Want to learn a unique yoga style by just sitting at home? StyleCraze now offers you unique and best-in-class yoga style which you can learn every day at home.
The practice of yoga includes warm-ups (Sukshma Vyayam), poses (asanas), breathing exercises (pranayamam) and Dhyana (mediation). It focuses on the body’s core strength along with physical, mental and spiritual strength.
Dahn yoga exercises and techniques are in hundreds to practice. Yet there are few exercises/poses which one should practice to stay fit and healthy throughout life.
To learn Dahn yoga at home in few simple steps, follow the instructions given below:
- Stand on the floor with your feet wide apart. The distance between your feet should be the same as the distance between your shoulders.
- Drop your palms down and let them loose. Let your whole body relax.
- Bounce on your knees and let your body bounce on its rhythm.
- Raise your hands and lightly tap the top of your head with your fingers.
- Do the same on the back of your head, crown of your head, forehead and all over the face.
- Tap your right arm, shoulder and repeat the same on the left hand side as well. Repeat this activity on your chest, belly, stomach, thighs, knees, calf muscles and your ankles.
- By tapping gently on your navel region, you tend to activate the core energy of your body.
- Deeply inhale and exhale.
- Practice this exercise for about 5 minutes every day. It helps in improving blood circulation in your body.
Another yoga exercise that focuses on stretching your back, body and hips is mentioned below:
- Spread your legs wide apart. The distance between your legs should be slightly more than the distance between your shoulders.
- Bend your body forward from your waist towards the ground.
- Place your hands on your hips/ buttocks.
- Firstly move your body towards the left side after bowing down. Stretch your legs and your spine.
- Move your body to the center and again stretch it and then to the right side.
- Breathe slowly and deeply. Inhale and exhale properly.
Paschimottanasana or seated forward bend is another type of exercise included in Dahn yoga sessions. Follow the steps mentioned below to get started with this exercise:
- Sit down on the floor with both legs extended in front of you.
- Stretch your arms and body forward and try to touch your toes
- Do not bend your knees and try to stretch your hands as much as you can and try to reach your toes.
- Once you manage to touch your toes with your fingers, stay in this pose for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and then release.
Dahn yoga session include various exercises which focus mainly on breathing techniques along with different poses. It even offers you immense benefits.
Dahn yoga benefits includes giving you physical, mental, emotional as well as spiritual benefits. It improves blood circulation in your body. It is also a good weight loss option. It helps in improving the body posture. It increases body’s flexibility and strength. It reduces headache and upper body tension.
Practicing Dahn yoga regularly enhances your memory levels and increases your ability to manage stress. It improves focus and concentration levels. It even helps in controlling your emotions.
A Dahn yoga class is rejuvenating and easy-to-do and can be practiced by one and all. Try practicing Dahn yoga at home and check out the wonderful difference. Do leave us a comment.
Latest posts by amruta (see all)
- Top 5 Yoga Asanas For A Healthy Heart - March 24, 2014
- Top 15 Yoga Videos From YouTube - March 5, 2014
- Iyengar Yoga – What Is It And How To Practice It? - February 28, 2014
- 10 Effective Power Yoga Workouts To Reduce Weight Fast - February 8, 2014
- Top 5 yoga Asanas To Do In Bed - December 20, 2013