Do you look for something refreshing during the hot sultry days? I sure do! A refreshing drink soothes the body from the inside, but what about the outside? Our skin too needs and deserves some pampering during those sweltering hot days! And it need not be just during the summers! Sadly, in our country, the heat stays till October. So, if you are looking for ways to cool down and refresh your body and skin, you have navigated to the right page! How does the idea of a fresh mint face mask sound? Interested to know? Then read on!
[ Read: Can Mint Leaves Help Cure Acne Scars ]
Things You Need For This DIY:
This is a super easy recipe and you just need to raid your kitchen for the ingredients needed. Here are the things you’ll need:
- Gram flour
- Washed mint leaves
- Plate or bowl to mix in
How To Make Mint Leaves Face Mask:
Let’s get to work!
- Take gram flour in a plate. The quantity you’ll need for the face and neck region is 2 teaspoons.
- Gram flour is one of my favorite kitchen ingredients. It cleanses the skin and removes the last bit of dirt and pollution that found its way in the last 24 hours.
- The second ingredient is curd. I have used a thin consistency of curd because thick curd tends to irritate my nose and gives me more moisture than I actually require. You may adjust the consistency as per your convenience.
- These two ingredients could suffice by themselves too. I use gram flour and curd alone on days when I just want to cleanse my face and wash off. But this time I wanted to create a face mask with these ingredients and something extra, something fresh! So that is the reason why I roped in the mint leaves!
[ Read: Benefits Of Peppermint Leaves For Health ]
- You may put all the 3 ingredients in a bowl or plate.
- Now, chop the mint leaves into small ‘convenient to use’ pieces.
- Bring together all the 3 ingredients and gear up for the mixing process.
- As you can see that all the 3 ingredients are in a different state, so we need to mix them thoroughly.
- So, after some 3-4 minutes of continuous stirring, you have the uniform mixture for the mask.
- Now, you can totally gorge upon this one. I mean go ahead and apply all over your face and neck. Let it settle on your skin for a good 15 minutes, and then wash off with water or a wet towel.
Why Should You Be Trying This Recipe?
This mint leaves face mask tightens the skin, which is the main purpose behind applying this mask. Apart from that, it also offers benefits to the skin and they are:
- Curd and gram flour together are known to get rid of all the dirt from the skin. They treat tanned skin well.
- Its regular usage improves uneven skin tone. This mask is definitely going to make your skin look fresh and young.
- Mint leaves provide the much required refreshing feel to the mask during the hot summer days.
- The ingredients are completely reliable and do not cost much. This mask is far more reliable than those available in the market, which lure you into spending around 500-1500 bucks.
- It takes less time to unmask the mask.
[ Read: 10 Benefits Of Mint For Skin! ]
Believe me when I say it. So, the next time you feel all sultry and sweaty, try this mint face mask recipe! It will not just refresh your skin, but will also make it healthier! An all natural dose of health for your skin—try it to believe it!
How do you take care of your skin during hot days? Share your secret with us in the comments section below.
- DIY – Amazing Homemade Exfoliating Rice Face Pack To Refresh Your Skin
- DIY – Refreshing Homemade Cucumber Soaked Eye Mask
- 10 Best Mud Face Masks To Pamper Your Skin
- DIY – Amazing Cucumber And Oil Face Mask Recipes To Heal Your Skin
Latest posts by Dr. Sahiba (see all)
- DIY – Amazing Fuller’s Earth Face Pack For Normal To Oily Skin - September 22, 2014
- DIY – Amazingly Effective Multi Grain Face And Body Scrub - August 21, 2014
- DIY- Amazing Mint Leaves Face Mask To Refresh Your Skin - August 12, 2014
- DIY – Highly Effective Natural Eye Emulsion To Get Rid Of Dark Circles - July 3, 2014
- DIY: Traveling Face Wash Just In 60 Seconds - May 16, 2014