With all the tempting and delicious food choices, it is very difficult to lose weight. If you are seriously thinking about losing weight without cutting down on your food intake or starving yourself; there is good news. You can try VLCDs (Very Low Calorie Diets) that control your calorie intake and substitute your regular food with healthy and nutritious food that provide energy without added calories.
These diets can be easily followed at home if you intend to lose about 1-2 kilograms in a week. Otherwise, for people with obesity issues, it is medically recommended to follow the diet plan and lose weight quickly. The best part of it is that you really do not have to starve to death to lose the extra bulges from your body.
With 800 calorie diet, you should be cautious about not overdoing it as it may result in serious health issues and nutritional deficiencies. The rate at which you lose calories can be a serious hazard on insulin levels and heart rate. So if you are on medication, it is advisable to consult a medical expert before undertaking the weekly diet plan.
The plan is to take food that completes your daily nutritional requirement of proteins, minerals, vitamins and fatty acids. This is achieved by healthy eating and liquid meals with total calories being less than 800.
800 Calorie Diet Weight Loss
Benefits of Weight Loss on 800 Calorie Diet
- For overweight people who rapidly need to lose weight, VLCDs aid in quick loss of weight without making the person weak and inactive. Remember, you are just watching out for foods high on calorie and avoiding it and increasing intake of food that are high on energy.
- There are various health problems that are related to overweight. A few of them being cardiac problems, gastrointestinal issues, respiratory disorders and in extreme cases fertility is also affected. The best solution for these is a VLCD plan for a week or two.
- For individuals with a very busy schedule and no time to hit the gym, it is the easiest and simplest way to reduce a few pounds here and there.
Precautions to be Taken While on 800 Calorie Meal Plan Weight Loss
- A sudden change in diet affects the body in more than one way. Therefore do not force it on the body as extremely low calories may result in fatigue and diarrhea. Give your body some time to adjust to the diet.
- Do not overdo. It may be important and healthy to lose a few pounds, but take breaks between weeks. Following VLCDs continuously may result in long term problems on kidney, liver and heart functions.
A Sample 800 Calorie Weight Loss Plan:
Read on for what you can have for meals and snacks during the day keeping overall calorie count less than 800.
Options for Breakfast:
- A cup of low calorie cereal with 3/4th cup skimmed milk
- 2 Slices of brown or any low calorie bread with an egg
- Unsweetened low fat yogurt and one hard-boiled egg
Options for Meals:
About 145-150 grams of meats, with a portion of vegetables and fruits each can be boiled or steamed with limited spices or cooked in low calorie oil or no oil. These foods should be very high on protein and low on carbohydrates.
Meats can comprise of blue/white fish, tuna, shrimp, lobster etc. Vegetables like broccoli, lettuce, celery, cabbage, onion, eggplant etc., are a great choice. And from fruits one can choose berries, oranges, grapefruit or pineapple.
[ Read: 1500 Calorie Diet Plan ]
You can have beverages like green tea, or any of the fruits and/or unsweetened low fat yogurt.
Keeping the calorie intake of each food item in mind, you may formulate your own diet plan for the day. However, if it is a compulsion to lose weight for health reasons, approach a dietitian so that your diet is loaded with nutrition and energy.
- 5 Simple Diet Tips And A Diet Chart To Gain Weight
- The Banana Diet: Bananas For Weight Loss
- Kareena Kapoor’s Beauty Tips And Diet Secrets Revealed
- A Simple Diet Plan To Reduce Belly Fat
- Low Protein Diet Plan – What To Eat And What To Avoid?
Latest posts by Rinku Agarwal (see all)
- Top 5 Olay Products For Oily Skin - March 18, 2014
- 8 Homemade Collagen Face Packs You Can Try Today - March 13, 2014
- Best Thalgo Skin Care Products – Our Top 10 Picks - March 7, 2014
- 10 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Eye Itching - January 23, 2014
- 10 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Laryngitis - January 23, 2014