Many of us diss weight loss pills. There are probably more controversies associated with these pills as compared to the number of pharmaceutical companies that sell them. Like you, I too tend to look at them with serious concern and skepticism. However, there are many of you who would want to take these pills to lose weight quickly. So, should you take them? Would they be safe? To find out, I picked the most raved about weight loss pill, Clenbuterol. This drug for weight loss has been used by celebrities like Victoria Beckham and Britney Spears. And apparently, it has helped many women and men lose weight. So, does it really work or should you avoid it? Let’s find out!
What Is Clenbuterol?
Clenbuterol, popularly known as Clen, is a bronchodilator and decongestant. It is mostly used to prevent asthma attacks. It is a steroid-like substance, but not a steroid, and falls into the β2 agonists’ category. This drug is quite similar to stimulant drugs like amphetamines and adrenaline. This means that Clen has adrenaline-like effects on the body. It stimulates the beta-2 adrenergic receptors and has anti-catabolic and thermogenic effects. Clen is available as clenbuterol hydrochloride. Let’s find out how Clenbuterol burns fat in the next section.
How Does Clenbuterol Aid Weight Loss?
Clenbuterol, a beta-2 adrenergic receptor, can initiate similar physiological reactions as adrenaline does. It stimulates the beta-2 receptor subtypes in the adrenergic system, which results in the increase of cAMP (a derivative of ATP required for cellular cross-talk). This, in turn, increases protein kinase A (an enzyme that regulates sugar, lipid, and glycogen metabolism) activity, which induces a lipase or fat burning effect in the body. It stimulates other pathways as well that help to burn fat through a biological process called fatty acid oxidation. This fat is then used as a source of energy to perform bodily functions. It activates the mitochondria to release ATPs, and the metabolic rate goes up. It is well known that increased metabolism helps in weight loss. In the next segment, we will tell you how to take Clenbuterol to get the best results.
How To Take Clenbuterol For Weight Loss
Bodybuilders, celebrities, models, athletes, and dieters take Clen in “cutting cycles” – the best way to take Clenbuterol. The continuous intake of this drug leads the body to form tolerance, and the beta-2 adrenoreceptors become less sensitive to Clenbuterol. Hence, it should be taken in cycles. Here’s the cycle you may follow:
- Two weeks on – Two weeks off
- Two days on – Two days off
So, how much Clenbuterol should you take? Check out the two-week dosage chart below.
Clenbuterol Dosage For Weight Loss
This is a Clenbuterol-only dosage plan for two weeks for women. Make sure you consult your doctor before you take this weight loss pill. Also, keep in mind that women should avoid taking higher dosages. The dosage of Clenbuterol for women should typically be between 20-80 mcg.
- Day 1 – 20 mcg
- Day 2 – 20 mcg
- Day 3 – 20 mcg
- Day 4 – 20 mcg
- Day 5 – 20 mcg
- Day 6 – 40 mcg
- Day 7 – 40 mcg
- Day 8 – 40 mcg
- Day 9 – 40 mcg
- Day 10 – 60 mcg
- Day 11 – 60 mcg
- Day 12 – 60 mcg
- Day 13 – 80 mcg
- Day 14 – 80 mcg
After you complete Day 14, do not take Clenbuterol for two weeks. Then, resume the cycle. You may continue this cycle 15 times more. But be warned, do not exceed 16 cycles of Clenbuterol in a year. Also, take 8-20 weeks off after you have completed a year’s dosage of Clenbuterol. So, by the end of it, how much weight loss can you expect? Revealed in the next section!
How Much Weight Loss Is Expected Of Clenbuterol?
It depends on the approach you take and the level of lifestyle changes you make in your daily life. But typically, if you follow the above dosage plan, eat healthy, workout, and get proper rest, you should lose 3-4 pounds per week. Which is great if you see the end result after a year. It can also show great results after a month, especially if you need to lose weight for an upcoming event.
Like all other drugs, Clenbuterol also has its positives and negatives. Let’s take a look.
The Best Thing About Clenbuterol
Most weight loss pills and diets lead to loss of lean muscle mass. But that is not the case with Clenbuterol. Clenbuterol is catabolic, which means it breaks down fat, but it is also anabolic, meaning it will prevent loss of muscle but stimulate the growth of skeletal mass. As you will build muscle and skeletal mass, your weight on the scale may not show much difference, but you will see a leaner and toned body. This is because muscle is denser than fat and so, 1lb muscle looks leaner than 1lb fat. This is the reason Clenbuterol is so popular amongst bodybuilders. Here is a list of popular trade names of Clenbuterol.
Clenbuterol Trade Names
- Sopharma Clen
- Clenbuterol Hydrochloride
But, the biggest question is if you can take Clenbuterol for weight loss. Here’s what you should know.
Can You Take Clenbuterol For Weight Loss?
If you are 10-15 lbs overweight, you can use Clenbuterol. It acts the best when you are in good shape and want to be in great shape. But if you are very obese and need to lose a lot of weight, Clenbuterol is not for you. Your weight loss should be initiated under the supervision of an experienced professional with proper nutrition, exercise, and supplements. After you lose a good amount of fat, you may use Clenbuterol to get rid of the last bit of fat and build muscle mass.
The next big question is whether Clenbuterol is safe. And it is answered in the next section.
Is Clenbuterol Safe For Weight Loss?
Always consult your doctor before using Clenbuterol for weight loss. Clenbuterol, like other drugs, may not be safe if you overuse or misuse it. If your doctor doesn’t give you the clearance to use Clenbuterol, you should simply not use it. Avoid it if you are suffering from heart disease, anxiety, and hypertension. It can also pose serious health risks if you overdose yourself to lose weight quickly.
When taken in proper dosages under the guidance of a professional, you can reap many benefits of Clenbuterol. Here is the list of benefits of taking Clenbuterol for weight loss.
Benefits Of Clenbuterol For Weight Loss
- Clenbuterol increases the body’s tolerance and endurance levels. So, you can push yourself to follow a strict workout routine to burn a few extra pounds. Besides, Clenbuterol also reduces muscle pain due to heavy workouts.
- It protects the heart and lungs during the process of weight loss. Though workouts are usually done under professional guidance, there might be a few exercises that affect the heart. This drug is meant to control such fluctuations.
- Clenbuterol helps break down the fatty acids present in the body, which accelerates weight loss. So, if you are looking for fast results, this drug is the way forward. Actors and models who are looking to bulk up or lose weight for a particular role or a show may turn to this drug for quick results.
- The drug is usually taken with vitamins and other energy supplements, thus reducing the need for a very strict diet regimen. Though food is important even when you are subjecting yourself to such physically challenging activity, you can, at times, steal a day for yourself.
Well, Clenbuterol can also have adverse effects when not used properly. Here are the side effects of Clenbuterol.
Clenbuterol Side Effects
- Since this drug acts like adrenaline, using it in excess may increase the heart rate and may lead to heart attack. In some cases, it can also lead to muscular hypertrophy.
- Once you get used to seeing yourself fit and active, you can get addicted. And once you stop using the drug, you may experience withdrawal symptoms and stress.
- Overuse can lead to nausea, vomiting, sweating, insomnia, anxiety, and increase in blood pressure.
- Clenbuterol may cause a decrease in the body’s taurine and potassium stores, which can result in muscle cramping.
- You may also experience headache, shaking hands, and excessive appetite.
Consult your doctor to know if you should take any supplement while you are on Clenbuterol. In general, when you take Clenbuterol for weight loss, it may deplete the potassium and taurine stores in your body. To compensate for this loss, you should take potassium and taurine supplements.
Though Clenbuterol is very popular, it is not legal in many countries. Here’s what I found.
Is Clenbuterol Banned In A Few Countries?
Yes, Clenbuterol is banned in countries like the USA, Australia, UK, New Zealand, Canada, and many other countries. In these countries, you cannot buy Clenbuterol as a supplement or weight loss pill, but it is used for veterinary purposes. Clenbuterol was banned because some people had overdosed themselves and damaged their health seriously. Since the doctors could not control the overuse of this drug, it was finally banned. However, it is still legal in countries like China, India, Bulgaria, and Mexico.
In conclusion, Clenbuterol can be very effective if used under the proper guidance of a health professional. If you do decide to use it, talk to your doctor as well as your dietitian to know if you should take this drug. However, I strongly recommend that you eat good and workout regularly to lose weight. Because losing weight quickly at the cost of your health is not worth it.
Latest posts by Charushila Biswas (see all)
- Parineeti Chopra’s Weight Loss Secret Revealed! - February 7, 2017
- 5 Simple Homemade Juices To Relieve Constipation Quickly - February 6, 2017
- Lose Weight Quickly With This Egg Diet In Just A Week - January 27, 2017
- 15 Weight Loss Tips To Fit Into That Perfect Dress This New Year - December 21, 2016
- 10 Best Essential Oils And Blends To Lose Weight - December 20, 2016