Choices can be so hard, especially when it comes to moisturizers. Not everyone’s skin type is the same and so what works for one person may wreak havoc on another’s skin. And with so many hydrating products out there, it can be hard to pick the right one without doing some good ol’ fashioned research. So, one of my most recent endeavors was to test the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion after hearing good things about the product and here’s what I found:
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion
Description & Packaging
The Cetaphil moisturizing lotion has a very practical looking packaging. The smaller bottles come with a flip cap while the bigger one comes with a pump.
While the product says that it is quickly absorbed, it can be on the heavier side when it comes to consistency for those with oily skin, but this can easily be countered with blotting paper or tissue. For people with dry skin, it sinks right in. The lotion is free of any fragrance, which is great for soothing issues like irritation and eczema.
While this product does not have any glorified ingredients, it is an efficient mild lotion for moisturizing the skin.
Following is a list of ingredients present in the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion.
Purified Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Refined Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (macadamia Nut Oil), Cetostearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone 10cs, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Sorbic Acid, Stearoxy Trimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Dexpanthenol, Farnesol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.
Features Of Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion
Here are some features that set Cetaphil apart from other moisturizing lotions.
- The Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion claims that it is specifically formulated to soothe your chronically dry skin.
- Once applied, your skin feels soft and smooth. It is non-greasy, non–irritating and non–comedogenic (won’t clog pores), leaving you feeling more comfortable in your own skin.
- It is suitable for all skin types, acne-prone skin, oily skin, and infants.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Benefits
While product claims can always sound great, it’s hard to tell what the real benefits are from looking at the bottle alone. Here’s what I gathered from the claims and after having used the lotion myself:
- The Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion helps bind moisture to the skin, preventing moisture loss. This helps to keep your skin hydrated through the course of your day.
- It is quickly absorbed into your skin, preventing the need to rub the lotion on repeatedly. The quick absorption provides the outer layer of your skin with long-lasting hydration.
- The epidermis, or the outer layer of your skin, acts as a barrier that protects the inner layers. The Cetaphil lotion helps form a protective barrier on the epidermis, conserving it and improving its efficiency.
- It has a fragrance and lanolin-free formula. This is especially beneficial for people with skin issues such as psoriasis or eczema as the scents in some lotions can sometimes cause irritation.
- This lotion is specially formulated for sensitive and dry skin so much so that the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion can also be used for infants with sensitive skin and rashes. It hydrates well and soothes the skin.
- The Cetaphil lotion has non-comedogenic properties which allow it to be used by people with acne and oily skin as it does not clog the pores or cause breakouts. It is light on the skin and is absorbed without causing build-up.
- It is suitable for all skin types; be it dry, combination, or oily, and can also be used for infants and people with sensitive skin.
- Unless your skin is extremely oily, it is non-greasy and does not leave behind a film after application.
- The smaller bottles are travel-friendly and can be easily carried around in your bag.
- It provides immediate relief for people with irritated skin from issues like psoriasis and eczema.
- Delivers on its moisturizing claims.
- Free of parabens, lanolins, and fragrance.
- It is readily available on e-commerce websites such as Amazon.
- Not light enough for people with extremely oily skin. However, this can be rectified with blotting paper.
- Contains alcohol.
- No sun protection.
How Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Works For Different Skin Types
While Cetaphil moisturizing lotion works for all skin types, it works a little differently for each. Keep reading to find out how.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion For Normal Skin
Cetaphil is a good moisturizer for people with normal skin types. It only needs to be applied once after the shower, and it will keep your skin feeling soft and supple all day long. The hydrating effects of the lotion last through the day without making your skin feel like there’s a greasy film left behind on it.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion For Oily Skin
It is easy to accidently apply too much of this moisturizing lotion onto the oily skin. When using Cetaphil for oily skin, it is important to remember that a little goes a long way. Its non-comedogenic properties make this lotion ideal for people with oily skin. While it can get a little greasy, it’s nothing some blotting paper or tissue cannot fix. Just apply the lotion as you normally would and blot out the excess oil with some tissue.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion For Dry Skin
People with dry skin can benefit the most from using this moisturizing lotion. Its long-lasting hydrating effects combined with its lightness can improve dry skin health in no time. It also helps soothe the skin and relieve any irritation. It won’t do harm to slather on a little extra lotion in the morning if your skin tends to be extremely dry. This should keep your skin moisturized throughout the day.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion For Acne-Prone Skin
Its non-comedogenic properties make Cetaphil ideal for people with acne-prone skin. The lotion is light and does not cause breakouts. In fact, with regular use, this moisturizing lotion can help soothe acne. Use the lotion once after you shower during the day.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion For Skin Issues
Cetaphil moisturizing lotion for eczema, psoriasis, and other skin issues as such, can go a long way in improving skin health. The lotion has a cooling effect on your skin, helping soothe these problems and keeping them at bay. Apply the lotion on the affected areas once in the morning. You may repeat this as you go about your day if your skin starts to feel irritated again.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion For Babies
Many doctors recommend using Cetaphil for babies with sensitive skin and rashes. The lotion is mild and helps keep the skin soft, providing it with the extra care it needs.
Quantity & Price
100mL for Rs. 314
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Review
My skin tends toward being dry, but I also tend to sweat a lot. Surprisingly, this lotion worked for me. I had some trouble figuring out how much to use in the beginning, but then I figured out that a little can go a long way. My skin feels moisturized throughout the day, and its texture has improved to be more soft and smooth.
The product promises to bind moisture skin to keep it hydrated and soothed, and that’s exactly what it does. What I like best is that the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion is completely fluff-free and does not mention any special ingredients or properties. It is formulated to simply hydrate your skin, and it completely delivers on its claims.
I also noticed that the blackheads on my nose have visibly reduced about two weeks into using Cetaphil moisturizing lotion on my face.
If I could change one thing about this product, I would add SPF to it so that I don’t have to use a sunblock over it.
I had a friend with cystic acne try out the product with me and she seems to have liked it as much as I did, if not more. She was already using the Cetaphil cleanser and while the lotion did not clear out her skin, it has definitely kept it hydrated without causing any breakouts. The non-comedogenic claim is not just a claim and definitely comes through.
Seeing how she had been having a lot of issues with her skin, I’m pretty sure that the lotion is going to stay on her shelf for a while.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Side Effects
Cetaphil moisturizing lotion does not have any known side-effects. But this does not eliminate the possibility of adverse reactions to the product because not all side-effects are reported. If you have reason (such as diagnosed skin problem) to believe that this lotion might cause some side-effects, please consult a dermatologist before you start using it.
I would give this product a 4 out of 5 rating.
Will I Recommend It?
I would definitely recommend this lotion for people with normal, dry, and combination skin types. It is also a handy lotion to have on your shelf if you have babies or someone with sensitive skin in the house. However, I am sure that there are other products that are better suited for people with oily skin available in the market.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion is definitely one of the best fluff-free products available in the market. If you’ve been thinking about switching moisturizers to something that is more practical and handy, this is definitely a right choice. Have you every tried Cetaphil lotion? Tell us about your experience in the comments section below.
- Nivea Extra Whitening Body Lotion Review
- Olay Total Effects 7 in One Anti-Ageing Fairness Cream Review
- Bio Oil Review And Benefits
Latest posts by Meenal Rajapet (see all)
- Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream Review - October 1, 2017
- Lakme Kajal Review - September 29, 2017
- #BreakThePattern: 5 Amazing Gifts To Give Your Brother This Raksha Bandhan - August 4, 2017
- How To Use Black Seed Oil (Kalonji) For Hair Growth And Baldness - May 8, 2017
- Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ Review - April 20, 2017