Christian Bale is good looking—that’s stating the obvious! Women all over the world love him for his looks and acting skills, while men admire him for his dedication.
One of the hottest English actors, his performance in the Batman series namely Batman Begins, the Dark Knight and the Dark Knight Rises is commendable. He is one of the most talked-about actors, when celebrity weight changes are discussed. In every movie, you always get to see him in a new avatar with a new body.
He trimmed himself down to 122 pounds from 185 pounds for a movie. In 2013, he gained weight for a movie called The American Hustle to get a bulgy look, but then again he recently lost weight to look fab and slim in his latest movie Exodus. Have a look at these body transformations below.
But how does he do it? How does he manage to lose and gain weight almost at will, without it harming his health? So, let’s talk about Christian Bale’s weight loss routine and workout secrets. Read on, to know about this hot and happening actor’s workout secrets and weight loss routine.
Christian Bale Weight Loss Routine:
Bale’s weight loss routine was a little more than extreme. This determined actor lived on an apple, a cup of coffee, and water every day. He followed this routine and eating habit for weeks. He took a few supplements too, to make sure that he gets the required amount of nutrients for his body.
Next step was to keep him stuck to this crazy regime. He realized that because of drinks and party poppings, his weight was increasing and he was becoming a bit bulgy. So he had to cut himself off socially. He stopped going out and hanging around with friends. He strictly said no to friends, social life, drinks, and dinners—now, that’s dedication! But be aware that Bale followed these weight loss routine under some expert supervision. He knew what he was doing.
Alternatively, there is another weight loss routine too, that Bale followed to reduce his weight for a movie. This option is much safer than the one we talked about earlier. He ate only 1 can of tuna a day. His breakfast included skimmed milk, apple or water, biscuits along with a full vitamin supplement. His main meal was a can of tuna. To kill the hunger pains, he drank a cup of tea, white with sweeteners. He also exercised hard to be in that perfect shape. If exercising is not possible, try running few miles, suggests Bale. That helps a lot too.
The most important thing, according to Bale, is your will power. He believes that your will power has to be strong if you really want to transform your body. May it be weight loss or weight gain, both the things are tough. So, your will power plays the most important role in your fitness life.
Bale follows a strict workout regime. His workout routine includes jump squats, explosive bench press, power cleans, dead lift, and high pulls. His workout routine also includes fat burning cardio. According to him, the best fat burning cardio is running.
Once in a week, he goes for 10-20 laps of swimming along with 30 minutes of stretching session. Rest of the week, he follows a three day workout plan.
- 4 sets of chin ups superset with cable rows. Each set has 10-12 reps.
- 4 sets of power clean with barbell up to chest. With each set increasing weights- 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- 4 sets of snatch hang high pull, with increasing weights in every set.
- 5 sets of sprinting for 30 meters, then 5 sets of 40 meters. Take rest of 60 seconds after every set.
- 4 sets of squat jump, 10 reps
- 4 sets of reverse lunges, 10 reps
- 3 sets of dumbbell flyes, 12 reps
- 3 set of bench press with smith machine, 12 reps
- 4 sets of stability ball push-ups, 10 reps
- 4 sets of close grip pulldowns, 10 reps
- 4 sets of deadlift with increasing weights, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
So, the next time you see Christian Bale on screen and rave about his body, remember the dedication it took to get there. Now that you know the secret behind Bale’s fabulous body, his mantra behind sudden weight loss, and workout regime, you can try and emulate some of them. But we do not recommend you to go on a one apple a day diet. Let’s leave that to the celebrities!
Do share your views on this via comments section below.
Latest posts by Anamika M (see all)
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Feverfew For Skin, Hair And Health - April 4, 2014
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Rooibos For Skin, Hair And Health - April 2, 2014
- Best Tinted Lip Balms Available In India – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Best Weight Loss Centers/Clinics In Bangalore – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Christian Bale Weight Loss Routine Revealed - March 7, 2014