Before making a note on which hair color shade to choose for damsels who have been blessed with sultry olive tones for their skin and enchanting brown eyes, there is something we must do. It is to learn a little bit more about the importance of determining the right hair color for the skin tone you have been blessed with!
Read on to know more!
You Need A Change:
Growing up, mothers applied the lovely coconut oil to nourish our tresses and keep them shining- a sign of good health. But in this day and age, we want a change, a break from the cacophony of what was to what can be, and hence going a little quirky, bold and bright with hair colors, dark or light can be a fun thing to do.
Play along with your positive points, your attributes and your personality, and then ask yourself, if the color you see on glossy magazine models and celebrities, would best suit your stance or not!Remember PYTs, what may look hot on someone else, may be a recipe for disaster when it comes to you. This is why it is so important to have the right dye shades and colors, those that would compliment your skin tone and not contrast it!
What Is Your Skin Tone?
We are blessed with warm or cool skin tones, and there is a way to find out which one is us. Here are the steps-Wash your face with a mild herbal cleanser to get all the dirt, grime and impurities removed
- Stand in front of a mirror, in a room that has plenty of natural light coming through
- In one hand, hold a red piece and a yellow piece of paper
- In the other hand, blue, silver, green and white pieces each
- Place each paper by the surface of your facial skin- ONE AT A TIME
- If a certain color flatters your skin and makes you glow more, for example if yellow or red does the flattering, you then have a warm skin tone. If it is any of the colors from the other group, then you belong to the cool skin tone group!
You could do the same trick under the sun, using the pieces of colored paper individually. Bluish-tint means cooler tones, while greenish tints mean warmer skin tones.
What Is The Correlation With Hair Color Choices?
Now that you know how to check for the undertone of your skin, and this isn’t a permanent feature though for life, thanks to the sun tan and the elements that can brighten or darken the skin- olive skin and brown eyed men and women have green undertones to deal with.
- Shades of red are the best
- Strawberry blonde hair color is nice
- Auburn brunette is classy
Should You Have Red Skin Undertones?
Think about the following colors-
- Mocha browns
- Icy blondes
- Violet reds
Tip: If you are dark olive skinned, never use medium browns and blondes.
Talking about the eyes, while most with blue eyes use copper hair color, and hazel damsels wear browns and chocolates, with olive eyes to flaunt, you could think of
- Orangish reds
- Golden blondes
- Honey blondes
- Chocolate brunettes
Should You Have Warmer Skin Tones?
- Ash browns are the best match
- You could think of beige
- A touch of champagne blonde
- Deep reds too would be sassy
- Violet and auburn mix
What About Ombre And Should I Think Of It With Brown Eyes And Olive Skin?
Yes, why not! Go right ahead and think ‘sombre’, and not ‘ombre’, the latter is so out of fashion in 2015. Warm and cool toned skin and eyes can use sombre colors, for a very natural touch and effortless effect!
We would ask you to check with your personal hairstylist to know which color would suit you the best, and check with the shade card too. Have fun coloring your hair, but let it compliment your overall feature and not just the eyes and skin!
How did you like this post? Tell us by commenting in the box given below.
Latest posts by Debasree Ghosh (see all)
- How To Choose The Right Hair Color For Olive Skin And Brown Eyes? - July 31, 2015
- The Ultimate Wedding Makeup Guide For Brown Eyes - July 21, 2015
- 7 Simple Tips To Do Rockabilly Makeup - June 5, 2015
- How To Do Drag Queen Makeup? - May 29, 2015