Have you tried to get rid of those ugly lumps of fat accumulating in your hip and around your waist line, but could not succeed? Sometimes, cellulite needs more than just exercise to vanish. While there are a dozen products that claim to make you look fabulous in no time at all, we advocate going all natural!
So, what do we have in store for you today? Castor oil for your cellulite. And yes, it works! Wondering how? Keep reading to know all about castor oil and cellulite.
Cellulite – An Overview
With age, most women and men gather fat in their body, but an excess amount of cellulite can make things worse. Cellulite can be termed as a skin condition that affects a majority of adult women (1). When it forms in excess amounts beneath the skin layer, ugly small lumps press against the surface of the skin. It may not be severe, but mars your appearance to an extent.
Ways To Get Rid Of Cellulite
In a world where people are obsessed with their looks and beauty over anything else, it is quite natural that the cellulite-affected lot will resort to numerous options to get rid of this menace! The US FDA recommends the usage of a procedure called Endermologie (2) – a sophisticated spa therapy. The benefits of exercise are also undeniable in this regard. However, you can always opt for other natural remedies to reduce cellulite in your body. One such option is the topical application of castor oil.
Why Use Castor Oil For Cellulite Removal?
Castor oil has beneficial properties for the skin, and it has been used since ancient times to heal skin ailments and enhance skin health. This pale yellow liquid can be obtained easily, and it does not cost a lot either.
Castor oil application helps boost the functionality of the lymphatic system in the human body. This system plays a vital role in eliminating excess fluid from the body and discards waste in the process. Besides, it also aids in transmitting nutrients, oxygen and hormones to cells. Deficient lymphatic system results in fluid build-up in the body parts and cellulite development. Castor oil massage helps stimulate the lymphatic system in the body and helps reduce cellulite over time.
Way To Apply Castor Oil
You can apply castor oil on body parts like hips, thighs, and waistline – mostly the areas that get affected by cellulite. You can apply slightly warm castor oil on the affected regions and massage slowly. Some people also prefer to mix castor oil with other oils like lavender and lemon essential oils, because they do not like the smell of castor oil. You can opt for such a massage twice or even thrice a week, if required.
What Else You Need To Do?
While application of castor oil massage can help you get rid of cellulite, you need to do more than that for the desired results! Besides, you need to be patient about cellulite removal as it takes time – do not expect overnight results.
Additional things you need to do remember:
- Resort to a healthier and active lifestyle. It is the couch potatoes, and people leading sedentary lifestyles who get more cellulite in their body parts. Do not think a castor oil massage alone can help you get rid of cellulite. Exercise is equally important.
- It is also necessary that you keep a tab on what you eat. It helps when you stop taking fat laden and processed foods. These foods contribute to the increase in cellulite layers in your body over time. Instead, switch to a diet that has plenty of fresh produce ad lean meat.
- It helps when you keep the body hydrated for cellulite removal (3). Drink plain water aplenty every day. Cut down on alcohol and carbonated beverages that can lead to fat accumulation in the body.
- Along with castor oil application, opt for full body massage using a soft brush. You will get such treatments in spas nowadays. This helps remove dead skin cells and charges up the lymphatic system.
So are you ready to enjoy these benefits of castor oil for cellulite? As much as you may detest the thought of applying this sticky oil on your body, trust in the goodness this potent liquid possesses. A few applications of castor oil is all you need for a firmer and more toned body.
Tell us how this post has helped you. Do comment in the box below.
- How To Use Castor Oil To Remove Moles?
- Does Castor Oil Help You Lose Weight?
- 17 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil (Arandi) For Skin, Hair, And Health
- Is Castor Oil Effective For Solving Scalp Problems?
Latest posts by Daiwik (see all)
- Why Should You Use Fractionated Coconut Oil? - September 4, 2015
- 5 Astonishing Ways Davana Essential Oil Can Benefit You - September 4, 2015
- 8 Really Effective Stretches For Runners That You Should Be Doing - September 1, 2015
- 8 Awesome Health Benefits Of Phosphorus - August 31, 2015
- The Powerful Japa Meditation – What Is It And Its Benefits - August 19, 2015