These days, with the increasing levels of pollution as well as our own unhealthy lifestyle and eating habits, more and more people are complaining of hair and skin problems. Among hair problems, hair breakage, hair thinning, hair fall and lack of hair growth are some of the most common problems. Keeping the body healthy both internally and externally is important in maintaining the volume, shine and good health of the hair strands.
There are various natural products that can be consumed as well as used on the hair to promote hair growth. It is always advisable to adhere to such natural measures solely because they are 100 percent safe and free from all side effects.
Coconut water is one of the many used natural liquids for hair growth. This list will provide you all the information on coconut water for hair growth, starting from the benefits to the methods of use.
Coconut Water – An Introduction
Coconut water is one of the most naturally refreshing and soothing drinks that you can adhere to. There are innumerable benefits attached with coconut water where hair and skin are concerned. Along with drinking it, application of the same will give you wonderful outcomes for a glowing skin and healthy and voluminous hair. You will see visible results with regular consumption or application as face and hair masks.
[ Read: Hair Growth ]
How does Coconut Water for Hair Growth Help?
When we specifically talk about hair growth, coconut water has naturally hydrating properties that help in strengthening the roots as well as improving the blood circulation to the hair follicles. These help in triggering the hair growth in a perfect manner. It can be simply massaged into the hair or else consumed each day for maximum advantage.
It is also loaded with nutrients like vitamins and minerals that will help in keeping the hair healthy and free from any crises. This will in turn help in hair growth. It also has calcium and protein. The hair strands are made from protein and therefore coconut water will help in the growth process.
[ Read: Carrots For Hair Growth ]
Ways of Applying Coconut Water for Hair Growth
1. Drink a glass of fresh coconut water each day in the morning on an empty stomach for benefits of body, skin and hair.
2. Massage the fresh coconut water on the scalp and the hair strands each day. Keep this for about 20-25 minutes before washing off with plain water. This will give you just the desired results for hair growth.
3. Make a hair mask with coconut water and other beneficial products like apple cider vinegar or may be fruits like banana or avocados and apply it on the hair evenly. This should be done every fortnight to extract the advantage. Keep the hair mask on the scalp for about 45 minutes covered with a shower cap. You can follow it with a mild shampoo and conditioning. This is another way in which coconut water can be applied on the hair for growth. Coconut water can be used in any of the hair masks in place of water.
[ Read: Benefits of Coconut Water ]
Associated Benefits of Coconut Water for Hair Growth
1. Prevents Itchy Scalp
2. Prevents dandruff
3. Keeps infections at bay
4. Adds Shine
5. Moisturizes and nourishes the hair
6. Adds softness and smoothness to the hair
7. Straightens wavy, curly and frizzy hair
[ Read: Vitamin B Foods For Hair Growth ]
Coconut water has, for long, been a soothing drink, especially during summers. Now that you know its added benefits on your hair, make sure you try some of them as per your convenience.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)