Bad breath always lets you down even if you are Brad Pitt or Angelina’s clone! That is one thing you should immediately act upon or it will land you in embarrassing situations for sure. But fret not! It is very easy to control and prevent bad breath.
Bad breath happens due to various reasons—ageing, medications, ill fitting dentures being some of them, apart from the obvious—bad oral hygiene!
How to Fight Bad Breath?
To get rid of bad breath, brush with proper technique twice a day, use mouthwash, floss your teeth daily and rinse with plain water after every meal. If nothing works, visit your dentist for a complete check up to find the underlying cause. There are some home-made remedies as well, that help you fight bad breath. Learn how to make good mouthwash for bad breath.
Homemade Mouthwash for Bad Breath:
Here is a mouthwash recipe that will help you keep your breath fresh and odor free. Most of the things required are easily available at home. You need:
- Lemon juice
- Cinnamon powder
- Baking soda
- Warm water
What To Do:
- Cut a lemon and extract 1 spoon of lemon juice. About half a lemon would do the job.
- Pour that juice in a glass. Why we are taking a glass instead of a bowl here? That you’ll come to know later.
- Lemon is a potent antimicrobial and refreshes your breath. Do not add more than the above mentioned quantity as we do not want to create an acidic environment in the mouth.
- Add 1/4th spoon of cinnamon powder to lemon drops. Cinnamon is very effective in killing the foul odor causing bacteria. It is easily available at local grocery stores and will cause no harm if you stick to the said quantity.
- Add just a pinch of baking soda. It also helps in fighting the problem. Besides it helps in whitening teeth to some extent. Although you should know that it does not work for every individual; try and continue only if it works for you. In no case should you use more then the prescribed amount of baking soda.
- Add half to one spoon of honey. Honey acts as an anti bacterial and also makes the flavor of this mouthwash more palatable.
- Mix the ingredients quickly. You can see fizz coming up as you mix the contents; it is a because of the presence of baking soda.
- Add warm water to the mix. Stir properly at the end. We are adding warm water to allow the honey to get dissolved. It should neither be hot nor cold.
- That is how your homemade mouthwash for bad breath appears with floating particles of cinnamon on top.
- Add water if it tastes extra sour. Transfer the liquid in a small bottle and store in the fridge.
- This mouthwash has to be shaken well before each use since the contents tend to settle at the bottom.
Remember, this mouthwash for bad breath will work well for 2-3 days only, since it does not have any preservatives. You need to prepare a fresh mix post that. I don’t think that’s an issue since it does not involve a tedious procedure and ingredients are quite easy to find. Most importantly, it is all natural. Use it whenever you need to freshen up your mouth or after meals. This not only saves you money, but also makes going to the dentist a non-event, for the dentist that is! In fact, your dentist might be surprised by the health of your mouth!
Note:This mouthwash is solely for the purpose of fighting bad breath and not in case of gum problems. If your dentist tells you to use mouthwash for treating dental or gum problem, do not replace that with this home made mouthwash.
Use this mouthwash, and say goodbye to bad breath. Speak confidently, and watch the world crowd around you!
[ Read: Yoga Exercises To Fight Bad Breath ]
Do you suffer from bad breath? What do you do to manage it? Have you ever tried this kind of mouthwash for bad breath? Do share your tips with us in the comments section below!
Latest posts by Dr. Sahiba (see all)
- DIY – Highly Effective Natural Eye Emulsion To Get Rid Of Dark Circles - July 3, 2014
- DIY – Homemade Cleansing Lotion For Normal To Dry Skin - April 16, 2014
- DIY: Homemade Cucumber Facial Mist/Toner For Glowing Skin - April 8, 2014
- DIY – Homemade Hair Growth Tonic - March 12, 2014
- DIY – Homemade Mouthwash For Fighting Bad Breath With Detailed Steps & Pictures - March 8, 2014