Summer is at its full peak along with the pre monsoon showers. Apart from the ice teas and juices, curd is another important supplement in our staple diet especially during summers. Curd has been an integral part of our beauty regime since the ancient times. The thick, white and creamy substance is rich in lactic acid, calcium, zinc and other essential minerals. Due to the high content of live cultures, curd has numerous skin, hair and health benefits to offer.
This therapeutic food not only keeps our digestive system healthy, but also brightens the skin tone, removes tan, helps fighting the pimple causing bacteria and also moisturizes the skin. With regular application of the curd packs, one can get rid of dark spots and fine lines as it is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
The various skin benefits of curd are
- Removes stubborn tan and sunburns easily
- Helps to clear the epidermis layer of the skin, thus revealing a glowing skin
- It has anti-ageing properties
- Helps to brighten the skin tone with regular use
- Moisturize and hydrate the skin making it smooth and supple
5 Different Packs with Curd for Face
Read on to discover 5 curd face packs for different skin types.
1. Curd Face Pack for Dry Skin:
- Take a teaspoon of curd and add half a teaspoon of honey. Honey hydrates and moisturizes the skin, making it ideal for dry skin.
- Into this, add a teaspoon of the chickpea flour and mix to form a smooth paste. You can add a teaspoon of cold water so get the desired consistency.
- Apply all over the skin and keep for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water.
2. Curd Face Pack for Oily Acne Prone Skin:
Take a teaspoon of multani mitti (fuller’s earth) and add 1 teaspoon of hung curd. You can prepare hung curd at home very easily. Take a muslin cloth and keep 2 teaspoon of the home made curd in it. Tie and hang the cloth for 2 hours. The excess water from the curd will drain out and you would get hung curd.
- Prepare the pack by adding rose water into it.
- If you have acne prone skin, you can add a teaspoon of dried neem powder. Neem is popular for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which helps to reduce pimples.
- Apply all over the face and keep for 15 minutes. Rinse your face with cool water.
3. Curd Face Pack for Sensitive Skin:
- Take a half ripe banana and mash it with a fork, so that no lumps remain.
- Into this, add 1 teaspoon of curd and gram flour. You can also add a teaspoon of egg white.
- Make a smooth paste by adding some cold water.
- Apply all over the face and keep it until the pack dries completely. Rinse off the pack with cold water.
4. Curd Face Pack for Combination Skin:
- Take a teaspoon of curd and add one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Into this add half a teaspoon if honey and mix well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply all over the face and keep for 15 minutes till the pack dries.
- Rinse with cool water.
5. Curd Face Pack for Skin Whitening and Tan Removal:
- Into 1 teaspoon of curd, add 2 teaspoon of oatmeal powder.
- Into this add 1 teaspoon of gram’s flour and mix to get the desired consistency.
- Apply on the face and scrub gently in light circular motions.
- Keep it for 15 minutes and rinse off with cool water.
Curd is one of the wonder foods for both your health and beauty. Include this in your daily diet and do not forget to include it in your face packs too.
Till then take care and keep it stylish!!!!!!!!
Fruits are considered the best food for a healthy body and mind. They are rich in minerals, vitamins and are easily digestible. And the healthier you are, the prettier you look! But...>>
It is time you change the way you treat your beauty. Are you tired of spending time and money at...>>
Are you looking for an ingredient which would cater to all your beauty needs? Well, there is one such ingredient! Lemon use for face is a perfect remedy for many skin problems. This sour little fruit is highly rich in citric acid, vitamin C, vitamin B, phosphorous and carbohydrates....>>
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Ankita Biswas (see all)
- 6 Turmeric Face Packs For Different Skin Types - January 21, 2014
- Best Leave-in Conditioners – Our Top 10 Picks - December 3, 2013
- 6 Types Of Meditation Techniques And Their Benefits - November 26, 2013
- Top 10 Meditation Videos For Reference - November 13, 2013