Have you been struggling to lose weight lately? Do you feel exercising daily is a complex and tiring task for you? Losing weight is one of the toughest things in the world, but when you take the help of certain foods, the process becomes easy.
If there is one ingredient that can make the idea of losing weight look easy, it is watermelon! Is watermelon good for weight loss? Yes! Want to know how this wonder fruit can help you lose weight? Go ahead with your read!
Losing Weight With Watermelons – An Intro:
Losing weight can be a difficult challenge. To eat right and exercise daily is certainly one of the biggest struggles faced so far by almost anybody. If you are someone who enjoys sweets and chocolates, we completely understand how hard it might be for you to give up on all of them! This is why we have come with a simple and effective solution. It is watermelon!
This fruit is full of antioxidants that will remove all toxins from your body, rejuvenate your skin and make you feel fresh. It is also very low in calories, which means you can have it almost during any time of the day. To learn more about watermelon and why it should be incorporated into a healthy weight loss chart, do go through the following lines.
Watermelon Makes You Feel Full:
Keeping your stomach full is one of the biggest difficulties you could face while trying to shed kilos. Drinking water and having enough watermelons can keep you miles away from unwanted hunger and thirst. 92 percent of watermelon is water (1). When you add watermelon to your salads, you are not only getting the satisfaction of swallowing and chewing but also are keeping your stomach full for a very long time.
[ Read: Can Eating Tomatoes Help You Lose Weight ]
Nutrition Content Of Watermelon:
Fruits are very important for weight loss. If you are following a 1200 to 1500 calorie diet, you can have around two to three servings of watermelon daily. One cup of chopped watermelon contains around 46 calories. It has 9.4 grams of occurring sugar, 11 grams of calcium, 6.6 grams of vitamin lycopene, and 12.3 grams of vitamin C.
Benefits Of Eating Watermelon For Weight Loss:
Here are a couple of benefits derived out of watermelon that should convince you to add this amazing fruit to your diet:
- Watermelon contains vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that protect your body from dangerous diseases such as high cholesterol, kidney stones, strokes and heart attacks (2).
- It also prevents diabetes and bone loss.
- Watermelon deals with a heavy waistline and makes it slimmer.
Watermelon For Detox:
Watermelons can be used for a healthy detox diet! When you are on a watermelon cleanse, you shouldn’t consume anything but this fruit for about two to three days. It is best to buy organic watermelons since non-organic melons often have pesticides in it. It has also been recommended by the Detox Specialist Blog to use the rind of the melons with the fruit in order to make the most out of it (3).
Following is one super-recipe that can give you the ultimate detox experience! Check it out!
[ Read: Watermelon Diet And Benefits ]
Watermelon, Blueberries And Strawberry Salad:
- Two cups of chopped watermelon
- One cup of fresh blue berries
- 6 strawberries freshly cut
- Two tablespoons of lemon zest
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Half a teaspoon of pepper
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Two tablespoons of Flax Oil
- Get hold of a large bowl and combine all the fruits with lemon zest added. Store it inside the fridge for 10 minutes (4).
- Now whisk the salt, pepper, apple cider vinegar and flax oil together. Keep that in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Now take both of them out of the fridge and drizzle the dressing over the salad. Your salad is now prepared and can be served chilled.
Do you like eating watermelons? Have you ever tried watermelon for weight loss? Please share your ideas in the comment box given below. We always love hearing from you!
- Can Cottage Cheese Help You Lose Weight?
- Can Peppermint Tea Help You Lose Weight?
- Can Acai Berry Really Help Lose Weight?
- How Can Dates Help You Lose Weight?
- Can Eating Tomatoes Help You Lose Weight?
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015
- 8 Amazing Benefits Of Tilapia Fish - August 26, 2015