We all desire for a flawless skin, don’t we? We love our skin and try hard to maintain it every day. But there are certain factors which makes it difficult . Yes, we are talking about acne. Even with the best of efforts, we still experience breakouts for reasons beyond our control. There are many types of acne. One such type is Comedonal Acne that occurs on our foreheads and chin. We usually call them blackheads, whiteheads and acne.
What is Comedonal Acne?
The causes of acne, especially comedonal acne, can vary from person to person. Some of the major types and their causes are:
- Whiteheads: Most of you may have had it, while some lucky ones might just have escaped its clutches! These are harmless-looking white spots on the skin. Our skin has pores which contain natural oil glands. Sometimes the oils secreted by our skin’s glands get trapped below the outer layer of the skin. This oil appears whitish on the surface.
- Blackheads: These are black spots, also known as Open Comedo. They are not inflammatory and are usually prominent in the T-zone. The oil and sebum from our glands sometime get clogged by bacteria, oil or skin debris. When the contents of the pores come into contact with oxygen in the air, they react and turn black. Sometimes, a blackhead may also be a little yellowish.
Blackheads are the first stages of pimples and if left untreated, they tend to turn red and create a papule or pustule. Pimples are red, inflamed acne, which may or may not hurt when touched and can cause scars or spots.
[ Read: Easy Remedies For Pimples On Forehead ]
What is the cause for acne?
Usually we all go through changes during puberty. The main changes are the spikes in hormones which affect the oil glands on the skin. Oil glands overproduce and this excessive oil production leads to whiteheads and blackheads. During puberty, it’s necessary to understand one’s skin type and use the right products.
Ways to Control Comedonal Acne:
- Cleansing your face twice a day is necessary for everyone. Our skin is subjected to pollution, dust and bacteria borne by the air. These need to be cleansed from the pores in order to keep them unclogged. Clogged pores result in whiteheads and blackheads. Bacteria that are clogged in the skin’s pores cause those painful pimples and may result in papules and pustules. Hence, cleansing should be a must in your daily routine.
- Use of makeup, which can clog the pores and stop them from breathing freely, should be avoided as much as possible. It’s also necessary to remove all traces of it before going to bed as leftover makeup is very bad for the skin and may result in its premature ageing.
- If any comedonal acne appears, it’s best to treat it with Salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is available in medicated face washes and cleansing foams which help to treat acne. Salicylic facial foam is available without prescription but it’s quite mild. So, it is better for you to consult your dermatologist and ask him to prescribe you the medicine.
- Check with your doctor for hormonal problems to understand acne better. Some have hereditary acne problems while for others, there is a sudden spike in hormones, causing acne.
- Over the counter creams are available for blackheads and whiteheads but it’s best to consult your dermatologist for the best suggestion.
[ Read: Use Olive Oil To Get Rid Of Acne Scars ]
Acne can make you feel unattractive. But please remember that millions of people, of all ages, deal with the same problem every day. You can either wallow in self pity or do something constructive to prevent acne and control it.
We hope this helps you understand more about these common acne problems. Do leave us your feedback below.
Latest posts by Shabby (see all)
- Comedonal Acne – What Is It And 5 Ways To Control It - March 18, 2014
- 16 Best Pongal Kolam Designs That You Should Try In 2018 - February 20, 2014
- Top 25 Most Beautiful Athapookalam Designs To Try In 2018 - November 11, 2013
- 11 Different Types Of Acne And How To Identify Them? - November 8, 2013
- Top 10 Sikku Kolam Designs To Try In 2018 - October 31, 2013