Chinese dishes are good to taste, and most of them are quick to make too. Chinese people are all over the world today, and hence their recipes have become highly popular. Apart from the regular noodles and Manchurian curries, there are several other recipes that you can try at home and enjoy. Egg is a highly nutritious food. Using it as an ingredient while preparing a dish enhances the taste as well as ups the nutritional value.
This post has some super-yummy Chinese Egg Recipes! Go ahead and give a read!
1. Chinese Egg Drop Soup:
This delicious Chinese egg drop soup recipe provides a warm start to a perfect family dinner. Remember to serve it without any addition of preservatives and colors to retain its taste and nutritional quotient.
- 6 thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 6 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 Tsp ginger, freshly grated
- 1 Tbsp dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tbsp water
- ½ Tsp salt
- 1 large green onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ Tsp white pepper powder
- 1 egg
How To Make:
- Put a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Add chicken stock, mushrooms, ginger and rice wine. Bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and season with pepper and salt. Let it simmer.
- Whisk the egg lightly and pour it slowly, into the simmering soup.
- Keep stirring the ladle as you pour.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle chopped green onions and serve.
2. Chinese Egg Fried Rice:
It is a delicious twist to your regular fried rice. Here the egg is not just a garnish, but an essential ingredient. It is also very easy to serve, and everyone on the table can get a bite of the egg.
- 1 cup rice
- ½ cup chopped, parboiled French beans
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chopped, parboiled carrots
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup capsicum, chopped
- ½ cup green and white spring onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- Black pepper powder
- Chili sauce
- Chilies in vinegar
How To Make:
- Boil the rice.
- Take the eggs in a bowl, add a dash of salt and pepper and 2 Tbsp water. Whisk all the ingredients together and keep it aside.
- Take a non-stick pan, grease it and pour the batter.
- Cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes and flip so that both the sides turn brown.
- Cut the omelet into pieces. Keep it aside.
- Take a wok, heat oil in it and add all the chopped vegetables.
- Sauté on medium heat for 3 minutes
- Add the boiled rice, the omelet pieces, salt and soy sauce and cook for 3 minutes on medium flame. Keep stirring in between.
- Serve hot with chili sauce and chilies in vinegar.
[ Read: Chinese Egg Noodles Recipes ]
3. Chinese Egg Omelet And Vegetable Recipe:
Egg is a rich protein source and hence omelet is a part of breakfast in many households. Omelet is a versatile dish that can be added or twisted to make a completely new dish. You can always try new versions. Vegetables and omelet make a delicious and healthy meal.
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion, large
- 1 tomato
- 1 spring onion/chives
- 2 Tbsp carrot, grated
- 2 Tsp green chili, chopped
- 1 Tbsp capsicum, chopped
- 1 Tbsp cabbage, shredded
- 1 Tsp green chili sauce
- 1 Tsp soy sauce
- ½ Tsp black pepper powder
- ½ Tsp turmeric powder
- 2 Tsp oil
- Salt to taste
How To Make:
- Chop carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, onions, carrots, capsicum and white of spring onions. Mix all the veggies well with your hands.
- Break eggs in a bowl.
- Add salt, 3 Tbsp water, turmeric powder, chili sauce, soy sauce, salt and black pepper powder and whisk the eggs until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Take a frying pan and heat it.
- Use a ladle to pour the egg mixture and slowly swirl the pan so that it spreads evenly.
- Ensure that the flame is low.
- Take a Tbsp of the vegetable mixture and spread it evenly over the egg.
- Sprinkle the greens of the spring onions and then top it up with a layer of crunchy vegetables again.
- Drizzle oil on the sides so that the egg cooks well.
- Toss it and cook on both the sides until golden brown and serve hot.
4. Chinese Marbled Tea Eggs:
The marbled tea eggs are simply a delicious treat for the eyes and the taste buds too! The texture of marble on the eggs makes the dish unique. It is sure to win you many compliments for your culinary and creative skills. It is a popular dish during the Chinese New Year celebrations.
- 6 eggs
- 2-star anise
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tsp sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 Tbsp black tea
- 2 dried tangerine strips or orange peel
- 1 Tbsp Sichuan peppercorn
How To Make:
- Place eggs in a pot and cover them with water.
- Boil the eggs on low heat and let it simmer for 3 minutes
- Take out the eggs and allow them to cool under running water.
- Use a teaspoon to crack the eggshell at different spots.
- Remember the more you tap, the more intricate the design will become.
- Make sure that you do so delicately.
- Now put these eggs in boiling water again, add all the ingredients and let it simmer on low heat for 40 minutes
- Turn off the flame and cover the pot with a lid.
- Leave the eggs as it is overnight or at least for a few hours.
- The longer you steep, the better flavor these eggs will gain.
[ Read: Egg Hakka Noodles Recipes ]
5. Scrambled Eggs With Tomatoes:
The dish is very simple to prepare, and if you use only natural and fresh flavors, the nutritive value of the dish will also be high. You can make it a part of your regular breakfast if you want to build muscle mass or are trying to resist senility.
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- Salt for seasoning
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Edible oil
How To Make:
- Place a pot on high heat and drizzle some oil to coat its sides.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and then add it slowly to the wok.
- Stir-fry until the egg becomes yellowish and cooks.
- Turn off the heat and cut the egg into chunks using the cooking ladle. Keep it aside.
- Add some oil to the wok and coat the sides swirling it.
- Turn on the heat and add the chopped spring onions, and stir fry.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and sauté for a minute on high heat.
- Add the egg chunks and salt. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Serve hot.
These are our pick of five best and simple Chinese egg recipes. They are all simple to make and very healthy. It is a must try to pamper your family on weekends. Try them today and tell us which one was finger smacking good!
If you know any more yummy Chinese recipes that are healthy too, please share them with us.
- 5 Quick And Easy Easter Egg Recipes You Must Try
- Top 5 Scotch Egg Recipes To Try For Your Potluck
- 5 Delicious Japanese Egg Recipes You Should Try Today
- 5 Yummy Duck Egg Recipes To Try Out Today
- Top 5 Deviled Egg Recipes To Try Out Today
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- A to Z Of Diverticulitis Diet - August 27, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015