Skincare options are countless today. Each brand has tons of products to offer for a skin problem, or even before the problem can crop up. Some work, some don’t and some others that work for your skin do not seem to work for your pocket – right? Toners, or face mists are summer essentials. I want a chilled spray bottle of toner waiting for me in the fridge when I return home. I cannot use my Forest Essentials one every now and then owing to the hefty price tag it comes with. I have sorted down my own solution which could be yours too once you scroll down and read the entire post.
What Do We Need For Cucumber Facial Mist?
Rose or cucumber, whichever you prefer; you can prepare a toner with any of the two ingredients. I have used cucumber. There is nothing troublesome with the ingredient list as well. Just a single cucumber is all you need.
What Do We Need To Do?
Take a fresh healthy cucumber.
You will need about 2/3rds of the cucumber of the size I have. You may buy a smaller piece.
Peel the cucumber. You may avoid peeling it and just wash it thoroughly. The aim is to clean the cucumber completely.
Now, there can be two ways out. In case you want to use it solely as a toner and would probably use it once or twice a day, you can straight away churn it, sieve out the juice and store. My aim is to prepare a facial mist cum toner which requires it to be a bit more liquefied. I am going by the other way for this reason. I’ll start cutting the cucumber in horizontal strokes first.
I need very small pieces of cucumber, so I am giving vertical cuts as well. I will cut from the base to get fine and equal sized chopped cucumber pieces.
Transfer those fine pieces into a pan.
Add water to this pan, roughly of the amount in which these cucumber pieces will be well immersed.
Keep the pan on a low flame now for 5-7 minutes in total. We are doing this because we want the cucumber essence to mix with the water nicely. At the same time, do not boil the water or keep it for a long time because that will work against the aim, that is, it will kill the nutrients in the cucumber.
Now, put the flame off and let the cucumber water cool down a bit. It would take approximately 10 minutes to cool down to the level we want. Transfer the whole thing to a mixer jar.
Churn for around 20 seconds keeping the mixer speed at the 1st level.
We are nearly done with the procedure and guess what? I am already excited to spray it on my face! We have to now sieve the juice out and that will separate the bigger pieces.
Filter the juice and collect it directly into a storage bottle or a glass for the moment, like the way I have done.
That’s it, our cucumber facial mist / toner is ready! Refrigerate it in a clean bottle and spray as and when required.
Ways You Can Use It:
- As a facial mist- this is my favorite usage type. I just love spraying it on, after my face wash ritual on returning home during the summer hot days. It’s pure bliss!
- Cucumber has natural toning properties, so you can use it twice a day as a toner alone.
- Take out the chilled liquid on a cotton pad and place it on your eyes to get relieved of puffy eyes and soreness.
- Mix it with ubtans and face packs in summers.
One time preparation of this cucumber facial toner will serve for around 4 days when kept in the refrigerator. The same procedure can be done with rose petals too instead of cucumber.
Have you ever tried cucumber mask for your skin? Try this and let me know how you like it. Until next time, take care!
- DIY – Amazing Cucumber And Oil Face Mask Recipes To Heal Your Skin
- DIY- 4 Simple Steps To Prepare A Coffee Mask For Your Skin
- DIY – Amazing Homemade Exfoliating Rice Face Pack To Refresh Your Skin
- DIY – Amazing Homemade Facial Mist For Oily Skin
- DIY: Homemade Oatmeal Honey Scrub For Softer Skin
Latest posts by Dr. Sahiba (see all)
- DIY- Amazing Mint Leaves Face Mask To Refresh Your Skin - August 12, 2014
- DIY – Highly Effective Natural Eye Emulsion To Get Rid Of Dark Circles - July 3, 2014
- DIY – Homemade Cleansing Lotion For Normal To Dry Skin - April 16, 2014
- DIY: Homemade Cucumber Facial Mist/Toner For Glowing Skin - April 8, 2014
- DIY – Homemade Hair Growth Tonic - March 12, 2014