How many nightmares have started with the word, pimple?
Trust me , they know how to make an entry. I remember I had a big shiny pimple on the day that I met my future Husband. Well at least love is blind.
Acne comes with the whole package and just plays havoc on our self-esteem! The primary reason for Acne, comedones and pimples is having oily skin. It develops due to hormonal imbalance, stress or accumulation of dirt and germs.
A pimple prone skin type demands extra care. Here are a few tips to banish them
- Try to avoid greasy facial products and make sure you wash your face twice in a day. After a shampoo; make sure to splash your face to avoid any product buildup. Oily skin with dirt and product buildup is especially prone to pimples. The secret to reducing this menace is an oil free face wash like Himalaya’s
- Face packs for acne prone skin draws out excess oil from your pores and help in removal of dead skin. You can try either a homemade face pack for pimples or a commercially available one.
- Try to avoid home remedies like using toothpaste to dry the pimples out. The best way to reduce the impact is to dry out the pimples using a face wash and pack / treatment.
Below are some of the commercially available face packs for acne prone skin treatment:
1. Himalaya Neem Face Pack:
Himalaya Neem Face Pack comes with the goodness of neem, turmeric and fuller’s earth. It suits anyone who suffers from acne problem. Just dot this face mask over your pimples and leave it overnight. This is the best face pack for acne prone skin. An economically priced face pack at 115 INR for 100 grams is a good deal.
2. Jovees Tea Tree and Clove Anti-Acne Face Pack:
This face mask comes in tub like packaging which houses powder inside, mix the powder with your toner and then apply it over your face. The tea tree and clove extracts combination works best and helps to lighten your acne scars. This face pack comes at a cheap price at 156 INR for 120 grams.
3. Lotus Herbals Tea Tree Pack:
Lotus products are always skin friendly and effective. It is very effective for treatment of pimples, blemishes and acne.It is available at an effective price of 135 INR for 120 grms
Apply the face pack and leave it on for 20 minutes .Rinse off and you have healthy clean skin.
4. Biotique Myristica Spot Correcting Anti-Acne Face Pack:
Biotique products mainly control the bacteria that instigate breakouts and acne. It comes in a tub like package. This pack soothes the breakout area, especially if there is any redness or itching. Priced at 199 INR for 25 grams, it’s a healthy investment.
5. Fabindia Clove Gel Face Pack:
An excellent product for oily skin, this clove gel also helps in reducing breakouts. Priced at 225 INR for 100ml, it is a natural product, with no side effects.
[ Read: Use Olive Oil To Get Rid Of Acne Scars ]
6. Vedic Line Neem and Brahmi Face Pack:
The Neem and Brahmi extracts helps reduce pimples and the pore size. To use apply it on moist skin. As soon as it is semi dry, rinse it off. This Face pack is priced at 175 INR for 100 ml and looks promising.
These are the few that I have tried and found effective!
However, our markets are flooded with face masks to reduce acne and pimple. Below is the list of more products that look promising.
Vaadi Aloe Vera, Manjistha& Rosemary Oil Face Pack DaburUveda Clarifying Mask KhadiNeemTulsi Face Pack Natural Bath & Body NeemTulsi Mud Pack Freeman Mint & Lemon Clay Facial Mask Aromaz Spot Clear Clove and Neem Clean Skin Face MaskSo mix and match so that you find the one that works best for you .Just a few tips to keep in mind are
- The mantra to pimple free skin is effective cleansing. Choose a gentle oil free face wash
- Opt for organic and herbal remedies over chemical products
- Always patch test to avoid any rashes and allergies
So go ahead and banish that pimple. Your skin will love you for it and you will love the compliments.
Latest posts by Riddhi Jholapara (see all)
- Best Foot Creams Available In India – Our Top 10 Choices - February 14, 2013
- 50 Veil Bridal Hairstyles For Your Wedding Day - February 4, 2013
- 6 Latest Party Hairstyles Along With Styling Tips - February 1, 2013
- 50 Wispy Medium Hairstyles - January 31, 2013
- How To Choose The Right Concealer – Tips on Shades and Formulas - January 24, 2013