Have a beach vacation lined up for the summer? If I’m right, your first thought would be, “how would I carry off those wee little clothing styles?” No compromise, no sweat. Check out the Brazilian butt lift workout and find out what it can do for you.
Shake That Booty:
A pretty bikini is not the only prerequisite for the beach. You should be able to show off a toned and firm backside, just like a model. But, you’re not a model, you say? Neither am I.
Here is the bottom-line (pun intended) – these cellulite blasting exercises would make you look no less than a supermodel. So, get off your butt and give your rear a lift with the Brazilian butt lift workout. Let me show you the basics.
1. Brazilian Butt Lift Lunges:
- Make proper space around you to allow for stretching your legs.
- Always begin any exercise after a brief warm-up.
- Once comfortable, stand with your feet apart, hands on your hips.
- Keep feet at shoulder width distance, toes pointing ahead.
- Now, stretch the left leg back in a lunge, bending the right knee.
- The knee should bend at a 90 degree angle.
- Lunge as deep as you can, feeling the stretch in your hamstrings.
- Return to the first position and lunge back with right leg.
- Repeat the lunges for 16 counts before taking up the next exercise.
2. Butt Lift Back Raises:
- Take a breather, but only for a second or two.
- Once you recover, touchdown on the floor on your elbows and knees.
- Slowly, straighten one knee and raise the leg behind you.
- Align the leg so that it forms a straight line with you back.
- Lift the leg above the butt.
- Pause for a few seconds at the top and slowly lower the leg to kneeling position.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- Keep the movements controlled.
- Focus on your butt muscle during the back raise, and not on your back.
- Alternate with 16 repetitions.
3. Brazilian Butt Bridge:
- After a few seconds, return to the floor.
- Start this exercise by lying down on your back, knees bent, heels touching the floor.
- Place your hands at either side of the body, on the floor, for support.
- Slowly push your hips away from the floor.
- Here, the pelvis and abdomen are like a bridge connecting the legs and neck.
- Stay in this position for about 5 seconds.
- And squeeze your glutes while you’re there.
- Return to the first position and repeat immediately.
4. Perky Butt Squat And Leg Raise:
- Stand up straight, maintain good posture for balance.
- Keep arms at the sides and legs shoulder distance apart.
- Placing your weight on the heels, squat and immediately lift one leg behind you.
- Ensure the leg is aligned straight.
- Also, keep your hips pointed ahead.
- You can point both arms forward. Or, alternately, you can use the opposite arm to touch the standing leg’s toe.
- Either way, you should feel the stretch in the hamstring of your standing leg.
- Return to squat, switch sides and raise the other leg behind you.
- When you raise the legs, get the leg behind you as high as possible.
- Repeat the movement 16 times.
5. Brazilian Butt Lift Jump Squats:
- Stand comfortably, hands on your hips.
- Ensure you maintain your balance for this explosive cardio exercise.
- Now, lunge forward with your right leg.
- The right knee should bend at a 90-degree angle, directly above the ankle.
- The left knee must point towards the floor.
- Here, power up and jump off the floor using both feet.
- Switch your legs mid-air and land with your left foot lunging forward.
- Continue the lunges while alternating each leg.
In addition to these five exercises, you can also include squats with weights and cross over lunges into your workout. Once each cycle completes, repeat the routine until 30 minutes are up (1). You can take 2-minute breaks between cycles.
If you have never attempted toning exercises before, it could be a challenge. Yes, I can see your face contorting in painful expressions. But having tried to tone my body, I must say there is plenty to celebrate once the body adjusts to it.
- This workout strengthens the loosened glute muscles, gradually allowing them to defy gravity (2). I’m talking about a sagging butt transforming into a rounder one.
- How long before you can have it, you say – Diligently follow the Brazilian butt lift workout for 3 months for about 3-4 days a week.
- You will observe changes within a month as the large glute muscles respond well to these exercises. It is your free butt-lift surgery along with cosmetic enhancements.
- Cosmetic? What is that? Well, did you really think the exercises target just the buttocks? They tone the entire lower body, removing fat and cellulite from thighs, waist, and, of course, the butt. So, welcome smoother looking behinds without the dimpling effect.
- Are you ready for the appreciative glances? I’m sure you are. A sculpted and toned lower body is a head turner on the beach. Since you would have lost excess weight also in 3 months, I can imagine you will give a fashion model a run for her money.
One would wonder why I keep referring to a model. I do have a reason. Apparently, the Brazilian butt lift workout or the Brazilian bum bum workout was first designed to tone Alessandra Ambrosio’s derriere. The lady in discussion is a Brazilian supermodel for whose butt, trainer Leandro Carvalho created the workout.
Want to get as fabulously fit as her? You sure can! Try the butt lift workout while you eat healthy. Because, in my journey through the fitness maze, I have understood that a balanced diet contributes to fitness too.
Hope you found the post helpful for your toning goals. Do share your thoughts and comments in the space provided below.
Latest posts by Sruthi Chowdhry (see all)
- String Bikini Workout – Everything You Need To Know - June 25, 2015
- Modern Day Yoga – Make It A Part Of Your Life - June 25, 2015
- A Complete Guide On Holistic Hair Care - June 22, 2015
- Are Those Nasty Genital Warts Irritating You? These 6 At-Home Remedies Will Definitely Help You - May 20, 2015
- 10 Healthy Sandwiches To Help You Lose Weight - May 19, 2015