You have slept soundly all night. You exercise regularly and follow a healthy diet. Yet, you feel tired all the time. Does this sound familiar? This has become a common problem these days. With our busy and hectic lifestyles, we are hardly able to concentrate on ourselves and take good care of our health, and eventually, we become a victim of laziness.
Often, the group of people who always fall say, “I feel so lazy” are the ones who suffer from fatigue. Laziness, tiredness, and fatigue are all correlated and to get rid of them, it is very important to understand the difference between each of them.
Though tiredness is not considered a severe medical issue, it surely has a negative impact on your daily performance and social relationships. Also called shrama in Sanskrit, tiredness has its origin in vata and is usually caused due to its imbalance.
Fatigue, on the other hand, is caused because of physical or mental stress, which is caused due to continued tiredness. For example, if you’re working hard on an important project since very long and are getting tired every day because of it, eventually, over a period of a month or two, you start experiencing fatigue. Since fatigue is caused due to tiredness, it also originates due to an imbalance in vata.
Some of the basic symptoms of fatigue are as follows:
- You find it very difficult to get up in the morning even after having a good sleep at night, and even if you get up, you don’t feel fresh.
- Your stomach always feels heavy or bloated, and there is no balance in the amount of hunger. Either you are very hungry, or you don’t feel hungry at all.
The two major things that fatigue affects are your mental health and your digestive system. Since it disturbs your mental health, you will soon find yourself depressed or anxious. It also causes physical stress, which surely needs to be taken care of immediately.
Another major cause of fatigue is chronic illness (such as diabetes). A person suffering from diabetes feels tired all the time and does not wish to do any physical task.
Since this condition is caused due to an imbalance of vata in the body, there are a few herbs and foods that can help in its treatment.
Continuous oil treatment such as shirodhara or oil massage is effective enough to treat tiredness as it awakens your senses.
You can also include fruits such as pomegranate, sugarcane, grapes, and dates in your diet.
Though tiredness usually affects your body during the end of the day, laziness is something that affects the functioning of your body throughout the day. It doesn’t allow your mind to concentrate on any physical task and neither do you have strength to do so. And if our brain is not ready to function properly, our body will not be active.
Laziness is caused due to an imbalance in kapha. Did you notice that after having a heavy lunch, you often feel too lazy to work? Ever wondered why? This is because kapha is dominant in that period, and it makes you feel lazy. Also, when you sleep for a longer period, you feel lazy. This is because of kapha dominance. You can beat this laziness by drinking a cup of strong tea or coffee or a tablespoon of honey.
Fatigue and laziness are two conditions that are mutually supportive of each other. If you feel fatigued for a longer period, very soon, you will start feeling lazy as well because of its negative impact on the body.
And, if you’re feeling very lazy, it eventually leads to fatigue.
How To Get Rid Of Laziness, Tiredness, And Fatigue
By implementing a few simple things in your daily lifestyle, you can easily cope with the above-mentioned conditions. They are as follows:
1. Fix a sleeping schedule. Make sure your body gets habituated to the timings and you get up and go to bed at the same time daily.
2. Do not sleep for more than eight hours a day.
3. Try to sleep early so that you can get up early.
4. Avoid oily and fried food.
5. Non-vegetarian food is too heavy on the stomach, especially at night. You can opt for chicken or mutton soup as an alternative.
6. Include fruits in your diet. They are rich in antioxidants and stimulate the brain and other organs.
7. Keep your brain active by playing games such as chess or by solving puzzles.
Following these tips will surely help you feel fresh and active, but if they don’t improve your condition, it is better to consult a doctor immediately.
We hope this information is useful to you. Share your views in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Jyotsana Rao (see all)
- The Most Powerful Natural Antibiotic Tonic. Kills Any Infection In The Body. - March 3, 2017
- Remove Back And Underarm Fat With Just 4 Workouts - February 24, 2017
- How To Prevent And Cure Breast Cancer With One Natural Ingredient - February 23, 2017
- How To Remove Underarm Hair In Just 2 Minutes (Simple Natural Solution) - February 22, 2017
- Bring Your Damaged Hair Back To Life In Only 30 Minutes – All You Need Is One Ingredient! - February 21, 2017