Did you have to finally part with your favorite dress because you could not fit in it?
Shattering, isn’t it? Afterall, we all want to look slim, well toned, and beautiful. Obesity not only creates a negative body image but also puts your health at risk. I have been through it, and it took me a lot of courage and commitment to lose weight. So, today I am going to share my secret diet plan with you. The first thing that I did was to go on a diet that jumpstarted my metabolism and fat mobilization. This diet plan is popularly known as the 800 calories diet plan and is the most effective, affordable, and enjoyable. All you have to do it substitute your meals with low-calorie nutritious foods. If you adhere to the plan, you can lose up to 2 kgs in just a week. So, without much ado, let’s delve deep and get you back in shape! But first, let’s take a look at the benefits of this plan.
800 Calorie Diet Benefits
- 800 calorie diet plan is a very low-calorie diet (VLCD) plan, meaning that you would eat nutritious yet low-calorie food. For overweight people who rapidly need to lose weight, VLCDs aid in the quick loss of weight without making the person weak and inactive. Remember, you are just watching out for foods high on calorie and avoiding it and increasing intake of foods that are high on energy.
- The 1-week 800 calorie diet plan can help kickstart your metabolism and fat mobilization. This will reduce the risk of developing many life-threatening diseases such as heart problems, digestive issues, respiratory disorders, and infertility.
- It is the best diet plan for those who cannot make time for gymming or any other form of physical exercises.
- The 800 calorie diet is also beneficial for those suffering from apnea.
Now, since 800 calories are way too less when compared to the calories that you should consume daily, keep in mind the following points before starting with this diet plan.
[ Read: 1200 Calories Diet Plan ]
- Talk to your doctor or dietician before starting this diet plan.
- A sudden change in diet affects the body in more ways than one. So do not force it on the body as poor calorie intake may result in fatigue and diarrhea. Give your body some time to adjust to the diet.
- Do not overdo. It may be important and healthy to lose a few pounds, but take breaks between weeks. Following VLCDs continuously may result in long-term problems on kidney, liver and heart functions.
Now that you know the pros and cons take a look at this sample 800 calorie diet to shed those extra inches.
[ Read: 1000 Calorie Diet for Weight Loss ]
A Sample 800 Calorie Weight Loss Plan
Read on for what you can have for meals and snacks during the day keeping overall calorie count less than 800.
Options for Breakfast
- A cup of low calorie cereal with 3/4th cup skimmed milk
- 2 Slices of brown or any low calorie bread with an egg
- Unsweetened low fat yogurt and one hard-boiled egg
Options for Meals
About 145-150 grams of meats, with a portion of vegetables and fruits each can be boiled or steamed with limited spices or cooked in low calorie oil or no oil. These foods should be very high on protein and low on carbohydrates.
Meats can comprise of blue/white fish, tuna, shrimp, lobster etc. Vegetables like broccoli, lettuce, celery, cabbage, onion, eggplant etc., are a great choice. And from fruits one can choose berries, oranges, grapefruit or pineapple.
[ Read: 1500 Calorie Diet Plan ]
You can have beverages like green tea, or any of the fruits and/or unsweetened low fat yogurt.
Keeping the calorie intake of each food item in mind, you may formulate your own diet plan for the day. However, if it is a compulsion to lose weight for health reasons, approach a dietitian so that your diet is loaded with nutrition and energy.
- 5 Simple Diet Tips And A Diet Chart To Gain Weight
- The Banana Diet: Bananas For Weight Loss
- Kareena Kapoor’s Beauty Tips And Diet Secrets Revealed
- A Simple Diet Plan To Reduce Belly Fat
- Low Protein Diet Plan – What To Eat And What To Avoid?
Latest posts by Rinku Agarwal (see all)
- Top 5 Olay Products For Oily Skin - March 18, 2014
- 8 Homemade Collagen Face Packs You Can Try Today - March 13, 2014
- Best Thalgo Skin Care Products – Our Top 10 Picks - March 7, 2014
- 10 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Eye Itching - January 23, 2014
- 10 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Laryngitis - January 23, 2014