Nutrition is not a far-fetched goal but it is achievable if you thoroughly understand it. People often pledge to eat right, exercise right and even live a healthy life with the appropriate consumption of all the nutrients. But what they fail to understand is that unless they get to know more about their body type, their metabolism and digestion activities and what food suits them the most, they cannot effectively achieve nutrition. Hence to be able to consume all the nutrients you need to make a daily nutrition chart that will guide the needed daily intake of certain foods which might otherwise get neglected. With this method, your body will never fall prey to the lack of nutrients.
[ Read: Nutrition Chart of Rice ]
Different sexes and age groups require different amounts of nutrients to lead a healthy life. But to generalize, we will classify the daily nutrition chart for an average adult and a child which makes it easier to describe. But if you are using the chart for yourself, you better consider the specific needs and the age factor too.
Read below to know daily nutritional requirement:
Unit of Measure
|Total Fat||grams (g)||65|
|Saturated fatty acids||grams (g)||20|
|Total carbohydrate||grams (g)||300|
On a 2000 calorie intake, the daily nutrition chart for an average adult and a child of more than 4 years of age is as follows. Such a body needs about 65 grams of fat intake on a daily basis. Saturated fatty acids should be about 20 grams in quantity.
[ Read: Nutritious Food for Children ]
- Cholesterol should be 300 milligrams.
- Carbohydrates on a daily basis must be close to 300 grams in your food whereas fiber and protein can be 25 grams and 50 grams respectively.
All these are the most basic of the daily nutrients a growing body or an adult body needs. Certain nutrients that are needed more by the body should be increased with more specific consideration depending upon the body type and other necessities.
The daily nutrition chart must also include Vitamins and minerals too in different amounts for your body to get them on a daily basis.
[ Read: Vegetables Nutrition Chart ]
- Vitamins: These include Vitamin A (5000 IU), C (60mg), D (400 IU), E (30 IU), K (80 micro grams), B6 (2 mg), B12 (6 mg) and other vitamins like riboflavin (1.7mg), niacin (20 mg) and Folate (400 micrograms).
Unit of Measure
|Vitamin A||International Unit (IU)||5000|
|Vitamin C||milligrams (mg)||60|
|Vitamin D||International Unit (IU)||400|
|Vitamin E||International Unit (IU)||30|
|Vitamin K||micrograms (µg)||80|
|Vitamin B6||milligrams (mg)||2.0|
|Vitamin B12||micrograms (µg)||6.0|
|Pantothenic acid||milligrams (mg)||10|
- Minerals, sodium should be about 2400 milligrams and potassium should be about 3500 milligrams.
Some of the minerals that are to be surely considered while deciding on a daily nutrition chart are phosphorous (1000mg), odine (150 micro gram), magnesium (400 micrograms), zinc (15 mg), selenium (70 mg), copper(2) and manganese (2 mg). All these minerals together form the entire balanced daily nutrition chart for a body.
If you cannot determine the right amount of nutrients your daily nutrition chart should contain, then take the help of a dietician and get a structured diet for the nutrient values. This will help the body receive the necessary nutrients through the right modes which will help you stay healthy and fit.
Image source: 1
Latest posts by Anamika M (see all)
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Feverfew For Skin, Hair And Health - April 4, 2014
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Rooibos For Skin, Hair And Health - April 2, 2014
- Best Tinted Lip Balms Available In India – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Best Weight Loss Centers/Clinics In Bangalore – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Christian Bale Weight Loss Routine Revealed - March 7, 2014