Do you often suffer from groin pain? Did you know that performing simple yoga poses can help reduce the pain and prevent recurrences?
Well, if you are suffering from groin pain, or are wondering what simple yoga asanas can help you get over it, read this post!
Best Asanas In Yoga For Groin Pain
1. The Pigeon Pose Or Kapotasana
The Pigeon pose or Kapotasana is one of the best groin stretches, and it helps you overcome groin pain. The Kapotasana is a complete body workout, which helps tone your legs and improves lower body strength. So, along with lowering groin pain, you will also be toning your legs.
- Begin by kneeling down on a yoga mat.
- Take your right leg and stretch it out behind you.
- Continue extending your right leg behind you until the right hip is next to the left knee and left foot.
- Ensure that your toes remain pointed.
- Lean forward and push your chest outwards.
- Hold this pose for 45- 60 seconds, taking deep breaths.
- Switch sides and repeat with the other leg (1).
2. The Reclining Bound Angle Pose Or Supta Baddha Kona Asana
The reclining bound angle pose or the supta Baddha kona asana has many health benefits. It exercises the groin muscles and helps treat groin pain.
- Sit down on a mat.
- Begin bringing your feet towards each other.
- Join your soles and clasp your feet with your hands.
- Keep your spine erect.
- Holding this pose, begin lowering your back towards the ground.
- Continue lowering your back until it touches the ground and remain in the pose until you feel a stretch in your back.
- Get back to the starting position and repeat.
Learn how to perform the reclining bound angle pose in the video here.
3. The Tree Pose Or Vriksasana
One of the best asanas for treating groin pain, the tree pose or vriksasana also provides you with energy, improves your balance, and stimulates the central nervous system activity. It is a simple asana to perform and has many health benefits.
- Stand straight on a yoga mat.
- Keep your feet together and your soles flat on the ground.
- Begin raising your left leg and rest in on your right calf or thigh.
- Now begin raising your arms above your head and join your palms forming a Namaste sign in the air.
- Hold the pose for around 15-20 seconds.
Switch legs and repeat (2).
4. The Camel Pose Or Ustrasana
The camel pose helps relieve groin pain, clears congestion, strengthens your back and improves knee mobility. The efficacy of the camel pose has made it a very popular pose. It is used for treating many ailments, including arthritis and other inflammatory disorders.
- Begin by kneeling down on a yoga mat.
- Keep your arms loose on your sides.
- Begin bending your torso backward.
- Continue bending backward until you feel a stretch.
- Try and hold your heels.
- You can keep your hands on your hips if holding your heels is too difficult.
- Hold the position for around 30 seconds.
- Ease back into the starting position (3).
5. The Bridge Pose Or Sethubandasana
Another pose that is great for treating groin pain, the sethubandasana has many other health benefits like opening up your chest and clearing congestion.
- Begin by lying down flat on a yoga mat.
- Keep your knees bent.
- Widen your feet width and keep them hip wide.
- Your toes should point straight ahead.
- Now begin pressing your body down on your feet so that your hips rise into the air.
- Begin extending your arms towards your feet and interlock your fingers.
- Press your hands into the mat and rise higher.
- Tuck your neck into your chest and move your posterior towards your knees (4).
Perform these yoga poses and get relief from groin pain today. Do you know of any other asanas to relieve groin pain? Tell us by commenting in the box below!
Latest posts by Ameya C (see all)
- 8 Facts About Washing Hands That You Don’t Want To Ignore - February 23, 2016
- 5 Best Yoga Asanas For Strong Feet - September 1, 2015
- 10 Best Essential Oils To Treat Hemorrhoids - July 23, 2015
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil Bath - June 12, 2015
- What Is Coachella Diet? - June 10, 2015