When I think of coconut oil, I remember that I used to be one of those girls at school who hated my mother massaging coconut oil onto my hair, leaving me looking like a nerd. But today, years later when I bump into other classmates I thank my mom for not giving into my sobs. My long dark lustrous hair, wins me complements every single day, and my cool friends hardly have hair to pull up a pony!
Just about every person on this earth like to have a head full of hair, be it a guy or girl. Even grannies begin to sulk when their hair begins to fall off in clumps. So what should you do to have long beautiful hair and combat hair loss? Go buy some coconut oil. Though the shelves of many stores hold several hair fall therapies that cost you a fortune, and sing many claims, steer clear from them! Just use coconut oil and see the remarkable change yourself.
Beauty Facts of Coconut Oil For Hair Loss:
Here are a few facts about this beauty aid that will nourish your scalp and promote hair growth.
- Coconut oil is the very 1st plant that was ever used by mankind. This oil is derived from only the mature fruits of the coconut tree.
- Pure coconut oil is easy to identify. It is thick and white and semi solid in nature.
- Dermatologists suggest that you use only pure, refined and virgin coconut oil on your scalp for best results.
- Natives of most coastal areas that is home to coconut trees, are seen to have strong, thick and beautiful manes.
How to use Coconut Oil For Hair Loss?
Warm some coconut oil in a bowl over the stove. Do not over heat. Apply the warm coconut oil using the tips of your fingers stroking your scalp as you apply the oil. This helps in improving blood circulation. Now use a comb and gently comb your hair so that the oil reaches each strand of your hair. Leave the oil overnight and wash with a mild herbal shampoo. Repeat this at least thrice a week for best results.
[ Read: Iron Deficiency Cause Hair Loss ]
Is Coconut oil good for hair loss treatment?
Strengthens Roots: Every hair strand is said to be like a tube, hallow on the inside. When coconut oil is applied to your scalp and hair the oil penetrates deep within. This fills up the hair shafts and gives more volume to your hair. Regular application also strengthens the roots and reduces hair fall, making your hair look fuller and denser.
Prevents Hydral Fatigue: Hair tends to get damaged due to swelling as well as shrinking of fibres due to either water retention or absorption. This is termed as hydral fatigue and causes hair fall. Using coconut oil helps prevent hydral fatigue and thereby hair fall.
Prevents Protein Loss from Hair: Protein loss can also cause hair fall, weak and unhealthy looking hair. Studies have established that use of coconut oil ensures reduction in protein loss from damaged or undamaged hair. Coconut oil does not contain proteins, but is said to help prevent protein loss from hair.
Seals in the Moisture: Coconut oil also seals in the moisture needed by your hair. It keeps your hair looking hydrated, silky and shiny! This age old oil conditions the hair from the follicle to the tip and protects it from heat as well as environmental damage.
Prevents Viral and Bacterial Infections: Antibacterial property of this oil, that contains several nutrients keeps the hair and scalp healthy and prevents several viral and bacterial infections that can aggravate hair loss.
Coconut Oil For Hair Growth:
In short coconut oil leads to hair growth through the following properties:
- It stimulates hair re-growth by penetrating deep within the hair follicles.
- It improves scalp health by fighting against bacterial and viral infections. It also helps combat lice and dandruff and soothes insect bites
- It helps in moisturizing dry, brittle, and lifeless hair.
- It makes your hair soft and shiny
- It slows down hair loss considerably
- It prevents split ends and prevents hair breakage
[ Read: Coconut Oil Help Treat Dandruff ]
Many women who have used coconut oil for decades claim that the secret behind their hair not turning gray too soon is the miraculous coconut oil!! If you have been searching for an inexpensive yet effective solution to reduce hair fall, try the coconut oil today!
- Top 15 Amazing Benefits Of Virgin Coconut Oil For Skin, Hair And Health
- 9 Amazing Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Skin And Hair
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Weight Loss
- How Does Green Tea Reduce Hair Loss?
What does ‘Saturday Night’ bring to your mind? Bottles of whisky, clinking glasses, and many friends? Dim lights, thumping music and...
Amrita Rao is a young Indian Bollywood actress and model known for her performances in blockbuster movies like Vivaah and Main Hoon Naa. She looks pretty with or without makeup. Here’s a picture collage...
If you suffer from pancreatitis, you probably already know that along with medical treatment, you need...
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 15 Mouth-Watering Chicken Curry Recipes For You To Try - October 28, 2014
- 5 Delicious Chicken Recipes For Your Kids - October 28, 2014
- 5 Yummy Egg Recipes For Babies - October 28, 2014
- 5 Yummy Egg Noodles Recipes You Must Try Out - October 22, 2014