Castor oil is famously known for its hair growth properties. But did you know that castor oil also helps reduce belly fat? Derived from Ricinus communis plant and native of India, castor oil helps reduce weight by boosting metabolism, preventing fat absorption, reducing inflammation, and acting as a laxative. For centuries, castor oil has been used to treat various health issues. So, instead of weight loss pills or crash diets choose castor oil to lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks! Here’s everything you need to know about castor oil for weight loss.
What Is The Source Of Castor Oil?
Castor oil is a viscous and pale yellow oil obtained by pressing the seeds of Ricinus communis plant. It has a distinct taste and odor and is rich in monounsaturated fatty acid. The yellow oil is replete with necessary nutrients like Vitamin E and minerals. It boasts of amazing anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and antibacterial properties. It is mostly used as a food preservative, additive, in candies, and in packaging. It is known to stimulate hair growth and act as a laxative. Castor oil offers a wide range of health benefits, and you can use it in several ways. Many pharmaceutical companies are using it as a component to manufacture various medicines ranging from preventing fungal infections to chemotherapy. It is also an essential ingredient to make popular cosmetics and soaps. One of the significant benefits of this oil is that it can help you shed that stubborn flab. People who have hit a plateau in terms of their weight can add castor oil to their diet. Soon, they will be inching towards being fit from fat! These therapeutic properties make it a secret natural ingredient to achieve good health and fitness.
How To Use Castor Oil For Weight Loss?
You can orally consume 2-3 tablespoons of castor oil to lose weight. It acts by suppressing your appetite and thereby curbing your hunger. It also boosts fat metabolism by improving bowel movement. It can alleviate the problem of water retention in your body and help you lose weight – at least a few pounds. It is a potent laxative, and hence, you should not use it over a long period. Excessive consumption of Castor oil can lead to an electrolyte and fluid imbalance in the body. It also can irritate your digestive tract. So, here’s how to use castor oil for weight loss.
1. Oral Consumption
Take two to three teaspoons of castor oil before breakfast. Many people do not like its taste. So, you can mix it with some juice. Soon after consumption, you will find yourself rushing to the toilet, as it will facilitate your bowel movement. You can continue this regimen for a week and check your weight. You will surely be successful in losing weight with castor oil. Do not prolong the intake of Castor oil, as it can cause serious health problems like weakening of the colon and chronic constipation.
2. Topical Application
Warm a tablespoon of castor oil over medium flame. When the oil is warm, but not hot, massage it on your abdomen. The topical application will help you burn excess fat in the belly region. However, also indulge in some form of physical activity for effective weight management. What’s more? Application of castor oil can help tighten and rejuvenate your sagging skin, be it post pregnancy or otherwise.
Now, let me come to the burning problem that many of us face. Belly fat! Nothing is as stubborn as tummy fat, and you must get rid of it as it is the mother of a host of other diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, etc. Here’s how you can use castor oil to get rid of belly fat.
How To Use Castor Oil To Lose Belly Fat?
You can use castor oil topically to burn the stubborn fat in the abdominal region. Be it post pregnancy, binge eating or lack of exercise, belly fat is unflattering. Here is what you need to do to get rid of belly fat and chisel your tummy.
1. Castor Oil Wrap To Lose Belly Fat
What You Need
- 3 tablespoons castor oil
- Plastic wrap
- Hot water bag
- A piece of flannel to cover your belly
- A rolled towel
How To Use
- Lie down comfortably and support your back with the rolled towel.
- Take castor oil in your fingertips and apply it on your tummy in a circular motion. Massage the area for 10 minutes.
- Now, cover your tummy with the flannel and cover the belly area with the plastic wrap.
- Finally, keep the hot water bag on top of the plastic wrap.
- Relax and wait for 10 minutes before removing the wrap and flannel.
- Do this on a regular basis to see the desired results.
2. Castor Oil & Cranberry Juice To Lose Belly Fat
What You Need
- 15-60 ml castor oil
- 1 cup cranberry juice
How To Prepare
- Put castor oil in a cup of cranberry juice.
- Stir and drink on an empty stomach.
You can consume castor oil to lose tummy fat.
3. Castor Oil & Ginger Tea To Lose Belly Fat
What You Need
- 1-inch ginger root, crushed
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 tablespoon castor oil
- 1 cup water
How To Prepare
- Bring a cup of water to a boil.
- Toss in the crushed ginger root and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from flame and strain it into a cup.
- Steep the green tea bag for 1 minute.
- Squeeze the tea bag, add castor oil, and stir well before drinking.
Apply these methods to lose weight and to lose tummy fat. Castor oil has other benefits as well. Let’s find out what they are.
Other Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil
Consumption of castor oil can help in the detoxification of the body besides weight loss. When you ingest castor oil, it starts stimulating the digestive organs responsible for the waste removal. Purging the toxins from the body helps keep the body healthy.
2. Antimicrobial Properties
When you add a dash of castor oil to your diet to lose weight, you can also enjoy its antimicrobial properties. It will help keep fungal infections at bay. You may also experience a remarkable decrease in pain and itching. The oil also reduces blockages like abnormal masses and lymph.
3. Helps Reduce Acne
Castor oil is rich in vitamin E, which possess anti-inflammatory properties. Since acne is caused due to inflammation caused by bacterial infection, consuming or applying castor oil can reduce acne.
4. Prevents Constipation
Castor is a laxative and can help improve bowel movement and flush out the toxins. It is great for those who suffer from constipation on a regular basis. Consume castor oil with apple juice in the morning.
5. Boosts Immunity
When applied topically, castor oil boosts the immune cells or the T-11 cells. These promote the formation of antibodies that fight against foreign pathogens.
6. Prevents Hair Loss
Castor oil prevents dandruff, dry scalp, patches, etc. which are the leading causes of hair loss. Also, massaging the scalp with castor oil promotes thicker and longer hair.
7. Delays Skin Aging
Castor oil stimulates collagen and elastin production. It also moisturizes the skin thereby preventing the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. The antioxidants in castor oil help scavenge free oxygen radicals, which, in turn, help to keep the skin young and healthy.
It is clear that castor oil is of great help. But where can you find the best castor oil that’s pocket-friendly as well? Find out next.
Where To Buy Castor Oil?
You can buy castor oil online or at any of the local Ayurveda stores. Check the label for directions of usage. If it says you should not consume it, then you must look for good brands that sell edible castor oil.
What Are The Best Brands Of Castor Oil?
- Dabur Erand Tail (Castor Oil)
- Humdard Castor Oil
- Pure Organic Cold Pressed Castor Oil USDA Certified
- Majestic Pure Castor Oil
- Organic Castor Oil 100% USDA Certified Pure
- Now Foods Castor Oil
Like everything else, castor oil also has a few side effects. Scroll down to know more.
Castor Oil Side Effects
Consuming more than the recommended dosage of castor oil can be dangerous. Here’s what it can cause.
- Muscle cramp
- Gastrointestinal irritation
- Skin rashes
- Ricin toxicity
- Consult your doctor before consuming castor oil for weight loss.
- To consume castor oil, buy the edible grade castor oil.
- Do not consume castor oil for more than 7 consecutive days.
To conclude, obesity is a condition caused by poor lifestyle habits. You must eat healthy, and exercise regularly to lose weight. Castor oil is an excellent weight loss accelerator and can help improve your overall health. So, consult your doctor today and get rid of the stubborn fat.
- Does Drinking Hot Water Help You Lose Weight?
- Does High Protein Diet Help You Lose Weight?
- Does Morning Yoga Help You Lose Weight?
- Does Yerba Mate Tea Help You Lose Weight?
Latest posts by Charushila Biswas (see all)
- 15 Exercises And Stretches For Instant Relief From Lower Back Pain - May 23, 2018
- Rebel Wilson’s Weight Loss Secrets – How The Pitch Perfect Actress Lost 35 Pounds - May 22, 2018
- Why Am I Always Hungry? 20 Reasons You Are Hungry 24/7 - May 16, 2018
- 15 Benefits Of Lifting Weights For Women – A Beginner’s Guide - May 16, 2018
- How To Get Sculpted Curves Quickly Without Body Shapers - May 15, 2018