Are you worried about weight gain? Are you finding it difficult to include a fitness regimen in your packed schedule? Obesity is a bane of unhealthy eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle. And it is something that should never be ignored. But then, what if there is one single ingredient that can help you with weight-management and also tantalizes your taste buds? Well, we are talking about tomatoes here! But, are tomatoes good for weight loss? Want to know how the tangy vegetable can be your secret to a svelte figure? Well, check out this post!
[ Read: Tamarind Helps You To Lose Weight ]
What Are The Health Benefits Of Eating Tomatoes?
Tomato is one superfood, which has multiple health benefits. It is a storehouse of a variety of essential nutrients including lycopene, vitamin C, carotenoids, potassium, folate and more. These nutrients play a crucial role in building a strong and healthy body. Tomatoes control hunger, help in stabilising blood-sugar levels and also reduce cholesterol. They are rich in biotin, a water soluble vitamin that can help boost energy. Snacking on a bowl of tomato salad can keep your hunger pangs and unnecessary calorie-gain at bay. They are an abundant source of antioxidants like vitamins A and C, which help prevent free radical damage. The vitamins boost immunity and protect you from the threat of diseases and infections. The combination of lycopene and beta-carotene in tomatoes keeps your heart healthy, ups your metabolism, and thus helps you lose weight. It also keeps cardiovascular diseases and oxidative stress at bay. The water content in tomato is between 93 and 95%. So, having tomatoes will also help meet your daily intake of water.
Tomato For Weight Loss:
A ripe tomato (150 g) contains 25-35 calories only. So, it will fill your tummy and won’t give you those unwanted extra pounds in the process. As tomatoes improve metabolism, it helps in converting food into energy for maintaining the bodily functions. Its fluid content aids digestion and bowel movement.
Secret To A Tomato Rich Diet For Weight Loss:
Here are some handy tips to include tomato for weight loss diet and manage weight deliciously:
- Snack on it in between meals. Since it has few calories, there is no fear of piling on kilos.
- It can be pureed and used as spreads. You can snack on a healthy sandwich and stay away from junk food. Alternatively, you can also add tomato slices in a sandwich along with other crunchy veggies.
- It can be made into pulp and used as a healthy filling.
- You can binge on a refreshing salad of tomatoes, cucumbers and onions.
- Consuming tomato soup for weight loss is also a delectable dinner option!
- You can use it for preparing curries for rice, Roti etc., as the overall calorie value will not shoot up.
- You can also use tomatoes for flavoring.
- You can drink a glass of tomato juice with a dash of pepper.
[ Read: Zubaida Tariq Tips For Weight Loss ]
Avoid mixing tomatoes and starches like potatoes as this combination may cause acidity and indigestion. There are various crash diet options if you are looking at detox. Keep in mind that these diets can be extremely harmful and unhealthy if done regularly or for long durations. So it is always good to add tomatoes to your diet and lose weight in a healthy way. Talk to your doctor before you make drastic changes in your diet. If you are susceptible to allergies, please exercise caution. Because your health is more important than anything else, and you can’t afford to take chances when it comes to that.
Did you try a tomato diet to lose weight? How was that helpful? You can share your views by commenting below!
- Can Eating Watermelon Help You Lose Weight?
- Can Peppermint Tea Help You Lose Weight?
- Can Acai Berry Really Help Lose Weight?
- Jaggery: How Does It Help You To Lose Weight?
- How To Lose Weight With White Pumpkin Juice?
Latest posts by Namita (see all)
- Brown Hair Color Guide – Everything You Need To Know - January 31, 2015
- Can Eating Tomatoes Help You Lose Weight? - January 28, 2015
- How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Get Rid Of Lice? - January 19, 2015
- How Many Litres Of Water Should You Drink Daily To Lose Weight? - January 14, 2015
- Is Jaggery Helpful To Treat Diabetics? - December 23, 2014