We are all aware of the fact that dates are a bountiful source of nutrients. But have you ever considered this natural fruit as a weight loss food? How about wanting to stave off hunger? Munch on this delicious treat and it is sure to satiate your taste buds as well as help in your weight loss management. Also, if you have a sweet tooth, then this would be an added advantage.
These nutritious nuggets, besides being an elixir of health, have the ability to trim your body and help you lose that extra weight. Are you wondering how is it possible for a high calorie fruit to actually get your body to lose weight? Well, the truth is that this fruit will neither help you make or break a weight loss plan or diet, but will instead help you develop a stickler for the diet. To know how dates for weight loss works, scroll down to read further.
[ Read: Benefits of Dates for Weight Loss ]
How Can Dates for Weight Loss Work?
1. There is only one word that can describe the reason as to how dates can get you to your desired weight and that is ‘Power house’. Yes, they are a powerhouse of vitamins, minerals, soluble and insoluble fibre, calories and what not. The fibre-rich aspect of this fruit is particularly essential for you as it can fill your hungry belly real fast and also provides you with energy. That way you will stop the ‘emotional’ craving for food and that will help you manage your pounds.
2. This fruit is also good for swift bowel movements. Remember that your weight is not just determined by your calories but also the quality of your calories. Yes, health does count. And that is what date fruits are all about. They give your body the requisite calories in terms of quality and quantity.
3. Fruits that offer you lots of calories will definitely fill your stomach faster and will give you that feeling of ‘being full’. If you are following a weight loss diet then it is recommended that a healthy weight loss plan includes a reduction of 500 calories per day from the total amount of calories you normally consume in a day. This means that you lose about half a kilogram in a week’s time.
4. Your health conscious mind will surely add dates to your ‘healthy food bucket list’ as they are free of cholesterol and Trans fats. They will enrich your body with iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, vitamins and the list goes on.
[ Read: Benefits of Raisins Weight loss ]
Dates help Weight Loss – Ways to Adopt Dates into Your Eating Lifestyle
1. One exciting way to eat dates is to de-seed it and tuck in some pieces of walnuts and almonds or any other dry fruit of your choice, although dates taste really scrumptious on their own.
2. To add chopped dates to a fruit salad or dessert you had prepared for snack is another great way to start.
3. You can also include dates in vegetables, rice dishes, couscous etc. A very common method of consuming dates is by adding it to your milk.
Some Dates That Are Particularly Good For You
[ Read: Benefits of Dates Juice ]
Here goes a small list of dates that are essentially good in doing a great job at dates weight loss:
- Medjool dates
- Deglet Noor dates
- California dates
Dates have two sides to them. The first side is where it throws on your body a plethora of nutrients and calories your body needs, ironically speaking, even to lose weight. The second feature of this fruit focuses on what it does not offer us, which are the fats and cholesterol. And that is exactly why they are popular among health and fitness enthusiasts.
Hope this article on dates and weight loss has inspired you to chew a couple of dates every day to relish in its sweetness and to stay in shape. Stay fit, stay healthy!
[ Read: Dates ]
Latest posts by sitaranikhil (see all)
- Top 10 Beauty Tips For Kids - October 5, 2013
- Does GM Diet Have An India Version? - September 28, 2013
- How Does Pineapple Help In Weight Loss? - September 27, 2013
- How Can Dates Help You Lose Weight? - September 17, 2013
- 10 Simple Ways In Which Green Tea Can Help Reduce Acne - September 16, 2013