Did you know that Yoga helps you do more than just keep your mind and body fit? Well, what if we told you that yoga could also help you get that energy boost every day? Intrigued, aren’t you?
Read this post and find out the ten best asanas that provide you with instant energy!
Yoga For Energy – Top 10 Uplifting Poses:
1. Warrior Pose Or Virabhadrasana:
One of the most popular Yoga poses for instant energy is the warrior pose. It not only provides you instant energy but also sharpens your focus and concentration.
Performing The Virabhadrasana:
- Put your right foot forward and bend your knee.
- Place your left foot at a right angle to your right leg.
- Proceed to stretch your arms out in front of you.
- Keep your palms facing down and gaze ahead (1).
2. Triangle Pose Or Trikonasana:
This is another pose that is designed to provide you with a boost of energy.
Performing The Trikonasana:
- Bending at the hip, straighten your right leg.
- Your left hand should rest on your shin.
- Raise your right arm towards the ceiling and turn your head to gaze at the ceiling.
- You will feel a stretch in your legs and hips.
- Repeat this pose on the other side (2).
3. Tree Pose Or Vrikshasana:
The tree pose or the Vrikshasana helps keep you calm and confident. This pose also provides you a boost of energy while helping you develop balance.
Performing The Vrikshasana:
- Keep your feet together on the ground.
- Raise your left leg and rest it on your calf or thigh.
- Raise both of your arms above your head and bring the palms together.
- Hold the pose for 10-15 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side (3).
4. Upward Tree Pose Or Urdhva Vrikshasana:
This asana not only helps develop balance and cure menstrual cramps, but it helps you release stress and boosts your energy levels.
Performing The Urdhva Vrikshasana:
- Stand straight with your feet slightly apart.
- Keep your arms at your sides.
- Press your hands together in front of your chest.
- Keeping your hands pressed together stretch them towards the sky.
- Arch your back and look upward (4).
5. Cat Pose Or Bidalasana:
This asana improves your flexibility and helps relieve a sore back. It also provides you with the much-needed energy boost.
Performing The Bidalasana:
- Get down on all fours.
- Begin lowering your knees so that you’re on all fours with a flat back.
- Taking a deep breath, arch your back upward like an angry cat would.
- Repeat the pose 4-5 times.
Check out this video on how to perform the Bidalasana.
6. Downward Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana):
This asana provides you with the much-needed energy boost. You can perform this pose at any time of the day.
Performing The Adho Mukha Svanasana:
- Get down on all fours like a cat.
- Start on your hands and knees (like how you started the cat pose).
- Keeping your toes tucked in, proceed to raise your hips.
- Remember that the hips should be high, and you don’t have to keep the sole grounded.
- Hold the position for around 10-15 seconds (5).
7. Plank Pose:
This is an adapted pose, which has its roots in the planks exercise. This pose helps tone your belly and re-energizes the body.
Performing The Plank Pose:
- Get into the push-up position with your elbows exactly under your shoulders.
- Keep your legs straight and don’t let your belly sag.
- Tighten and tense your abdomen, thigh, and posterior muscles.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds.
8. Cobra Pose Or Bhujangasana:
This pose stretches your back, stimulates breathing and oxygenation. It also rejuvenates and re-energizes your body.
Performing The Bhujangasana:
- Lie face down on the floor.
- Keep your legs straight.
- Begin lifting your chest, ensuring that your hips remain grounded.
- Arch your back until you feel a stretch.
- Gently lower your back to the ground (6)
9. Seated Twisting Pose (Ardha Matsyendrāsana):
This pose stretches and strengthens the spine, while providing you energy for the day.
Performing The Ardha Matsyendrasna:
- Sit down on the floor.
- Cross your right leg on your left thigh.
- Your right foot should touch the floor.
- Bend the left leg so that it touches your posterior.
- Take your right hand and put it on the floor.
- Your left elbow should rest on your right knee.
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side (7).
[ Read: How to Awaken Your 7 Chakras ]
10. Child’s Pose Or Balasana:
This is one of the most effective yoga poses to increase energy. It helps you calm down and relaxes your body at the end of a yoga session.
Performing The Balasana:
- Get into a kneeling position.
- Tuck your chest into your thighs.
- Bend forward and rest your forehead on the ground. Remember to keep your arms straight by your body’s side.
- Take a few slow, full breaths.
- Hold this pose for around 10-15 seconds. Repeat (8).
Have you ever tried Yoga for energy and relaxation. So, the next time you feel fatigued, try out one of these inspiring asanas. For all you know this might be the start of a healthier lifestyle for you. Please tell us about your experiences with these asanas here. Leave a comment below.
- 3 Effective Yoga Asanas To Improve Your Flexibility
- 8 Effective Yoga Poses To Treat Sciatica
- Top 10 Yoga Poses For Relaxation
- 5 Best Yoga Poses For Detoxification
- 5 Effective Yoga Poses For Grief Relief
Latest posts by Ameya C (see all)
- 8 Facts About Washing Hands That You Don’t Want To Ignore - February 23, 2016
- 5 Best Yoga Asanas For Strong Feet - September 1, 2015
- 10 Best Essential Oils To Treat Hemorrhoids - July 23, 2015
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil Bath - June 12, 2015
- What Is Coachella Diet? - June 10, 2015