs. 694.26
4. Tigi Dumb Blonde Purple Toning Shampoo
As is evident from its name, this toning shampoo is targeted at blondes who want to reverse the effect of hair turning brassy. It has violet toners to cope with brassiness. The shampoo also makes hair brighter. The conditioners help smoothen the hair and minimise frizz. It is available in a 400 ml size bottle.
You Can Buy Here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tigi-Blonde-Purple-Toning-Shampoo/dp/B00IOWGJAQ
Price: Rs. 980.42
5. KMS CALIFORNIA Colorvitality Blonde Shampoo
This toning shampoo is ideal for those men and women who have dyed their hair blonde. It combats yellowing with optical brighteners, and the UV filter prevents sun related colour fading. It is enriched with herbs like rhubarb and lavender to nourish the hair from within. The shampoo is available in a 300 ml size bottle.
Price: Rs. 1017.99
6. Clairol Shimmer Lights Original Shampoo Blonde & Silver
The Shimmer Lights Conditioning Shampoo is aimed at people with white, grey hair, and those with light blonde hair. It is a non-alkaline and gentle shampoo. Its protein-enriched formula battles yellowish haze that affects grey and whitish hair.
Price: Rs. 343.15
7. Paul Mitchell Platinum Blonde Shampoo
This toning shampoo is ideal for those who have white or grey hair and want to add lustre to their hair. The shampoo adds a sparkling shine to hair. The shampoo’s Cool violet pigments aid enhances white, grey or light blonde hair effectively. The mild ingredients ensure zero hair damage. The hair becomes soft and hydrated too.
Price: Rs. 1184.79
8. Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo
The Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo is fortified with Pro-Blonde complex to care for bleached hair and highlights. It eliminates the yellow and brassy tones that appear in blonde hair. It contains natural ingredients like moringa seed extract and chamomile. It also helps protect hair from the damage caused by sunlight. You can use it once a week to get the desired results.
You Can Buy Here: http://www.boots.com/en/Lee-Stafford-Bleach-Blonde-Shampoo-250ml_853905/
Price: Rs. 644.86
9. De Lorenzo Nova Fusion ‘Silver’ Shampoo
This toning shampoo from De Lorenzo has a nice lavender rose tea aroma and a shining pearly blue-purple hue. The shampoo is made with natural extracts including birch extract, willow bark, and Kakadu plum. These ingredients help in keeping hair shining, and its UV inhibitors minimise fading caused by sunlight. It needs to be kept on wet hair for a few minutes and washed off with water.
Price: Rs. 1,123.08
10. Matrix Colour Care So Silver Shampoo
Matrix’s Colour Care So Silver Shampoo is mild in nature and it is meant for brightening up bleached hair and eradiating yellow tones. It also cleanses hair well.
Price: Rs. 5,100.00
While these toning shampoos are chosen by hair grooming experts and salons worldwide, you can also explore other popular options. There are some quality toning shampoos from companies like L’oreal and Provoke, for example. Besides, every person has a distinct hair texture and base pigment. So, a typical toning shampoo that fits a blonde may not be that good for another with a different shade of colour.
How has this post helped you? Let us know by commenting in the box below!
Latest posts by Daiwik (see all)
- Why Should You Use Fractionated Coconut Oil? - September 4, 2015
- 8 Really Effective Stretches For Runners That You Should Be Doing - September 1, 2015
- 8 Awesome Health Benefits Of Phosphorus - August 31, 2015
- The Powerful Japa Meditation – What Is It And Its Benefits - August 19, 2015
- How To Use Hydrogen Peroxide To Treat Ringworms? - August 11, 2015